No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Alexys has relapsed.. [Re: cathryn] #6845591
04/17/20 09:55 AM
04/17/20 09:55 AM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Really Blackdog

olden tyred
Re: Alexys has relapsed.. [Re: cathryn] #6845628
04/17/20 10:24 AM
04/17/20 10:24 AM
Colesburg, Iowa 52035
M
MINK I LOVE Offline
trapper
MINK I LOVE  Offline
trapper
M

Colesburg, Iowa 52035
Heartfelt Prayers for all of you. God Bless You All! STAY STRONG!!!

Re: Alexys has relapsed.. [Re: cathryn] #6845666
04/17/20 10:57 AM
04/17/20 10:57 AM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
God bless and be with your family. And please don't blame yourself it sounds like you have done all you can. Pray and leave it to God. Sometimes things are what they are.

Re: Alexys has relapsed.. [Re: cathryn] #6845672
04/17/20 11:01 AM
04/17/20 11:01 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Cathryn don't give up jest yet. Every 16 yr old is a bit of a mess but we are finding better meds and management methods every day for true mental illness. I have an uncle that is a decent enough guy if he takes his medications and ends up in prison when he refuses. It is his choice and he knows it so I have a hard time feeling sorry for him when he gets off of it. He was born w/o the abilty to produce X. Meds put X in his system and he is fine. It could be that they will identify some chemical or hormone your daughter isn't producing or produces too much of and you wont even hardly recognize her when they do because she is doing so well on it.

Until then I will pray for her and your family.

Last edited by Leftlane; 04/17/20 11:02 AM.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Alexys has relapsed.. [Re: cathryn] #6845826
04/17/20 12:46 PM
04/17/20 12:46 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Blackdog , so some one is deep water and reaching out and you through them a barb wire rope?

Re: Alexys has relapsed.. [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6845859
04/17/20 01:24 PM
04/17/20 01:24 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
Cathryn -

Your daughter told you months if not a year ago what the problem was. Hospitals, doctors, drugs will all help numb the symptoms but not alleviate the cause. Until you take her to someone equipped for spiritual battle, you will be in this battle. I am not sure what this child may have been raised around, but you may need to get your life in order as well.
You ask for prayers - be specific - what do you want us to pray for? To be honest - there are a lot of high and mighty people out there tooting horns who may say they will pray for you - but understand, if they do not have things in order with the Lord, they are worthless. God will lead you to what you and your daughter need if you seek Him.
Let me ask you - where is her father in all these struggles?

That's exactly what she needs. A lecture from some holier-than-thou, judgemental person.

Didn't someone say something about removing the log from your own eye ?? Sounds familiar to me.

Mean As Nails
Re: Alexys has relapsed.. [Re: cathryn] #6845877
04/17/20 01:35 PM
04/17/20 01:35 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Exactly....the rafter from one's own eye , then can see how to properly HELP remove the straw for another.

No encouragement from every angle, including casting a condemning eye on fellow Tman member's well wishes and prayers....throwing "the first stone" at everyone. More like millstones at everyone....

What a shining example of kindness and love...........

I expected something along those lines as soon as I saw his name...but I never expected it to be so sweepingly condemning, even from himself.

Cathryn, those who know you and yours, understand. There are some very encouraging comments in helpful thoughts elsewhere on here. As stated elsewhere, once right things are figured out and custom tailored , she will be great.

Keep forging ahead, Cathryn, life is good, and worth it.

Re: Alexys has relapsed.. [Re: cathryn] #6846051
04/17/20 05:14 PM
04/17/20 05:14 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I figured as much. Probably not too many of you offering up prayers believe with Gods help you have power to cast out demons. See, I do. We are different and I am fine with that. Most of you rely on drugs and an induced state of mind. I believe in much more - a Creator who knows every gene, every cell, every thought. He knew us before we were created. I believe in spiritual warfare and in the casting out of demons some of you live with and yield your lives to. Please show me the speck in my life as I rely on the Holy Spirit to guide my words, my heart and my life. Am I perfect no. But with God's help, I can move mountains because I have faith. Some of you may view my words as harsh. Some of you would have viewed Jesus as harsh. Many of you compromise and believe Gods Word does not apply today. I believe He never changes.
See, I have been praying for months for this daughter and I distinctly remember what her daughter told Cathryn. I have watched the normal pattern of using mans knowledge and drugs. We can settle for induced behaviors or deliverance. It is our choice. I believe God has better plans for His creation. I speak the truth in love. True love that stings to some.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread