No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Bear Tracker] #6847287
04/18/20 09:53 PM
04/18/20 09:53 PM
U.P. Mi
C
crane Offline
trapper
crane  Offline
trapper
C

U.P. Mi
Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Mental health is one of the largest parts that the Untied States, it does not, cannot afford to, or legally do, what needs to be done. When in the 1980's courts ruled we had to release all the mental health patients that were locked in asylums, institutes whatever you call them it all changed. You cannot force people to take meds, and they have the same rights you or I have.

Like I stated above, I don't know what the answer is. I realize that you can't force people to take meds. Maybe something can be done to make more options for people to get help or better ways of educating people about mental health, I don't know. In my opinion taking guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens isn't going to help though.

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Jarhead620] #6847293
04/18/20 09:59 PM
04/18/20 09:59 PM
Washington
C
cat daddy Offline
trapper
cat daddy  Offline
trapper
C

Washington
Originally Posted by Jarhead620
I have 16 grandkids and I worry about them every day they are in school. Armed guards may be needed. Former Marines could get it done. Doing nothing is not the answer.

Jarhead

When is tour next Biden rally?

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Jarhead620] #6847298
04/18/20 10:05 PM
04/18/20 10:05 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Except for the nonsensical and ineffective ban on "assault weapons " I would consider the other mentioned restrictions to the extent that they would effectively reduce the unacceptable level of mass shootings in our country. Some have less efficacy than others. I'm sick of the carnage.

Jarhead

wow

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847427
04/19/20 03:24 AM
04/19/20 03:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We dont need to "arm" teachers. Many teachers are already armed. So are students. End gun free zones is a start. Go back to what worked when mass shootings were a lot rarer.

Special Ed. Not I.E.P. Kids with learning problems need their own schools again.

Mentally ill people should get committed. Not left to be homeless. Not left with family members. Mental hospitals were small thriving communities. They had produce farms, dairies and meat production. Mental hospitals were pretty self sufficient. People who were able to all had jobs. They were not left in a city alley to sleep under a bridge and eat from dumpsters.

Thieves went to jail. Steal gas go to jail. Try to get people to donate to a phony police officer organization? Go to jail. When law enforcement refuses to do what they are hired to do ( arrest people for driving off with gas for example) there is a bad problem.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847439
04/19/20 05:17 AM
04/19/20 05:17 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
nice,Danny.

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Jarhead620] #6847461
04/19/20 06:42 AM
04/19/20 06:42 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Except for the nonsensical and ineffective ban on "assault weapons " I would consider the other mentioned restrictions to the extent that they would effectively reduce the unacceptable level of mass shootings in our country. Some have less efficacy than others. I'm sick of the carnage.

Jarhead

So your ok with someone calling the police and saying you are a danger just because you have guns when that person simply doesn't like you for whatever reason,lied about you,or whatever and the police come to your house and seize your guns?So even thru you have done nothing wrong you loose your guns?

Nevada bound
Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847484
04/19/20 07:18 AM
04/19/20 07:18 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Or how about when somebody doesnt like it that somebody living in a camper on a rural property along with several old outbuildings, a couple mobile homes and a main house in need of repair. several diferent people living in the various abodes. Neighbor can not accept the idea that free people have a right to live however they want. The county says they are not violating any zoning ordinances or the neighbor thinks they are too slow to enforce cleanup or maintenance regs. So the neighbor starts calling the sheriff. Lots of people in and out of the compound at all hours of the day and night.. (compound is nosy neighbor guys new descriptive word. he watches a lot of TV) Foul chemical smells are coming from there. They are out shooting assault weapons regularly. So the local assault team gets a no knock warrant. Raid the place at 3 a.m. Luckily nobody gets killed. No drugs are found but a lot of damage to property is done and the two grade school kids that live there now have PTSD.

The nosy neighbor NEVER gets a court order to reimburse for damages, they get NO criminal charges. The kids go undiagnosed, Hating and fearing law enforcement the rest of their lives. Law enforcement is not required to pay for damages and the property owner who didnt have any money to start with has to figure out how to do cheap repairs himself.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847579
04/19/20 09:35 AM
04/19/20 09:35 AM
Sugar Grove, WV
J
JTfromWV Offline
trapper
JTfromWV  Offline
trapper
J

Sugar Grove, WV
Larry is another " any democrat with a pulse" voter. You will never change his mind.

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847584
04/19/20 09:36 AM
04/19/20 09:36 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Truth

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847591
04/19/20 09:43 AM
04/19/20 09:43 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
I think it's pretty obvious Jarhead doesn't understand the importance of 2A or comprehend it's purpose. He is one of those Americans that are perfectly fine with the left chipping away at our freedoms for the sake of "safety" which in reality is false security.

He is complacent and comfortable with his life and, as long as none of these unconstitutional infringements personally affect him, he is okay with it. He is one of those folks that, even if ordered to turn in certain guns, would comply and rationalize.

He is the perfect example of why these types of laws get passed and will likely remain for many years if they are ever rescinded.

He and folks like him are the reason America is losing it's freedom.

Eh...wot?

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: danny clifton] #6847594
04/19/20 09:46 AM
04/19/20 09:46 AM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Or how about when somebody doesnt like it that somebody living in a camper on a rural property along with several old outbuildings, a couple mobile homes and a main house in need of repair. several diferent people living in the various abodes. Neighbor can not accept the idea that free people have a right to live however they want. The county says they are not violating any zoning ordinances or the neighbor thinks they are too slow to enforce cleanup or maintenance regs. So the neighbor starts calling the sheriff. Lots of people in and out of the compound at all hours of the day and night.. (compound is nosy neighbor guys new descriptive word. he watches a lot of TV) Foul chemical smells are coming from there. They are out shooting assault weapons regularly. So the local assault team gets a no knock warrant. Raid the place at 3 a.m. Luckily nobody gets killed. No drugs are found but a lot of damage to property is done and the two grade school kids that live there now have PTSD.

The nosy neighbor NEVER gets a court order to reimburse for damages, they get NO criminal charges. The kids go undiagnosed, Hating and fearing law enforcement the rest of their lives. Law enforcement is not required to pay for damages and the property owner who didnt have any money to start with has to figure out how to do cheap repairs himself.

Bad situation, and too common. I'd add that those folks most likely aren't living that way because they want to, or as a manifestation of their ideals of freedom. Sounds like poverty, lack of education and opportunity. Along with a little nearby gentrification in the form of new neighbors moving into a rural area with city money and a lot of ideas about what their new community should look like.

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847600
04/19/20 09:54 AM
04/19/20 09:54 AM
N.W. Pennsylvania
JTaddeo Offline
trapper
JTaddeo  Offline
trapper

N.W. Pennsylvania
I've heard the CCP and the NYCCP are looking for good little citizens to turn their fellows in by taking pictures with their new Chinese Smart Phones.....you know, to help make the world a safer place.

Hurry, you'll get more good citizen points and a bunch of "likes" on your Facebook pages......... (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) Chuck????? Are we still in America or am I dreaming bad dreams again???????

Oh that's right, it's a contact tracking program to be used ONLY to save you from the Wu-Flu........comrade!

SMH......it's NOT paranoia when they're actually dismantling your Constitution....but you already know that.....

I can't believe I was able to type that without swearing.....actually I am swearing and have to edit it out!

Keep your boots dry and your powder too.

I remember when a fur check was reality.....now I'm just trapping for the love of it.

Best Regards,

JT
Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847604
04/19/20 09:56 AM
04/19/20 09:56 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
My wife has worked in hospitals for the mentally ill for many years. Here in PA the state government has been quietly shutting them down for years. At this point the state is moving dangerous, violent, criminally insane patients from a facility designed to securely house them to her location which is not equipped to handle them.

Her facility was already a fairly dangerous place with staff being routinely attacked by patients. Current laws prevent staff from striking back, they push a panic button and have to wait for additional staff to arrive in enough numbers to restrain the attacking patient. Striking a patient attacking you will result in your termination. She is very concerned about the new arrivals.

She tells me about the large number of violent patients released over the years. Especially when they closed the Allentown facility. Most of those patients were simply released, very few were transferred to another facility.

Pennsylvania has one of the largest congresses in the Country and one of the biggest budgets at around 78 billion. We spend billions on useless crap but cut funding to mental health.

But guns are the problem...yeah...sure.

Eh...wot?

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Jarhead620] #6847612
04/19/20 10:10 AM
04/19/20 10:10 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
I Armed guards may be needed. Former Marines could get it done.

Jarhead

Not ones with your"I have no problem with gun control laws" attitude.Unreal.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Lugnut] #6847614
04/19/20 10:11 AM
04/19/20 10:11 AM
N.W. Pennsylvania
JTaddeo Offline
trapper
JTaddeo  Offline
trapper

N.W. Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Lugnut
My wife has worked in hospitals for the mentally ill for many years. Here in PA the state government has been quietly shutting them down for years. At this point the state is moving dangerous, violent, criminally insane patients from a facility designed to securely house them to her location which is not equipped to handle them.

Her facility was already a fairly dangerous place with staff being routinely attacked by patients. Current laws prevent staff from striking back, they push a panic button and have to wait for additional staff to arrive in enough numbers to restrain the attacking patient. Striking a patient attacking you will result in your termination. She is very concerned about the new arrivals.

She tells me about the large number of violent patients released over the years. Especially when they closed the Allentown facility. most of those patients were simply released, very few were transferred to another facility.

Pennsylvania has one of the largest congresses in the Country and one of the biggest budgets at around 78 billion. We spend billions on useless crap but cut funding to mental health.

But guns are the problem...yeah...sure.

I was living in town, Ambridge in fact which is now pretty much a cesspool, when they closed Dixmont State Hospital. They got off the bus in front of the house I was renting at the time. Never seen anything like that before. I moved away from there within a month and I'm still trying to get even farther away from the small town I live near now. Yeah I won't being working at a place that say's I can't defend myself. I'm sorry she, and you, has to deal with that crap!

Keep your boots dry and your powder too.

I remember when a fur check was reality.....now I'm just trapping for the love of it.

Best Regards,

JT
Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847640
04/19/20 10:54 AM
04/19/20 10:54 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Well it appears Jarhead is under attack, :), but I'm unsure if I've read any solutions to what must be an underlying issue at the heart of something such as gun violence in schools. It is obvious that gun control measures will not work in the eyes of many, I can live with that thought, but what exactly is the underlying cause for your unique problem of school shootings? This particular area is of interest to me as I send two teenage kids to high school and never consider gun violence as something that makes me concerned for their safety. I also am a teacher and I know that there have been 2 school shootings in our country since the year 2000. Yes, I am aware that we have gun control laws that you guys definitely would not like, but if they do not factor into something like school shootings, then what is it that is to blame for so much despair?

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: rvsask] #6847654
04/19/20 11:11 AM
04/19/20 11:11 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by rvsask
Well it appears Jarhead is under attack, :), but I'm unsure if I've read any solutions to what must be an underlying issue at the heart of something such as gun violence in schools. It is obvious that gun control measures will not work in the eyes of many, I can live with that thought, but what exactly is the underlying cause for your unique problem of school shootings? This particular area is of interest to me as I send two teenage kids to high school and never consider gun violence as something that makes me concerned for their safety. I also am a teacher and I know that there have been 2 school shootings in our country since the year 2000. Yes, I am aware that we have gun control laws that you guys definitely would not like, but if they do not factor into something like school shootings, then what is it that is to blame for so much despair?

Liberals and Progressives policies and their way of thinking.

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6847665
04/19/20 11:22 AM
04/19/20 11:22 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan

Thanks for the deep reflection.

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: rvsask] #6847745
04/19/20 12:52 PM
04/19/20 12:52 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID

Thanks for the deep reflection.

Thank you

Re: A Trump tweet I like! [Re: rvsask] #6847755
04/19/20 01:01 PM
04/19/20 01:01 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI

A culture of division, intolerance, isolation, toxic masculinity and the aimlessness of modern life. These acts are a form of suicide of the most desperate sort. The perpetrator is trying their best to destroy a reality they feel they ha e no place in.

To solve the problem of mass violence in America we have to dig out its roots, in the ugly decayed heart of an increasingly heartless nation. I don't see that happening soon given the current climate.

Last edited by Coös; 04/19/20 01:02 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread