No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Colorado at it again [Re: white marlin] #6856010
04/26/20 07:35 PM
04/26/20 07:35 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by tomahawker
Hunters and fishermen better wake up in Colorado. There is no end game with the anti’s. They’ll never say, whew we go it done, it’s over. They want it all. What’s all?...yours, mine, our freedom.

many trappers (right here on T-Man) better wise up before it's too late. Many guys (right HERE) will vote for candidates who will take away our rights.

This is the problem.

Re: Colorado at it again [Re: Rat Masterson] #6856021
04/26/20 07:44 PM
04/26/20 07:44 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Coming soon to a state near you.

Amen
If anybody thinks this can not happen in your state you sit up and TAKE NOTICE

Kenneth schoening
Re: Colorado at it again [Re: rpmartin] #6856032
04/26/20 07:53 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
When Colorado banned trapping thru referendum the response from the Dept.of Wildlife was terrible.Peta was proud,I'm sure.The director at the time wrote a open letter to "The Trapper"magazine that basically said,tough,get used to it.There was talk of boycotts that went nowhere,if it came to a decision between supporting trapping and getting an easy elk tag hunters chose the elk tags.I remember looking at different hunting magazines after the vote and it wasn't even mentioned,but the wonders of Colorado elk hunting sure was.So much for solidarity.Trappers and hunters who had no problem with banned public land trapping are now faced with doing away with predator hunts and cages.I find it hard to feel sorry for them.

Last edited by Buck (Zandra); 04/26/20 07:55 PM. Reason: correction

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Colorado at it again [Re: rpmartin] #6856033
CO
B
BG10 Offline
trapper
BG10  Offline
trapper
B

CO
I moved to Colorado from Texas a little over a year ago. Wife and I both took promotions with significant pay raises, I stayed with my company while she switched. I will say the Colorado natives are pretty cool, they get it. But this is without question the most commie state I've ever stepped foot in, and this is certainly a temporary move for us. The influx of Californians in our neighborhood has been insane, the political red tape is insane, and how things are being voted around here is also insane. Certainly don't group everyone together, but when asked why they also moved to Colorado, the answer is because California sucks. But they vote and act the exact same way.

Long story short, if you truly consider yourselves an outdoorsman, I don't see how you can vote blue. Those are the same people trying to take your rights away at every turn. Nutjobs out screaming "fish and trees have feelings too."... so out of touch with reality it really is beyond comprehension.

But make no mistake, they'll be headed everywhere else too. Annihilate one state at a time to grow their agendas. I used to assume common sense was pretty standard. I'm the idiot for assuming that.

Re: Colorado at it again [Re: rpmartin] #6856034
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Walleye 101
You are correct

Kenneth schoening
Re: Colorado at it again [Re: rpmartin] #6856200
04/26/20 10:22 PM
04/26/20 10:22 PM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
We will once again handle this with or without help. And the chips will fall where they may. And we will do it for residents and non residents alike.

The new political landscape is totally different now than it was 2 years ago. Agendas and posturing change daily at warp speed. We live in way different times now.

This is FACT. No state at the present moment is immune from this movement. It isn't about the trapping or the hunting, but everything about not wanting any of them killed. Doesnt matter the number 1 or 10,000, any is too many.

Been in this business along time defending trapping in this State. There will be people who help, people who will not, and people that tell you how to do things. The ones who help will make the difference. The others are probably better sitting on the sidelines coaching, thats a super good job for them. We know for sure they wont screw a good effort up. Your either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Dont get butt hurt, thats just the facts of life fellas.

Colorado Search and Rescue- Interfering with natural selection since 1976
Re: Colorado at it again [Re: Monster Toms] #6856213
04/26/20 10:30 PM
04/26/20 10:30 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Monster Toms
This is the way life will be for most states. Every session will be inundated with these petitions, all states need to be on the ready. What needs done are emails sent from all sportsmen, stating the need to have these tools available and legal for capture of damage causing wildlife as well as sick wildlife. Management tools being outlawed will do no one any good. Below is a link for this to be done. PLEASE be polite and tactful when composing e mails. Simple facts will out do name calling. Thanks Todd

dnr_cpwcommission@state.co.us

Will do and I’ve been putting off joining your state association. Great reason to send some money. Take care and good luck.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Colorado at it again [Re: rpmartin] #6856221
04/26/20 10:34 PM
04/26/20 10:34 PM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
My mailman is a liberal, he said they only want to take ar15 away, i told him thats where they would begin, hes brainwashed.
Haven't noticed you on lately rick, good to hear from you

Re: Colorado at it again [Re: coloradocat] #6856226
04/26/20 10:42 PM
04/26/20 10:42 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Originally Posted by coloradocat
We will once again handle this with or without help. And the chips will fall where they may. And we will do it for residents and non residents alike.

The new political landscape is totally different now than it was 2 years ago. Agendas and posturing change daily at warp speed. We live in way different times now.

This is FACT. No state at the present moment is immune from this movement. It isn't about the trapping or the hunting, but everything about not wanting any of them killed. Doesnt matter the number 1 or 10,000, any is too many.

Been in this business along time defending trapping in this State. There will be people who help, people who will not, and people that tell you how to do things. The ones who help will make the difference. The others are probably better sitting on the sidelines coaching, thats a super good job for them. We know for sure they wont screw a good effort up. Your either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Dont get butt hurt, thats just the facts of life fellas.
.....is there a link where we can join the state assoc?

Re: Colorado at it again [Re: rpmartin] #6856252
04/26/20 11:02 PM
04/26/20 11:02 PM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

The great cage state Colorado
www.coloradotrapper.com

And thank you to all that choose to help!!

Re: Colorado at it again [Re: rpmartin] #6856598
04/27/20 11:57 AM
04/27/20 11:57 AM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Todd provided the contact info for Colorado's Wildlife Commission back toward the beginning of this thread. Letters to individual Wildlife Commissioners need to be addressed now to provide input for the virtual meeting held later this week.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread