No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anyone know how to contact Amazon? #6858639
04/29/20 07:30 PM
04/29/20 07:30 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I recently bought half a dozen spinning rods from Amazon. These were cheap rods, which I'd planned to give to my son, who keeps breaking mine. Four of them arrived defective. Two rods were broken, one had the wrong extra tip, and the last was a one-piece rod that was supposed to be two-piece. (What use would I have for a seven-foot rod? I don't have that much space in the back end of my SUV.)

By the way, I don't recommend buying fishing rods from Amazon. They just throw them in a long box, with no padding or protection.

Anyhow, Amazon isn't answering their phone due to Covid. I managed to figure out their website returns, and a UPS pickup was scheduled for yesterday. But UPS never showed up. So today I called to schedule a new pickup... and was told I had to pay for it!

I explained. I argued about it, said the pickup person had never knocked or rang our doorbell, and the guy told me to contact Amazon. Then he hung up on me.

Amazon's website gives no option I can find to address my problem. They won't let me start a new return, and there's no way to give feedback on a pending return. If anyone can tell me how to contact Amazon over an issue like mine, I'll be in your debt.

And before anyone starts, I know, I know: I never should have bought from Amazon. Right now, I'm fed up with both Amazon and UPS.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858648
04/29/20 07:36 PM
04/29/20 07:36 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by James
I recently bought half a dozen spinning rods from Amazon. These were cheap rods, which I'd planned to give to my son, who keeps breaking mine. Four of them arrived defective. Two rods were broken, one had the wrong extra tip, and the last was a one-piece rod that was supposed to be two-piece. (What use would I have for a seven-foot rod? I don't have that much space in the back end of my SUV.)

By the way, I don't recommend buying fishing rods from Amazon. They just throw them in a long box, with no padding or protection.

Anyhow, Amazon isn't answering their phone due to Covid. I managed to figure out their website returns, and a UPS pickup was scheduled for yesterday. But UPS never showed up. So today I called to schedule a new pickup... and was told I had to pay for it!

I explained. I argued about it, said the pickup person had never knocked or rang our doorbell, and the guy told me to contact Amazon. Then he hung up on me.

Amazon's website gives no option I can find to address my problem. They won't let me start a new return, and there's no way to give feedback on a pending return. If anyone can tell me how to contact Amazon over an issue like mine, I'll be in your debt.

And before anyone starts, I know, I know: I never should have bought from Amazon. Right now, I'm fed up with both Amazon and UPS.

Jim

Jeff Bezos ain't your buddy, Jimmy !!!!

Should have patronized a LOCAL Mom N' Pop Tackle Shop instead that commie outfit.

You mean you couldn't find a fishin' rod in downtown Soldotna ?

GEEZE !!!!

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858653
04/29/20 07:38 PM
04/29/20 07:38 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I've only ever had to return something to Amazon once. When I initiated the return, I got a QR code and took the package to a UPS where they scanned the QR code and took the package.

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858655
04/29/20 07:39 PM
04/29/20 07:39 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Anchorage has plenty of stores that cater to the outdoor minded folks. Ordering off Amazon was a serious lack of judgement.

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858668
04/29/20 07:45 PM
04/29/20 07:45 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Was it shipped and sold by Amazon, or was it through a 3rd party seller on Amazon ?

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858708
04/29/20 08:17 PM
04/29/20 08:17 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline
trapper
slydogx  Offline
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
You're definitely better to bring it to a UPS store or post office. When I printed out the return paperwork provided by Amazon it indicated postage paid so the clerk just scanned it and tossed it in the outgoing pile.
O think in the US you can bring returns to a Kohl's store if you have one nearby

Just happy to be here.
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858710
04/29/20 08:20 PM
04/29/20 08:20 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858743
04/29/20 08:41 PM
04/29/20 08:41 PM
eastern washington
B
BillyTraps Offline
trapper
BillyTraps  Offline
trapper
B

eastern washington
Call Amazon anytime, 24/7, at 1(888) 280-4331.

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858750
04/29/20 08:44 PM
04/29/20 08:44 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Well, I finally found a way to reach Amazon by chat, but boy, was it a convoluted process. Canvasback, I think all items came from Amazon directly.

I'd have bought from a local merchant, but I'm still laid up from ankle surgery.

Amazon told me just to keep the items. Anyone want to come pick up a seven-foot spinning rod?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858752
04/29/20 08:45 PM
04/29/20 08:45 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
BillyTraps, try that number and see if they answer.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: walleyed] #6858768
04/29/20 08:58 PM
04/29/20 08:58 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by walleyed

Jim

Jeff Bezos ain't your buddy, Jimmy !!!!

Should have patronized a LOCAL Mom N' Pop Tackle Shop instead that commie outfit.

You mean you couldn't find a fishin' rod in downtown Soldotna ?

GEEZE !!!!

w

^^^^^^ this ^^^^

No Jab.
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858771
04/29/20 09:01 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Well, I finally found a way to reach Amazon by chat, but boy, was it a convoluted process. Canvasback, I think all items came from Amazon directly.

I'd have bought from a local merchant, but I'm still laid up from ankle surgery.

Amazon told me just to keep the items. Anyone want to come pick up a seven-foot spinning rod?

Jim

Is it made in China? If so, no.

No Jab.
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858773
S.E. Ohio
M
M.Magis Offline
trapper
M.Magis  Offline
trapper
M

S.E. Ohio
A large percentage of Amazon items are from mom and pop shops. The ones smart enough to sell online.

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858777
04/29/20 09:06 PM
04/29/20 09:06 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Yes, the seven-foot rod is China-made, I'm sure. Even Fenwick rods are now made in China, I think.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858804
04/29/20 09:32 PM
04/29/20 09:32 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
I recently bought half a dozen spinning rods from Amazon. These were cheap rods, which I'd planned to give to my son,

Jim

Wow.Buy yer kid a decent fishing outfit AND teach him how to use it.You too busy teaching illegal aliens how to bilk our system still? Dip Stick Jimmy.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858874
04/29/20 11:07 PM
04/29/20 11:07 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

Jim

you have to do a complaint through your account explain it all in writing then in a few days you get a email message back and communicate with the rep via the email.

when your logged in , go to orders then find the item and click problem with order and then tell them what is happening.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 04/29/20 11:09 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858887
04/29/20 11:24 PM
04/29/20 11:24 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I bought a few hundred dollars worth of camp gear that I had "mailed" to Pilot Point Alaska. I specifically had it sent by USPS because UPS doesn't deliver there.
The stuff never arrived even though Amazon insisted it had. They were very agreeable to replace the order, this time it did come by USPS.
A week or so later I happened to be taking to a local about the incident. He said, "oh, I found that stuff out on the tarmac and threw it in an old conex by my house".
I retrieved the stuff and called Amazon to see what they wanted me to do with the extra stuff; they said keep it.
I don't know how they make money. I think their plan must be to operate at a loss until they drive everybody else out of business, then they will really put the screws to us.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: waggler] #6858924
04/30/20 02:17 AM
04/30/20 02:17 AM
Southeast, AK
R
rosscoak Offline
trapper
rosscoak  Offline
trapper
R

Southeast, AK
Never support that Chicom outfit. ...sure it's convenient, but you are also supporting and funding anti American dirtbags...soros, pelosi, dnc.

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: rosscoak] #6858926
04/30/20 02:44 AM
04/30/20 02:44 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by waggler
I called Amazon to see what they wanted me to do with the extra stuff; they said keep it.
I don't know how they make money. I think their plan must be to operate at a loss until they drive everybody else out of business, then they will really put the screws to us.

That's is very generous of amazon. Do you know who pays for that ? The seller. Not amazon

Originally Posted by rosscoak
Never support that Chicom outfit. ...sure it's convenient, but you are also supporting and funding anti American dirtbags...soros, pelosi, dnc.

I agree Bezos is a POS. But alot of American Dirt bags sell on there too.

I use them all the time. I look for American sellers . Most are Mom and Pop operators that are smart. I can get things shipped in I could only dream about 10 years ago. You guys shopping at the big box stores are supporting the Chicoms anyway..

Re: Anyone know how to contact Amazon? [Re: James] #6858953
04/30/20 06:08 AM
04/30/20 06:08 AM
Maine
S
SleekOtter Offline
trapper
SleekOtter  Offline
trapper
S

Maine
You say your son keeps breaking your fishing rods and when Amazon sends you the rods pre-broken you still throw a fit? Some people will never be happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread