No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: Getting There] #6868039
05/09/20 07:57 PM
05/09/20 07:57 PM
WISCONSIN
W
Wild_WI Offline
trapper
Wild_WI  Offline
trapper
W

WISCONSIN
Because I'm not afraid to shoot first

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868040
05/09/20 07:58 PM
05/09/20 07:58 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Why should I have to pay over $200.00 dollars to get a concealed carry permit? I can carry open free and take it anyplace you can carry concealed.
No back ground check or finger printing.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: Getting There] #6868054
05/09/20 08:10 PM
05/09/20 08:10 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Getting There
Originally Posted by Lugnut
I agree with you up to a point. Unless I’m hunting or trapping my handgun is concealed. I really don’t understand the reason to open carry in public. For me, there is no good reason. But, the constitution says we have the right to do it so anybody that wants to should be able to.

I don’t particularly want anybody knowing I’m armed. And that includes LEO. I’ve been pulled over three or four times in the last 20–30 years and was armed each time. Cop didn’t ask and I didn’t tell. In my opinion, that’s the way it should be.

I agree that people open carrying ARs or any other weapon really in Walmarts and other public places are really not doing us any favors as gun owners. But again, their right to do so.

They have the freedom and the constitutional rights to act like idiots if they want to.

In Michigan you have to tell LEO you have a weapon in your possession when stopped

In Pennsylvania, we are all my stops occurred, you do not have to inform.

Eh...wot?

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868056
05/09/20 08:14 PM
05/09/20 08:14 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by trapper234
Well I know when I made this post that it would create many responses. Of course I open carry when hunting or trapping because none of the left wingers are around. It just pisses me off when I see pictures of protesters screaming in the face of cops and they are open carry with rifles and handguns. It does not help the cause. The cops are just doing there job. I would not want anybody to know that I have a weapon until it is time to use said weapon. I opened carried for 32 years as a law enforcement officer because it was part of my job.

Well then I would have hoped you had a little more respect for the constitution that you were sworn to uphold at one time. Apparently, if you disagree with others interpretation and application of it, then you have no respect for it? Also, I must have missed the "screaming in cops faces" part. I didn't see anything but a peaceful demonstration where no one was arrested or cited. Maybe you should go sell dictionaries or something?

Last edited by Finster; 05/09/20 08:17 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: Getting There] #6868059
05/09/20 08:15 PM
05/09/20 08:15 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Why should I have to pay over $200.00 dollars to get a concealed carry permit? I can carry open free and take it anyplace you can carry concealed.

I agree, you should not have to do that. In Pennsylvania, the license cost $29 and good for five years. No fingerprinting. But, I see it as an infringement.

Eh...wot?

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868071
05/09/20 08:28 PM
05/09/20 08:28 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
I am a big 2A supporter but I am against open carry. It should be concealed. Why in the world would you want to open carry anyway. The bad guy see's your carrying and has a weapon and gets the jump on you and takes your weapon. These idiots protesting and open carrying firearms gives the 2A a bad reputation in my book. I guess they think they are tough guys by open carry. All it does is cause the anti gun people to flip out and may cause a disturbance. I just don't understand why you would want to open carry. Give me a reason.

So Pleasant Prairie has lots of bad guys ready to get the jump on you to take your gun, instead of taking their gun and just shooting you? It appears you have bad guys that are suicidal in Wisconsin in running up and taking guns from armed people, who you indicate are zombies, and never would recognize a bad guy focused on their weapon.

I have a suggestion, instead of a reason. How about all of us make this President keep his MAGA word and restore to us Constitutional Carry which means you can carry open, concealed or bounce it around in your vehicle without licenses. That solves every problem, except people being idiots and that includes the money grabbers who saw a new way to extort money from people. Why not make cell phones open carry and if you have them concealed, you have to have a license. Lisa Page and Peter Strzok of the FBI got into all kinds of trouble with concealed cell phones.

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: Lugnut] #6868081
05/09/20 08:36 PM
05/09/20 08:36 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Lugnut

I agree, you should not have to do that. In Pennsylvania, the license cost $29 and good for five years. No fingerprinting. But, I see it as an infringement.

I paid $20 and yes, it should be free or not need any paperwork.

Delaware is $65 to apply for a CCW which is an infringement because it costs money to exercise a right.

Any person who is able to own a firearm can carry openly without anything! As it should be for everyone including concealed carry.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868087
05/09/20 08:39 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I am a big 2A supporter but I am against open carry. It should be concealed. Why in the world would you want to open carry anyway. The bad guy see's your carrying and has a weapon and gets the jump on you and takes your weapon. These idiots protesting and open carrying firearms gives the 2A a bad reputation in my book. I guess they think they are tough guys by open carry. All it does is cause the anti gun people to flip out and may cause a disturbance. I just don't understand why you would want to open carry. Give me a reason.

a right UN-exercised is a right lost!

placating to the anti's wins you nothing.

it is Very important you understand that the open carry movement did more to get you concealed carry in WI than anything else.

making open carry normal lets people realize people do carry guns if every gun is always hidden lets them think CC isn't even done.

We won the CC we got because we created the perfect storm of circumstance , legal cases , law suits , the state was on it's heals and the very low cost , low training , fairly simple CC legislation was how the could feel like the state was still in control.

If you are Pro 1A you don't say hey but you can't Practice your religion that way! As long as no one is getting hurt or their rights violated it is a legitimate exercise of their religion as protected by the First.

If you are really Pro 2A then you can't really attach a dozen criteria to how they practice their Right or you are no different than telling the baptists they are wrong for how they worship , that they aren't doing it right.

as long as it is done safely , no one gets hurt and no one's rights are violated it is a valid exercise of that persons right.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 05/09/20 08:48 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868088
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
We don't need a permit to carry, open or concealed, here in AK. But if you encounter an LEO, you must inform them you're carrying.

I think we have the right to open carry, I don't do it myself because it gives a tactical advantage to bad guys and is likely to make non-gun-owners nervous. And their nervousness may be remembered at the ballot box, when gun issues are on the table.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868090
05/09/20 08:40 PM
05/09/20 08:40 PM
pennsylvania
R
rick brocious Offline
trapper
rick brocious  Offline
trapper
R

pennsylvania
How can anybody support the second but think open carry is wrong ? Don't make since .

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868091
05/09/20 08:42 PM
05/09/20 08:42 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
If you're talking about me, where did I say it's wrong?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868099
05/09/20 08:46 PM
pennsylvania
R
rick brocious Offline
trapper
rick brocious  Offline
trapper
R

pennsylvania
No wasn't referring to you James . I actually some what agreed with what you said .

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: James] #6868100
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by James
If you're talking about me, where did I say it's wrong?

Jim

I don’t think he was referencing you James.

I do disagree that open carry is a “tactical” disadvantage, if it were, why do the police open carry? Because, it is the most efficient way to carry and be able to meet a threat with a defensive weapon, that is why...

Also, I don’t worry about making people nervous, they will see enough people carry and finally understand, maybe, that an inanimate object on someone’s hip is just a tool and nothing more. Maybe, they will decide to also take their safety in their own hands and not rely on the police who are 5-15 minutes away.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6868101
05/09/20 08:48 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
I'm waiting for a dos equis beer man meme. "!I don't always open carry, but when I do..........."

Also, for a forum full of trappers, hunters, outdoorsman, I can't believe we have such a divide here and how many are against anything when it comes to legal gun rights at all.. you guys against it fail to see the big picture. The big picture is more important than your opinion or your feelings.

We all have different ideas about what the big picture is and how best to serve it. And we are all a blend of wisdom and folly. There isn't a divide, many of us simply disagree on all kinds of stuff. There is no cut and dry answer.

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868103
Mt.Iron MN
K
Ken Mclellan Offline
trapper
Ken Mclellan  Offline
trapper
K

Mt.Iron MN
People that display their weapon in stores and restaurants put me on edge and I don’t like it. I think they are all members of numb nuts are us. Out of sight out of mind.

Time and tide wait for no man
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868107
05/09/20 08:50 PM
05/09/20 08:50 PM
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
trapper234 Offline OP
trapper
trapper234  Offline OP
trapper

Well then I would have hoped you had a little more respect for the constitution that you were sworn to uphold at one time. Apparently, if you disagree with others interpretation and application of it, then you have no respect for it? Also, I must have missed the "screaming in cops faces" part. I didn't see anything but a peaceful demonstration where no one was arrested or cited. Maybe you should go sell dictionaries or something?

Finster... You don't know me at all and your comments are stupid. [Linked Image]

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: Ken Mclellan] #6868108
05/09/20 08:51 PM
trapper234 Offline OP
trapper
trapper234  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted by Ken Mclellan
People that display their weapon in stores and restaurants put me on edge and I don’t like it. I think they are all members of numb nuts are us. Out of sight out of mind.

X2

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: Ken Mclellan] #6868110
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska

Especially if the weapons are black. Ewwwwwwww! (shudder)

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: Ken Mclellan] #6868112
05/09/20 08:52 PM
05/09/20 08:52 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Do the police make you nervous? Do you need a safe space for any other tool in a tool box? Oh, no a wrench!!!!

If a person is open carrying a firearm they are likely a law abiding person who is just carrying a firearm for their protection. Mind your own business and carry how you want and let them carry how they want.

Carry concealed, if it makes you happy....

But, please, everyone carry a firearm. An armed society is a polite society....

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Why Open Carry! [Re: trapper234] #6868113
05/09/20 08:53 PM
05/09/20 08:53 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Finster... You don't know me at all and your comments are stupid. [Linked Image]

No law against being dumb

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread