No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Schools not opening till after first of year #6870545
05/12/20 05:52 PM
05/12/20 05:52 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline OP
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline OP
Y

Marion Kansas
friend of mine in SW Kansas just texted that schools out there are making plans to not open back up till after first of next year. Does no one look at the hospitalization rates or the death rates of what is really happening. From the people I've talked to that have first hand experience with this virus it doesn't look like it's turned out any worse than the flu. This is going to become the new normal.... i guess someone finally found a way to take away our freedoms and destroy this country...

Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Yes sir] #6870554
05/12/20 06:02 PM
05/12/20 06:02 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
I don’t think anyone in the state knows anything for sure yet about the upcoming school year. Our school district will have a limited summer school and they are planning to have the kids at school.My two kids work at the school here and my son in law is a principle at another school so I hear a lot of the school business.

Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Yes sir] #6870556
05/12/20 06:03 PM
05/12/20 06:03 PM
Nebraska
H
hunter88 Offline
Government Troll
hunter88  Offline
Government Troll
H

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Yes sir
friend of mine in SW Kansas just texted that schools out there are making plans to not open back up till after first of next year. Does no one look at the hospitalization rates or the death rates of what is really happening. From the people I've talked to that have first hand experience with this virus it doesn't look like it's turned out any worse than the flu. This is going to become the new normal.... i guess someone finally found a way to take away our freedoms and destroy this country...

Any education system making a decision based on what's happening today is not a very good education system.

I've heard them say in Nebraska they want to see what happens in other countries that are starting to go back to school so they can see how things work out for them. Also right now they feel school will start in the fall, but there may be some changes, and they may leave it to each school district.

We still have 27 counties that have no cases, and 10 more with only 1 case. It would make no sense for schools not open in the fall if those numbers stay close to the same, so making decisions this early would make no sense.

By the way starting June 1st sports are opening up to the point that baseball and softball practices can start with restrictions, and games can start June 18th.

Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Yes sir] #6870579
05/12/20 06:54 PM
05/12/20 06:54 PM
Northwest Kansas
O
obaro Offline
trapper
obaro  Offline
trapper
O

Northwest Kansas
Interesting......there have been no confirmed cases in the county I live in nor in several counties close to us. There have been a FEW cases in some counties close to or adjacent to us, but I'm not sure how many. IF schools are shut down here for that long it will not go over well with the locals for sure. In SW KS where all the packing houses are and some of the ethnic groups have 15 people living together in a single wide trailer house I could see it being a different story.

Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Yes sir] #6870617
05/12/20 07:38 PM
05/12/20 07:38 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
I work for a school district. We're making plans not to open in September. That doesn't mean we think it's going to happen, we're just planning in case it does. We had no plans in place to teach kids at home for the last 3 months of the school year this year and we're still struggling. If it happens in September, we want to be more ready than we were. Just trying to get ready in case.

-Ryan
Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Yes sir] #6870633
05/12/20 07:53 PM
05/12/20 07:53 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
My twins had their senior year taken from them over all this crap. My 3rd son is going to be a senior next year and has a great chance of being a state champion in football and basketball. I pray this is fake news but thanks for the heads up. I’ll probably need prayers for the wife if it is!!! What a bunch of idiots

Last edited by Pawnee; 05/12/20 07:53 PM.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Yes sir] #6870642
05/12/20 07:57 PM
05/12/20 07:57 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Unfortunately, Kansas is governed by KC, Wichita, Lawrence, Manhattan, Salina. The small towns just do what the cities say you will do.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Gary Benson] #6870703
05/12/20 08:44 PM
05/12/20 08:44 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Unfortunately, Kansas is governed by KC, Wichita, Lawrence, Manhattan, Salina. The small towns just do what the cities say you will do.

Yep but we are getting very close to not doing what they say!

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Yes sir] #6870707
05/12/20 08:45 PM
05/12/20 08:45 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Kansas ain't alone, either! Time for a revolution.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Schools not opening till after first of year [Re: Pawnee] #6870789
05/12/20 09:29 PM
05/12/20 09:29 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline OP
Yes sir  Offline OP
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Pawnee
My twins had their senior year taken from them over all this crap. My 3rd son is going to be a senior next year and has a great chance of being a state champion in football and basketball. I pray this is fake news but thanks for the heads up. I’ll probably need prayers for the wife if it is!!! What a bunch of idiots

My friend is from Ulysses and he stays on top of what's going on so don't think its fake news but hopefully its just them preparing for the worst.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread