No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6872269
05/14/20 12:00 PM
05/14/20 12:00 PM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,761
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,761
Beatrice, NE
I agree. He made a decision that those kids lives weren't so very important, and that he didn't need to do what he signed up to do.

Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6872270
05/14/20 12:00 PM
05/14/20 12:00 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,241
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Online content
trapper
The Beav  Online Content
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,241
Wisconsin
I'm a Marine I was trained to take orders. I never served In combat but I feel that when I was ordered to go up that hill I would have gone. But I will never know.
You can train and be trained for every situation that might occur but until It happens you don't know what your going to do or how you will act. It's easy to sit back and be a Monday night quarter back.


The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: The Beav] #6872278
05/14/20 12:06 PM
05/14/20 12:06 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 9,073
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 9,073
Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by The Beav
I'm not defending the cop but since none of us have ever faced a situation like this you don't know how you would react. Sure we can all be computer tough but you never know until the lead starts to fly.


Whether you're a cop, a truck driver, or a grocery store clerk, you have a duty to do your job. If a grocery clerk decides not to do their job and ring people up they have the right to not do so. They can find another job. If the cop found out that he was too scared to even attempt to save those kids, then fine, but he at the very least should have considered that moment to be his resignation, NOT fight to get his job back for crying out loud. He's already proved he's incapable of doing it.

Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: yotetrapper30] #6872292
05/14/20 12:24 PM
05/14/20 12:24 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,034
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,034
east central WI
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by The Beav
I'm not defending the cop but since none of us have ever faced a situation like this you don't know how you would react. Sure we can all be computer tough but you never know until the lead starts to fly.


Whether you're a cop, a truck driver, or a grocery store clerk, you have a duty to do your job. If a grocery clerk decides not to do their job and ring people up they have the right to not do so. They can find another job. If the cop found out that he was too scared to even attempt to save those kids, then fine, but he at the very least should have considered that moment to be his resignation, NOT fight to get his job back for crying out loud. He's already proved he's incapable of doing it.


X2

Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6872299
05/14/20 12:39 PM
05/14/20 12:39 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,807
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,807
KY.usa
A lot of words come to mind that I can't put on here. He is being paid for letting children die this world has gone mad.

Last edited by rex123; 05/14/20 01:14 PM.
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6872324
05/14/20 01:10 PM
05/14/20 01:10 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,241
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Online content
trapper
The Beav  Online Content
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,241
Wisconsin
All I can say Is I hope none of us are ever put in that type of situation.


The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: The Beav] #6872339
05/14/20 01:38 PM
05/14/20 01:38 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 48
E.C.Iowa
Z
Zookeeper Offline
trapper
Zookeeper  Offline
trapper
Z

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 48
E.C.Iowa
Some of us have, and afterwards we shake like a leaf, and thank God for another day. And that makes me even more repulsed by this story.

Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6872379
05/14/20 02:20 PM
05/14/20 02:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 455
West Michigan
motorcop1 Offline
trapper
motorcop1  Offline
trapper

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 455
West Michigan
Coward


Member NTA
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6873065
05/15/20 10:08 AM
05/15/20 10:08 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,690
MN >>>
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,690
MN >>>
Originally Posted by danny clifton
while a school got shot up in FL? Ö.
This ain't the same guy!! The guy we are thinking of is Scott Peterson. This guy is his boss, just as chicken, but not the guy assigned to the school.

Peterson ain't getting nothin' back. He was charged with a bunch of felonies on top of being canned.


Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6873078
05/15/20 10:29 AM
05/15/20 10:29 AM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 555
Alaska
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 555
Alaska
You dumb rednecks don't need firearms. We have the police! (Except when one chickens out.) lol


Give an illegal alien a fish and he eats for a day. Deport him and you never have to feed him ever again!
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6873126
05/15/20 11:32 AM
05/15/20 11:32 AM
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2,565
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2,565
SW Georgia
Curious because Iíve never seen it nor have any of my LEO friends, but where is it written that the police are supposed to jump in front of a bullet or risk their lives for an individual? Does anyone have that handbook or anything else that states that?
I realize everyone on this site would risk their lives for anyone as stated in the comments, but Iíve never seen it written anywhere in a job description that itís mandatory.

Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: T-Rex] #6873152
05/15/20 12:01 PM
05/15/20 12:01 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,626
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,626
SEPA
Originally Posted by Dragger
You dumb rednecks don't need firearms. We have the police! (Except when one chickens out.) lol

Originally Posted by T-Rex
Originally Posted by danny clifton
while a school got shot up in FL? Ö.
This ain't the same guy!! The guy we are thinking of is Scott Peterson. This guy is his boss, just as chicken, but not the guy assigned to the school.

Peterson ain't getting nothin' back. He was charged with a bunch of felonies on top of being canned.


That is correct. Scot Peterson, the guy most folks probably think this thread is about, was the school resource officer and was on scene when the shooting started. He retreated to a place of safety and hid there while seventeen students were murdered.

The guy in the article Danny linked to is Sgt. Brian Miller. He was the first officer to arrive. He got there while shots were still being fired. He also hid in a place of safety while seventeen students were murdered. He didn't even call for back up or anything else for more than ten minutes.


Eh...wot?

Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: Wanna Be] #6873154
05/15/20 12:03 PM
05/15/20 12:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,626
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,626
SEPA
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Curious because Iíve never seen it nor have any of my LEO friends, but where is it written that the police are supposed to jump in front of a bullet or risk their lives for an individual? Does anyone have that handbook or anything else that states that?
I realize everyone on this site would risk their lives for anyone as stated in the comments, but Iíve never seen it written anywhere in a job description that itís mandatory.


Protect and serve must have a different meaning to you and your LEO friends than to the rest of us.


Eh...wot?

Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: Wanna Be] #6873162
05/15/20 12:08 PM
05/15/20 12:08 PM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,622
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,622
rogers city mi.
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Curious because Iíve never seen it nor have any of my LEO friends, but where is it written that the police are supposed to jump in front of a bullet or risk their lives for an individual? Does anyone have that handbook or anything else that states that?
I realize everyone on this site would risk their lives for anyone as stated in the comments, but Iíve never seen it written anywhere in a job description that itís mandatory.

Your right , No one was required to go into the Twin Towers Or go into a burning house either for that matter but they still went


olden tyred
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6873187
05/15/20 12:36 PM
05/15/20 12:36 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,241
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Online content
trapper
The Beav  Online Content
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,241
Wisconsin
You don't know what you would do until it's time to do it. You can be the baddest dude in the world on this site but you never know until It hits the fan.


The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: The Beav] #6873188
05/15/20 12:37 PM
05/15/20 12:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,034
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,034
east central WI
Originally Posted by The Beav
You don't know what you would do until it's time to do it. You can be the baddest dude in the world on this site but you never know until It hits the fan.


But when it does hit the fan, and you fail miserably in the performance of your duty, you should not get to keep your job.

Re: Remember the cop who hid, [Re: danny clifton] #6873201
05/15/20 12:55 PM
05/15/20 12:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,241
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Online content
trapper
The Beav  Online Content
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,241
Wisconsin
I would agree with that.


The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread