No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: Leftlane] #6873300
05/15/20 03:49 PM
05/15/20 03:49 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Originally Posted by Leftlane
LMFBO!

Andrew have you seen this thread?
I told you these guys are up to no good 24/7!

Just now seen it. That is a pig castrator and a pig castrator. wink
I have cut many pigs in my life, smaller is easier, but ocasionally a litter gets to that size or bigger. 75 pound pigs makes for a sporting time in the hog barn add in mama trying to kill ya for making her pigs scream and you get a really good time. laugh
I don't remember it, but have heard the story enough times to feel like I was there. Dad had let time slip without cutting a couple of litters so he called the Slyter boys to help. These young men at the time was 4 of the baddest meanest kids around. Dad said they had one heck of a time holding down them pigs to cut and wished he had gotten around to it sooner. The Slyters still talk about cutting Dads 300 pound pigs, and that took place back in the late 70s. laugh

Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6873302
05/15/20 03:53 PM
05/15/20 03:53 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
I always considered the 55 gal. barrel as important as the knife.

Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: NebrCatMan] #6873334
05/15/20 04:53 PM
05/15/20 04:53 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
maybe it is a special lesson the white girls teach to gain the respect of the locals when visiting as veterinarians.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: Bob Jameson] #6873379
05/15/20 05:54 PM
05/15/20 05:54 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
I believe her name is Loraina B. wink

I have a joke about that. There was a nun and a priest driving down the road when Loraina B. passed them in the other lane.....

Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6873417
05/15/20 06:29 PM
05/15/20 06:29 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood
LMFBO!

I have cut many pigs in my life, smaller is easier, but ocasionally a litter gets to that size or bigger. 75 pound pigs makes for a sporting time in the hog barn add in mama trying to kill ya for making her pigs scream and you get a really good time. laugh
I don't remember it, but have heard the story enough times to feel like I was there. Dad had let time slip without cutting a couple of litters so he called the Slyter boys to help. These young men at the time was 4 of the baddest meanest kids around. Dad said they had one heck of a time holding down them pigs to cut and wished he had gotten around to it sooner. The Slyters still talk about cutting Dads 300 pound pigs, and that took place back in the late 70s. laugh

Dude, the bigger you grow them the bigger the nut fry right Yessir?

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6873435
05/15/20 06:44 PM
05/15/20 06:44 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood
LMFBO!

There is a technique to cutting those big ol boars. Me and little brother weren't mean as the Slyter boys but we were pretty good sized. grin

Put a rope loop in their open mouth and cinch it down, then loop one hind leg and stretch em out between two fence posts. Me and little brother would climg on and hold em down while Pappy performed the operation. Let them heal up and get the 'stink' out of em, then sell them as butcher hogs. Did dozens of them that way, over the years.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: NebrCatMan] #6873496
05/15/20 08:09 PM
05/15/20 08:09 PM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline OP
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline OP
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
Hey chas3457 when I was little... maybe 4 or 5 or so, we would haul a load of fat hogs to the local sale Barn in Beatrice. Gosh, I loved that ole barn. The bleachers went straight up to the heavens or so it seemed. Me and my year younger brother had a hay day "mountain climbing " while dad watched the hogs sell. I learned that when mom went with us it twasn't no fun as she thought for sure we would fall and crack our skull wide open. So we always had to sit by her and behave. That sucked. Any how dad would buy just about any old boar that they just about gave away for a few pennies a pound. We would haul them home then in a few days my 2 grandpas and maybe 1 or 2 neighbors would come over and put a rope in the mouth of an old boar over his snout.... they would always back up till the rope got tight and scream. Some more ropes to the legs and put the boar down on his side then tie every leg rope to a sturdy post . My dad's dad would then go in and castrate them old stinking boars, nuts way bigger than a man's fist. Maybe some weighed 600 to 800 pounds. or more. My little brother and I would watch till them old boars started screaming real bad. We would then go hide in the corn crib farther away but still peeked at all the commotion in the pen. After them boars healed up and quit looking and stinking like a boar , dad would haul them back to the barn and double or triple his money. Then was the "good ole days" !!!!

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: NebrCatMan] #6873536
05/15/20 08:46 PM
05/15/20 08:46 PM
NE
H
harryleggs Offline
trapper
harryleggs  Offline
trapper
H

NE
I thought Bobbit got the whole thing whacked off...LOLOLLOOL!

Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: NebrCatMan] #6873544
05/15/20 08:52 PM
05/15/20 08:52 PM
OBX N.C.
Leary Sink Offline
trapper
Leary Sink  Offline
trapper

OBX N.C.
I believe she would cut ya too short to hang up!!

Re: What are these pictures???? [Re: NebrCatMan] #6873667
05/15/20 10:30 PM
05/15/20 10:30 PM
chelsea,wi
keets Offline
trapper
keets  Offline
trapper

chelsea,wi
I recall that being done when they were maybe 10 lbs or so

2021 goals....make time to trap
PROUD MEMBER WTA NTA FTA GOA SPORTSMANS ALLIANCE