No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: People [Re: ] #6876027
05/18/20 04:36 PM
05/18/20 04:36 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by J Staton
I don't wear a mask because I see no reason to prolong what is inevitable. Don't think science has figured out how to kill a virus. Now if you want to wear a mask have at it, just don't try to force me to wear one to protect your backside from something we will all eventually catch.

That exactly the reason to wear a mask... to prolong the exposure to give them time to develope a vaccine and in the time being not to overburden our medical system! You would rather risk your life and others because you don't like wearing a mask? I'm guessing you don't believe in seat belts or speed limits too...

Let's go Brandon!
Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876035
05/18/20 04:42 PM
05/18/20 04:42 PM
Houghton Lake, MI
strike2x Offline
trapper
strike2x  Offline
trapper

Houghton Lake, MI
By the time a vaccine is formulated and approved for use on humans we will all have had it. Majority anyhow. I don't flu vaccine and I won't get that one either. My immune system will take care of it or I will die. Plain and simple.

Wish I had more time to trap....
Re: People [Re: Finster] #6876061
05/18/20 05:02 PM
05/18/20 05:02 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by rendezvous

Yes, non-medical masks are not designed to filter particulates... they are used to impede spittle ejected from your mouth or nose, when you cough, sneeze or talk. And yes in areas the lockdown has been "eased". But there are still precautions being followed, like social distancing, routine cleaning, reducing the occupancy capacities, and... masks! It may be why there hasn't been any detectable spike.

I wear a mask any time I may come in contact with others, it's out of concern and respect for other people and loved ones.

Some may feel they have this whole virus figured out... they don't and neither do you!

Actually they are absolutely designed to filter particulates. They are not designed to filter microscopic things like a virus which can pass right through. They are meant to filter things like sawdust, sanding dust and other large particulates. By the way, I do have the entire thing figured out. It's a scam, a government power grab and the sheeple are to stupid to notice. There are very few people that this virus has been proven to be a danger to. People with pre existing medical conditions and the elderly. Other than that it's not a big deal for normal healthy people. 5 minutes of research and you can find that out. Get a clue and get a grip.

Oh, I'm sorry.... you have it all figured out. And everybody that doesn't agree or think like you are sheep and stupid. With all the facts and research you have presented here, can't argue with that. I'm sure you are an esteemed person in your family and community.

Let's go Brandon!
Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876100
05/18/20 05:34 PM
05/18/20 05:34 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Seen a older couple out hiking in the National Forest today on a gravel road, walking sticks and all nobody around for miles. Both had masks on I just shook my head as I drove by. LOL

Five pages of bickering over this! What would happen if you said you saw a rattlesnake. 10 pages!

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: People [Re: Gary Benson] #6876104
05/18/20 05:39 PM
05/18/20 05:39 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Seen a older couple out hiking in the National Forest today on a gravel road, walking sticks and all nobody around for miles. Both had masks on I just shook my head as I drove by. LOL

Five pages of bickering over this! What would happen if you said you saw a rattlesnake. 10 pages!

Bet that couple were carrying Duke traps.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: People [Re: rendezvous] #6876105
05/18/20 05:40 PM
05/18/20 05:40 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Oh, I'm sorry.... you have it all figured out. And everybody that doesn't agree or think like you are sheep and stupid. With all the facts and research you have presented here, can't argue with that. I'm sure you are an esteemed person in your family and community.

As a matter of fact, I am. Also, I have done my research, I know the facts and I prefer not to cower in fear. You go right ahead. I can't think less of you.

Last edited by Finster; 05/18/20 05:42 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876113
05/18/20 05:43 PM
05/18/20 05:43 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Only the sheep have been called sheep .............not sure how that could be offensive...

Report a post club - Non member

Re: People [Re: Gary Benson] #6876133
05/18/20 05:56 PM
05/18/20 05:56 PM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois

It was a test Gary. The lady had blood samples drawn for analysis, to determine whether or not if she had alzheimers or aids. With all the extra samples in the lab, from Covid 19 they got the results mixed up.
When the doctors office called to explain, the husband asked " what do I do now?"
They recommended he take her for a walk in the woods and leave her there.
If she finds her way home, don't sleep with her.

Re: People [Re: rendezvous] #6876140
05/18/20 06:01 PM
05/18/20 06:01 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by J Staton
I don't wear a mask because I see no reason to prolong what is inevitable. Don't think science has figured out how to kill a virus. Now if you want to wear a mask have at it, just don't try to force me to wear one to protect your backside from something we will all eventually catch.

That exactly the reason to wear a mask... to prolong the exposure to give them time to develope a vaccine and in the time being not to overburden our medical system! You would rather risk your life and others because you don't like wearing a mask? I'm guessing you don't believe in seat belts or speed limits too...

A older member of our church decided to get the flu vaccine. Had never had one before but thought since he was over 60 he should get it. A couple weeks later guess what he came down with...the flu. A vaccine isn't a cure and no matter how many vaccines you get for the Chinese flu you will catch it at some point. I've always thought those considered high risk should be the ones to quarantine and let those not considered high risk carry on and maybe we can develop some type of herd immunity. However, since I'm willing to take that risk for the common good I'm considered selfish. Here's just how selfish I am. My mom is 82 and has had asthma for most of her adult life. Since China flu is a respiratory ailment I have avoided contact with her. In fact, Mother's Day has been the only time since this began I've visited with her. Now here's the kicker, she also suffers from dementia. By avoiding contact with her, the next time I'm able to hug her neck she may not know me. So for those who try to play the guilt trip game, you can forget it, it don't work on me. Call me selfish all you want.

Last edited by J Staton; 05/18/20 06:04 PM.
Re: People [Re: Gary Benson] #6876148
05/18/20 06:08 PM
05/18/20 06:08 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content OP
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content OP
trapper

Central, SD

I’m just checking in when I’m back at the motel to nap or grab a bite, the wind has been a killer the trees are singing even before sun up and all night long.

Working Some gobblers later in the mornings I need to get on one before sun up, I have one lined up for tomorrow I hope man 3AM comes early. Went to the dump before heading out to the Hills that got me a nail in my tire so far. I open up T-man and see this is still going I just shake my head. LOL

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: People [Re: strike2x] #6876179
05/18/20 06:32 PM
05/18/20 06:32 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by strike2x
By the time a vaccine is formulated and approved for use on humans we will all have had it. Majority anyhow. I don't flu vaccine and I won't get that one either. My immune system will take care of it or I will die. Plain and simple.

Eh...wot?

Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876270
05/18/20 08:19 PM
05/18/20 08:19 PM
MT
S
Slick Pan Offline
trapper
Slick Pan  Offline
trapper
S

MT
If I could buy a quality mask that was like an n95 mask I would wear it and feel a lot safer.The problem as I see it, is that the masks people are wearing are not the quality to be effective.Saying that what people are wearing is better than nothing is not true.In fact it may create more of a problem because people that have the virus will now feel like they are safe and will not infect others thus entering the general population.

Last edited by Slick Pan; 05/18/20 08:22 PM.
Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876287
05/18/20 08:37 PM
05/18/20 08:37 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
[Linked Image]

Re: People [Re: The Beav] #6876293
05/18/20 08:40 PM
05/18/20 08:40 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by The Beav
I'll be 81 tomorrow and you think i'm a disposable person. Screw you buddy.

And here I didnt think you looked a day over 85 old buddy.

I hate to break it to you Gary, we are all "disposable"

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: People [Re: Bogmaster] #6876345
05/18/20 09:44 PM
05/18/20 09:44 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
I guess it is much better to be a live sheep than a dead donkey or dumb donkey.Not the word I would usually use,but ,I try not to get posts ejected on my account.
Tom

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

It is not hard to see those that are on their knees.

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: People [Re: Moosetrot] #6876394
05/18/20 10:29 PM
05/18/20 10:29 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
So, by following your opinion ("...not necessarily based on fact or knowledge"), the only ones that should be worrying about this are "People with pre-existing conditions and the elderly.", a group in which some on here as well as the elderly couple in the OP clearly fall in to. Yet you keep on referring to those folks as "Sheep'" even though they are doing what they can to protect themselves.

You're still scrambling, Finster.

Moosetrot

You didn't just miss the board on that one, the dart hit the wall and fell on the floor.

If those people are so concerned about their health, why are they out of their house?

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876401
05/18/20 10:38 PM
05/18/20 10:38 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
You're kind of late to the game on this one, Jerry Jr., but I just have to ask...If they are "Sheep" because they made THEIR choice to wear masks...for an unknown reason...what would they be called if they decided the stay in the house...for an unknown reason?

Moosetrot

Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876402
05/18/20 10:39 PM
05/18/20 10:39 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content OP
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content OP
trapper

Central, SD
Well seen them again today Same deal so I pulled up close behind them gunned the engine I got them up to jogging speed for about a 1/4 mile then I pulled along side of them and asked them how they were doing. From the yelling and rude language I’d say no underlying health issues they were very loud. Guess it’s a fashion statement now? 🤬

Just kidding no need to blow a cork anybody I’m 65 myself. 😷

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876409
05/18/20 10:47 PM
05/18/20 10:47 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Monkey see , monkey do maybe ?

I doubt they came up with the idea on their own .............

Re: People [Re: Law Dog] #6876412
05/18/20 10:51 PM
05/18/20 10:51 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Are the NTA, the PTA, and many other trapping organizations cancelling their conventions considered "Sheep" as well? If not, why?

Moosetrot

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread