No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Covid and new vehicles???? #6879051
05/22/20 08:10 AM
05/22/20 08:10 AM
West Virginia
W
WV Danimal Offline OP
trapper
WV Danimal  Offline OP
trapper
W

West Virginia
Any insight as to what, if any, affect this craziness will have on the prices? Not sure if they will have any "specials" because of overflow and stall in purchasing or if they're just too big to be affected by the pause in the economy. But I'm 'almost' ready to begin looking. Sure do like the Tundra crew max.

NOT at all interested in what's going on with anything associated with General Motors. Was dumb enough to go that route 3 times. All new Chevy's had major issues from the get-go and I had to get an attorney to convince them to do the work that was under warranty...... never again. I know many have lasted a long time for others but not me so not trying to start a Chevy guy riot here.

Anyway, just wondering if I should wait a little longer or ............

Trash your goals and plans for life. Just wing it and you'll never be let down!
Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879066
05/22/20 08:31 AM
05/22/20 08:31 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Won't be a back log if the factories don't fire back up. My wife wanted a new Tahoe but couldn't find the package she wanted and dealer didn't know when one would be available.

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879095
05/22/20 09:11 AM
05/22/20 09:11 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Just a hunch, but I suspect prices will be soft for a while.....................unless we see Congress come up with another cash-for-clunkers type of thing

Mean As Nails
Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879104
05/22/20 09:20 AM
05/22/20 09:20 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I've heard the new cars will have a built in sensor detects Covid-19 and other viruses.. Kinda like the inter-locks for drunks. You get in with virus car won't start so your not out spreading bugs around. LMAO!

Seriously I think some the dealer around here are motivated with pricing..I believe there are some financing deals to be had too. My son is thinking he may get different truck even if newer used.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879230
05/22/20 11:41 AM
05/22/20 11:41 AM
EC Indiana
M
MikeC Offline
trapper
MikeC  Offline
trapper
M

EC Indiana
Just saved me $5,500 dollars. Found a truck online but the dealer was closed. Emailed them and they said call back May 5th when they reopened. When I checked back they had lowered the price $5,500 and it was a really good deal before then. Mike

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879237
05/22/20 11:46 AM
05/22/20 11:46 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Price might go up.
People will be shopping and spending like crazy when the restrictions on movement is lifted.
Car dealerships usually have lots of incentives like delivery cost cash back/employee pricing, etc in the spring/early summer regardless.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: Boco] #6879244
05/22/20 11:54 AM
05/22/20 11:54 AM
West Virginia
W
WV Danimal Offline OP
trapper
WV Danimal  Offline OP
trapper
W

West Virginia
I thought about that as well, possible they may increase in price as the madness eases. I am optimisticly predicting a surge in the economy across the board hopefully! I don't quite need a new one yet as my old beater is still going but showing it's age (14 yrs). I keep em until they die, sometimes I even resuscitate them and run them again. I'm not looking forward to having a payment again after all this time but if the right deal is there... maybe.

Trash your goals and plans for life. Just wing it and you'll never be let down!
Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879245
05/22/20 11:55 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
it's spelled vechile. whistle

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879246
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Maserati's seem to be coming down on price a little bit.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879249
05/22/20 11:58 AM
05/22/20 11:58 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
heard they do one eighty five,but i lost my liscense and now i don't drive.

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879288
05/22/20 12:35 PM
05/22/20 12:35 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
A few brands were offering 0% interest for 84 months. Not sure if Toyota was one or not.

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: MikeC] #6879308
05/22/20 01:01 PM
05/22/20 01:01 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by MikeC
Just saved me $5,500 dollars. Found a truck online but the dealer was closed. Emailed them and they said call back May 5th when they reopened. When I checked back they had lowered the price $5,500 and it was a really good deal before then. Mike

Just shows how much dealerships mark up prices. No vehicle is a good deal. The dealership always makes money.

No Jab.
Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6879800
05/22/20 08:21 PM
05/22/20 08:21 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
Originally Posted by MikeC

Just shows how much dealerships mark up prices. No vehicle is a good deal. The dealership always makes money.

Isn't that why they sell vehicles, to make money?

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879808
05/22/20 08:27 PM
05/22/20 08:27 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Yes

No Jab.
Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879867
05/22/20 08:59 PM
05/22/20 08:59 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
Do the math. There will soon be 100,000 dead from Coronavirus, That is tracking the way it was projected for around 110,000 by June. Opening up the country is going to spread this more than the first round. This is killing Mexicans, Blacks, Indians and other foreigners and Whites who are poor and working in the meat and dairy industry. Throw in the old folks and the projections are 290,000 by the end of July. People are being forced back to work as unemployment is being cut.
That all adds up to pressure on the markets from real estate to cars. Dead people don't drive cars or make payments. For those who think there will be a surge from people now not spending money, that is not going to occur, as the rich are hanging onto the money they have, and the poor American can not afford it. That leaves the IT Indians and the manual labor Mexicans. The Indians have the money but are timid in buying, and the Mexicans are not spending, because they are spreading it.
This translates to there are going to be piles of things from homes with virus in them coming on the market to cars, and for a spray bottle of bleach some great deal will be available.
The way this virus has patterned before, indicates things should start flaring up in a few weeks from churches, restaurants and whatever other venue is made available. It should be 6 weeks before this gets going and then 2 months of it. That should be when the great buys start.
Do not expect vehicle models to be there though in what you want, as I was trying to buy florescent lights today, and GE is limiting purchases to only 3 to a customer. Cars are a bit more complex than light bulbs in inventory parts.

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: WV Danimal] #6879877
05/22/20 09:02 PM
05/22/20 09:02 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Maybe getting a little late. The prices will firm up when the economy if the economy gets going again.
Bought mine about a month ago, about 3800 below wholesale. It had been on their lot for about 45 days and the boss wanted it gone.
Good luck with your quest.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: star flakes] #6879882
05/22/20 09:10 PM
05/22/20 09:10 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by star flakes
Do the math. There will soon be 100,000 dead from Coronavirus, That is tracking the way it was projected for around 110,000 by June. Opening up the country is going to spread this more than the first round. This is killing Mexicans, Blacks, Indians and other foreigners and Whites who are poor and working in the meat and dairy industry. Throw in the old folks and the projections are 290,000 by the end of July. People are being forced back to work as unemployment is being cut.
That all adds up to pressure on the markets from real estate to cars. Dead people don't drive cars or make payments. For those who think there will be a surge from people now not spending money, that is not going to occur, as the rich are hanging onto the money they have, and the poor American can not afford it. That leaves the IT Indians and the manual labor Mexicans. The Indians have the money but are timid in buying, and the Mexicans are not spending, because they are spreading it.
This translates to there are going to be piles of things from homes with virus in them coming on the market to cars, and for a spray bottle of bleach some great deal will be available.
The way this virus has patterned before, indicates things should start flaring up in a few weeks from churches, restaurants and whatever other venue is made available. It should be 6 weeks before this gets going and then 2 months of it. That should be when the great buys start.
Do not expect vehicle models to be there though in what you want, as I was trying to buy florescent lights today, and GE is limiting purchases to only 3 to a customer. Cars are a bit more complex than light bulbs in inventory parts.

There will soon be 100,000 with covid “claimed” as the cause. Had a cough and stage 4 cancer while weighing 100 pounds?? Covid. I bet covid deaths are half what they claim, but it will never be known.

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: star flakes] #6879893
05/22/20 09:17 PM
05/22/20 09:17 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska

The math can be done however you'd like me to look at it. Covid in states that aren't looking for a government handout have handled it quite well. Life is pretty well back to normal for me. They even let me get back into the gym so I can stop killing myself in the basement. I've heard next week, in two weeks, in three weeks for two months now. I had a better chance of getting blown away from the tornado 20 miles away from me as I drove to work today than dying of Covid. You keep watching your TV screen for the numbers and I'll just live life.

Last edited by WadeRyan; 05/22/20 09:28 PM.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: cmcf] #6879958
05/22/20 10:27 PM
05/22/20 10:27 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by cmcf
Maybe getting a little late. The prices will firm up when the economy if the economy gets going again.
Bought mine about a month ago, about 3800 below wholesale. It had been on their lot for about 45 days and the boss wanted it gone.
Good luck with your quest.

Wholesale numbers when it comes to cars are bs. That's means nothing.

No Jab.
Re: Covid and new vehicles???? [Re: star flakes] #6879959
05/22/20 10:30 PM
05/22/20 10:30 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI

This is just a flue. Stop watching the news. Your life will improve and you won't be so scared.

No Jab.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread