No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
WORKSHARP #6874338
05/16/20 09:13 PM
05/16/20 09:13 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I have been looking at a tool to clean up some knives , that are really beyond touch up and into needing to be ground.
as well as make a few more from blanks and use it on kydex projects as well.
I should even be able to dress chain saw bars with the right angle side.

I liked the ken onion edition at 129 but was really wanting the additional grinder table option also but that made it 200 dollars

https://www.worksharptools.com/shop..._pa_bundled-with=elite-sharpening-system

then I was watching a video on the tool and the reviewer had this coupon code for 25% off Stoney25

when the coupon brings it down to 150 with 5 belts for the knife attachment and 6 belts for the grinder attachment

that is a lot better than buying the 129.99 unit and adding the grinder attachment on amazon

if you were looking at pulling the trigger on one of these this might help you also

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 05/16/20 09:27 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: WORKSHARP [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6874345
05/16/20 09:16 PM
05/16/20 09:16 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
if you are interested in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoGTPUV7Ixs

sure I really want a 2x72 some day but I seem to be short about 3K for that at the moment so this should hold me over a while any way.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: WORKSHARP [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6874718
05/17/20 09:19 AM
05/17/20 09:19 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
That's a pretty good deal. Back a few years I was doing the same shopping. I ended up with the plain Worksharp® and a Harbor Freight 1" belt sander. It's not as versatile as your set up, but, I was happy for the money.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: WORKSHARP [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6874756
05/17/20 09:57 AM
05/17/20 09:57 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
I wore out one and bought another because of the simplicity and convenience. There are better ways to sharpen a knife. The belt when pressure is applied will tend to round the edge. But for most people it is adequate. It will work on axes, hatchets , corn knifes, machetes, etc.

Re: WORKSHARP [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6881311
05/24/20 07:40 PM
05/24/20 07:40 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
the work sharp kit arrived yesterday

had the 3/4x12 for the ken onion knife attachment

and the 1x18 belts for the blade grinder attachment

120 grit 65X 22X x4 6000 and 2 cloth belts with green and red compound

I was more interested in the blade grinder attachment and have done several knives already with it

I have done hair popping shaving sharp with stones and it is a lengthy process

with this if you start with a decent edge it can be hair popping confetti making sharp in a short time.

longer if you need to push back the shoulders or bring out nicks.

my go to sharpener has be a Dexter diamond steel for many years and it works ever well a few licks then cut , the issue is that eventually you are loosing edge and getting into the where the diamond steel really doesn't take enough metal off to really push back the shoulder.

this is where the work sharp can make short work of bringing back a knife.

[Linked Image]

this has been one fo my favorite meat cutting knives , it had been sharpened so many times it went right from cutting edge to blade thickness
I was able to bring back the bevel I hope to get a lot more years from it , I paid a quarter for it at a church rummage sale 18 years ago
[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread