No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
roller skatin aint what it used to be #6882203
05/25/20 08:18 PM
05/25/20 08:18 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline OP
trapper
il.trapper  Offline OP
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
Back in the day I skated a lot. Even did some dance shows and at one time I danced/skated on stilts.
Of course that was many years ago. Skating was dying out then and I thought it was pretty much a dead form of recreation today. Apparently I am very wrong about that.

Found these videos a few days ago. It sure aint how we skated, but I must tip my hat to these folks for sure. Skip the first cpl minutes to see the actual skating.

Re: roller skatin aint what it used to be [Re: il.trapper] #6882486
05/26/20 08:52 AM
05/26/20 08:52 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Is funny that you posted this. I'm 63 now I just dug my street skates out yesterday (Not blades) to see if they still roll. Been maybe 10 years since used them? Is whole new black top road in the park with new bike and foot path along edge, figure skates should roll like mad on there. Last used them on new parking lot at fire station years back.
I live just a couple blocks from the roller rink here in town. I haven't skated since think January..Rink Closed now with Covid-Crap..
With my two new fake hips I waddling like a duck hard to push. Never figured be so hard to get moving again, was tough get balanced. Even fell couple times which I hadn't done in many years. Would guess doc would stroke out see that?? Not my problem what he thinks my hips I use them how I want..
I've skated all my life first skates had wooden wheels honest to god.. It wasn't until cancer got me 7 years ago I backed way off lost lot of strength.
I can't do all the fancy stuff the folks in the video are doing never could.. My kids can or could and I know others who still can. My son still skates occasionally in fact he is one dragged me back try my new legs this winter..
Both my kids actually worked at the skating rink when they were in high school.. I never did the dance stuff like you mention. But I could waltz with the best of them and kinda two step..Like said could never box step like them young folks now. But right up to when I got shut down with the cancer. I could line jamb with the 16 year olds and wear some down..And skate backwards threw a crowd faster than most could go forwards..
Them days are long gone would just like now to get back up to speed with regular crowd..
Nice to see other enjoyed their skating like I did.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: roller skatin aint what it used to be [Re: il.trapper] #6882502
05/26/20 09:13 AM
05/26/20 09:13 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
I can skate but Adult kids dont go with me anymore

Showed them up I guess...but no Its fun and much more fun with a couple friends.

Good 80s music helps too.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread