No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882612
05/26/20 12:11 PM
05/26/20 12:11 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
LMAO
Have any of you guys ever thought of writing for any of the soap operas?
just

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882615
05/26/20 12:13 PM
05/26/20 12:13 PM
Gilmer, Texas
R
Ranger109 Offline
trapper
Ranger109  Offline
trapper
R

Gilmer, Texas
My personal opinion is this was a test run for the Antichrist to learn how people would react to something like this. The world governments tell us there is a bad bug out there and were going to die, and people freak the heck out, and what did they do, turn to the government for protection. People quit going to work, people quit going to school, people quit going to church, people quit life in a lot of places. How hard was that for the government to control peoples lives, imagine what it going to be like when the Antichrist steps up for real.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882619
05/26/20 12:23 PM
05/26/20 12:23 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
^^^^^^^^^^^or science fiction....

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882627
05/26/20 12:52 PM
05/26/20 12:52 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
ranger i quit everything for about two weeks. the canary in the coal mine is the incarcerated and the homeless. their populations were and are not decimated. thats all i need to know the danger has been grossly exaggerated.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882648
05/26/20 01:20 PM
05/26/20 01:20 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
FYI
ABC s news show "what you need to know " just reported that there are over 100 possible corona virus 19 vaccinations being tested world wide.
8 are being human tested.
I'm sure you guys can volunteer.
just

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882662
05/26/20 01:30 PM
05/26/20 01:30 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
Y

Marion Kansas
I will say I had some real concern going into this coronavirus thing, but I also thought that if this is real we will know in a couple weeks or a month tops. My x is a nurse in a managment position with a large hospital group, my sis is a traveling nurse that is working in a large city right now, one of my good friends wife is a nurse in a good sized city, and one of my best friends lives in an area that is considered a Hotspot here in ks. The friend who lives in the Hotspot works with two guys that where confirmed with it and came in direct contact with them days before they were confirmed but he never got sick and the confirmed cases never got sick enough to even be concerned about it. The three nurses I've talked all said the seriousness of the virus has been way over played for all but a small group of at risk people. 2 of the three nurses were quite concerned going into this thing. At what point do we put more value on what we really see happening around us and start thinking for ourselves?

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882665
05/26/20 01:31 PM
05/26/20 01:31 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I would like to get an antibody test. Had something in February with all the symptoms. Dont know where to get one.

You dont have to volunteer for testing you can get paid. I dont think I would meet the standards for a test subject. I have not heard about any vaccine tests being done here. Where in KC do I go? Who do I call? I dont want to go someplace far off for however long it lasts.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: AKAjust] #6882672
05/26/20 01:38 PM
05/26/20 01:38 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
Yes sir  Online Content
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by AKAjust
FYI
ABC s news show "what you need to know " just reported that there are over 100 possible corona virus 19 vaccinations being tested world wide.
8 are being human tested.
I'm sure you guys can volunteer.
just

30 some years we haven't found a vaccine for the aids virus, haven't developed a vaccine for sars, my understanding of vaccines is they take a long time to develop if they ever can be. Heck the influenza vaccine is only 20% to 40% effective and thats likely being generous. If 70% percent of the population has already got antibodies to the coronavirus and if a vaccine came out that was 30% effective then the vaccine would only help 10% of the people that took it. And there is already 9 confirmed different stains of the virus out there.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: danny clifton] #6882676
05/26/20 01:40 PM
05/26/20 01:40 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
Yes sir  Online Content
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I would like to get an antibody test. Had something in February with all the symptoms. Dont know where to get one.

You dont have to volunteer for testing you can get paid. I dont think I would meet the standards for a test subject. I have not heard about any vaccine tests being done here. Where in KC do I go? Who do I call? I dont want to go someplace far off for however long it lasts.

I'd start by contacting your county health department

Last edited by Yes sir; 05/26/20 01:40 PM.
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882700
05/26/20 02:08 PM
05/26/20 02:08 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
health department said they are not doing it. get a dr to order it and send it to a lab. lady on the phone is unaware of what labs are doing it

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882721
05/26/20 02:29 PM
05/26/20 02:29 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
If this is a true public health emergency like it has been sold to the masses, the antibody test should be front and center to determine how widespread the virus really is compared to the number of serious cases and fatalities. More folks who have been exposed without serious issues is a good thing when looking at getting back to normal. Every local health department should be offering the antibody test to anyone willing to get it. You get your finger pricked and have the result in 15 minutes. Why is this not already being done?

I do not trust the WHO and the CDC anymore than I trust CNN at this point.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882726
05/26/20 02:35 PM
05/26/20 02:35 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Hmmm.Interesting
Do you trust the president?

The tests take awhile to produce.
I don't know how long a finger prick sample lasts but as someone said above they are still trying to find a vaccination for aids.

Last edited by AKAjust; 05/26/20 02:41 PM.
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882731
05/26/20 02:38 PM
05/26/20 02:38 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dont. Reminds of old "read my lips".

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882735
05/26/20 02:55 PM
05/26/20 02:55 PM
Mt.Iron MN
K
Ken Mclellan Offline
trapper
Ken Mclellan  Offline
trapper
K

Mt.Iron MN
Mark...“Reported cases” vs. “actual cases”..

I think that’s the difference.

Time and tide wait for no man
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882765
05/26/20 03:52 PM
05/26/20 03:52 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I was an advocate for a shutdown. Every person I am close to is in the high risk category. But then they did shut things down and I saw what a joke it was. In my mind, a shut down was a shut down.... a couple grocery stores open with employees bringing a gallon of milk, loaf of bread and pound of butter out to your car. But it was nothing like that. Food joints, banks, hardware stores, liquor stores, cigarette joints, realtors, car dealers, etc were all still open for business with only the smallest of businesses suffering. With many out of work, and less places to shop, everyone flooded to Lowes and Walmart. I work at Lowes and our store had record breaking numbers every day of the shutdown.

I now believe that the shutdowns contributed to the disease. If people were busy with work, and had more places to shop, I feel less would have contracted it!

I believe the disease is serious. I believe it's contagious. But I also believe that the state and federal governments have no clue what to do with it, and in many cases might be endangering us more.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: AKAjust] #6882805
05/26/20 05:13 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Originally Posted by AKAjust
Hmmm.Interesting
Do you trust the president?

The tests take awhile to produce.
I don't know how long a finger prick sample lasts but as someone said above they are still trying to find a vaccination for aids.

Not 100% but way yonder more than the alternative that we had to choose from. But I do feel for him trying to sort through all of the ever changing data from the so called experts to try to determine the best course of action moving forward. His top advisers are as wishy washy as can be and there is no way win whatever he does.

Just my opinion but I do believe some of the social distancing has helped. Mainly, the cancellation of the big events that would have brought folks together from all over the country. Ball games and similar big events with lots of folks crowded into small areas.

I am not sure closing schools made much difference. I am also not sure the other shut downs did more good than they did harm. Essential versus non essential determined by a bunch of career politicians has been a pretty bad joke at best. Some of those brilliant politicians should be charged with murder for forcing some very high risk folks to be exposed to known infected folks....when nursing homes were forced to take in virus patients. Lots of folks died because of those bad decisions for sure.

The shutdown, as I understand it, was never intended to stop the spread. It was to slow down the spread so the health care systems were not over run. For the most part, that worked but the unexpected shutdown of the health care system has created bigger problems. Many folks are not getting the care they need for other conditions either due to their own fear or the fact that the medical community closed down.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882807
Georgia
W
Wiz Offline
trapper
Wiz  Offline
trapper
W

Georgia
According to the latest work in China, they are saying it was probably starting in Wuhan around November at the latest and they never really confirmed their first death until late December. Why? Because nobody was looking. Even when they had their first probable death in late December, few were looking. It wasn't until around the Chinese New Year around January 25th that it really started becoming a story around the globe.

When the shadow of the big ugly giant known as Covid-19 was coming upon us, the US government was busy working to defend/impeach the president (January 21-31) which they could have started a month earlier. They didn't care about some Chinese virus. The media had bigger things to report and slant.

At first it wasn't in the US until mid to late February. Now the CDC says it was confirmed January 20th with the person flying from Wuhan on January 15th. I'm sure that patient "zero" wasn't socially distant on the 14+ hour flight from China so how many of those 300+ passengers were exposed? Chances are a lot as the person would have been within 2 feet of probably a minimum of 11 people for the entire flight. The person probably used the same restroom at least 2 times that was shared with at least 50-100 people. These people probably landed and went and hugged/kissed how many of their family members immediately after exposure. If you trace the expose chain, just this 1 person likely resulted in the exposure of 1,000's of people by mid-January. Chances are he/she wasn't the first and only either so it probably was spread far and wide by late January.

Enter Chinese New Year on January 25th until about February 9th. Most of the country shuts down and is somewhat isolated when the virus is really ramping up. The new cases were about asymptotic for a few days and then started really climbing. From this time until early March the Chinese National Health Commission changed the case definition of Covid-19 7 times. During this time China reported about 55,000 cases where as some modeling by a group of Chinese scientists published in a medical journal that based on the rates of climb after each case definition change, there should have actually been somewhere in the ball park of 232,000 cases. So it really came down to how one defines Covid-19 positive.

I suspect China has many more Covid-19 related deaths than reported but it simply was not identified in their definitions. What we have learned in the US is that the definition likely hasn't changed as much but it has been much broader all along and likely the reason we have more cases. We also know that Covid-19 deaths are not only Covid-19 deaths but deaths that tested positive for Covid-19 or showed symptoms. What we don't know is how many deaths were truly only because of Covid-19 nor how many cases of Covid-19 are really out there.

My gut feeling is that when this is all said and done with, we will find that this highly contagious virus has been much more rampant than anyone reported but it was simply not that deadly unless you had some underlying condition whether you were aware or not. Perhaps even genetics could be a big player as some people are likely more resistant than others.

On a side note, I was in China from December 5 until December 17th. We traveled all around the country for the time going by van or high speed rail. We spent 2 days in the Yellow Mountains about two and a half hours (by high speed rail) from Wuhan. If anyone should have had it, it is me and the 6 people I was with the entire time as we traveled through the country or on the 14 hour flight with 300 of my closes Chinese associates from all over the country. My co-worker from China and her husband came back to the US on January 18th. I am pretty sure I had it around early February and probably gave it to my wife and daughter as we all had a dry cough for about 3 weeks. I also had a (probably viral) rash that I just chalked up to be around a 2 year old that was in day care most days.

Ironically, assisted living homes are been shown to really suffer from the disease but there seems to be little if any fuss about day cares which are famous vector transmission incubators. Head scratcher there.

A lot of stuff doesn't add up to me so I've just chalked it up to nobody knowing what the heck is really going on.

This past weekend will be the true test of the seriousness of this virus as I saw the most activity out and about since February. There better be a big outbreak of this in 12 days or the media and government's bluff might have been called.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: trappergbus] #6882867
05/26/20 06:14 PM
05/26/20 06:14 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by trappergbus
They have the test but still no test for if you have the antibodies and are immune, Hmmmm? Sure seems like they would develop one sooner than later so they could use those that are immune to develop a vaccine more efficiently. Or am I drunk??

There’s testing for antibodies but it’s just like the original antigen testing. It takes a while for the testing to get out. Remember no one in the United States knew what Covid-19 was until the start of this year. Our healthcare system will have the testing within 2-3 weeks. Workers with higher chances of exposure will have the ability to be tested first. I’m in line.

Last edited by WadeRyan; 05/26/20 06:23 PM.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882878
05/26/20 06:31 PM
05/26/20 06:31 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
The antibody test has been available here for at least a month. Call a local pharmacy for a drive in appointment, drive in, rlll your window down. answer a couple of ID questions, get your finger pricked, wait in the parking lot about 15 and get the test results. Yes, you do have to pay for the test and just because you have the antibody, the medical folks are still not sure you have immunity since this is a new virus.

Health care workers and first responders should be tested for sure. Nursing home staff as well.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6882900
05/26/20 06:53 PM
05/26/20 06:53 PM
Southern Michigan
T
trappergbus Offline
trapper
trappergbus  Offline
trapper
T

Southern Michigan
Thanks for the info QBD and Wade, I'll ask my Doctor tomorrow if its available here. I got swabbed last week for pre surgery on my hand. It was easy, a swab inside the nose right in my truck. They sent the results to my Surgeon.

Health care workers should be first.

Common sense catches alot of fur..
Pay homage to all you harvest..
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread