No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884110
05/28/20 12:52 PM
05/28/20 12:52 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I'm not saying the police should've continued to hold him down that long, especially once he complained of not being able to breath. That is when the cop should've changed hold n him, imo.

But and if!!

The guy did something, like resisted or assaulted the cop, how would you guys that have your mind made up already, restrain him?
Pinning someone down isn't as easy as some seem to believe.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884118
05/28/20 01:12 PM
05/28/20 01:12 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
I just watched the posted video of the arrest and it looks to me the cops had trouble getting him to step out of the car and had to pull him out. The second officer went and helped, looks like at one point the suspect tries to fall or kneel down and repeatedly tries to turn towards the officer. Yes everything looks fairly calm after they sit him down and then when they walk him across the street, You see him fall but there doesn't appear to be any action by any party that causes the fall by the cruiser. Something happens that we haven't been shown when the videos switch to the cell phone videos. The officers never looked upset just doing their jobs in the first video.

The million dollar question is what changed and what happened.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: T-Rex] #6884120
05/28/20 01:14 PM
Kiel,Wisconsin
H
Hatchetman Offline
trapper
Hatchetman  Offline
trapper
H

Kiel,Wisconsin
Originally Posted by T-Rex

So, what I can't understand is: In a group of four dispatched officers, there is not one smart compassionate person to recognize what was happening

Oh they know, alright they are just too afraid to say something.
Afraid, if they make an issue out of this, they'll catch heck from their comrads & probably their CO.

But also too dumb to realize by not saying something in a situation like this, they'll likely loose their job and have their career ruined.

In short, its a good old boys club! for probably 80% of cops.

Now, I'm not a cop so to make a statement like that is pretty brazen not? Well, if it weren't so, how come cops everywhere are not coming unglued and disgusted about this kind of behavior and making public statements against it??

Cops always say how tough their job is, and I'm sure it is. But when crap like this happens, I do know, it will absolutely make their jobs another notch tougher going forward.
Sitting back and saying nothing against it doesn't help either. It's just plain weak.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884121
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Yep, something took place we're not seeing.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884122
05/28/20 01:17 PM
05/28/20 01:17 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Someone on here said he was held down by four 300# cops. I don't see a cop that would weigh over 160# in that group.
The perp could have worked for 2 hours and earned a real $20 and this would have been avoided. And acting like this at age 46, I wonder what the last 30 yrs look like on his rap sheet?
These cops have likely had many many many run-ins with this guy. A person can legally curse a cop, follow them around yapping at them, harassing them, everything that isn't illegal and the cops can't do a thing about it. I'm sure it gets old, and cops have emotions just like the rest of us. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: nvwrangler] #6884123
05/28/20 01:20 PM
05/28/20 01:20 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by nvwrangler
I just watched the posted video of the arrest and it looks to me the cops had trouble getting him to step out of the car and had to pull him out. The second officer went and helped, looks like at one point the suspect tries to fall or kneel down and repeatedly tries to turn towards the officer. Yes everything looks fairly calm after they sit him down and then when they walk him across the street, You see him fall but there doesn't appear to be any action by any party that causes the fall by the cruiser. Something happens that we haven't been shown when the videos switch to the cell phone videos. The officers never looked upset just doing their jobs in the first video.

The million dollar question is what changed and what happened.

The perp also knows he's being videoed by 30 different phones. Good time to put on a good show and really shine.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Gary Benson] #6884145
05/28/20 01:52 PM
05/28/20 01:52 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
That cop doing the kneeling might as well have attached a Death Ray

to the victim's neck and finished him off.

The results would have been the same.

Have you ever tried to breathe laying on your
chest arms handcuffed behind your back with
your body weight compressionally restricting
the expansion of your lungs ?

It's almost impossible to expand your lungs in that position.

Now add the Cop's knee to your neck, and his body weight.

It's a miracle the Victim remained conscious as long as he did
under those circumstances, before being completely choked out.

I'm generally supportive of law enforcement but somebody
should have been in charge, and told that cop to ease up,
checked the guy's pulse, and realized that they had completely
incapacitated the victim and he was no longer a threat,
(if he ever was one).

I see a homicide of an incapacitated, helpless victim.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 05/28/20 02:19 PM.

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884170
05/28/20 02:30 PM
05/28/20 02:30 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
The real criminals are the ones that burned business down and destroyed property in their rioting.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: rvsask] #6884174
05/28/20 02:36 PM
05/28/20 02:36 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Originally Posted by rvsask
What I don't understand is why residents of Chicago don't get their pantys in a knot over the shooting arcade going on there for quite some time.
I'm confused here, is there a correlation? P.S, St. Louis and Kansas City in Missouri have more shooting than Chicago.

I do agree with your take on businesses in those neighborhoods.

This is a crazy thread, good to see not everyone posting is blaming it on the guy in handcuffs.

rvsask, you are wrong about St. Louis and KC Mo. they aren't even close to Chicago. East St. Louis across the river is a different matter, no one in their right mind would go there. The residents doing the shooting and dying in Chicago are mainly black on black and the summer shooting season is just getting started. This Memorial Day weekend saw 10 killed and 42 wounded.

www.heyjackass.com

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884176
05/28/20 02:38 PM
05/28/20 02:38 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
That's perfectly acceptable in today's world.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884178
05/28/20 02:41 PM
05/28/20 02:41 PM
Suffolk new york
M
Miley Offline OP
trapper
Miley  Offline OP
trapper
M

Suffolk new york
By some of the posts here being judged by a “jury of my peers “ Would scare the crap out of me.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884202
05/28/20 03:35 PM
05/28/20 03:35 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
K52 that is my point. I know most big cities are a war zone of black on black violence. Last weekend was a slow one in Chicago compared to the past. My point is that the media and local residents must consider this exceptable behavior. Don't see the animals rioting,burning,and looting because of black on black violence. It would seem to me that it takes a cracker in a position of authority,mistreating a brother,too flip the switch of mayhem. Not saying the cops involved in this case couldn't of handled it a little differently,but I wasn't there. When the toxicology test comes back,it should nail down the true cause of death. If it comes back what the cops did wasn't the cause of death,Minneapolis will have a exciting barbecue party that will not be to the benift of business owners.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: snowy] #6884218
05/28/20 04:14 PM
05/28/20 04:14 PM
NW Mo
M
Michael Lippold Offline
trapper
Michael Lippold  Offline
trapper
M

NW Mo
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
K52 that is my point. I know most big cities are a war zone of black on black violence. Last weekend was a slow one in Chicago compared to the past. My point is that the media and local residents must consider this exceptable behavior. Don't see the animals rioting,burning,and looting because of black on black violence. It would seem to me that it takes a cracker in a position of authority,mistreating a brother,too flip the switch of mayhem. Not saying the cops involved in this case couldn't of handled it a little differently,but I wasn't there. When the toxicology test comes back,it should nail down the true cause of death. If it comes back what the cops did wasn't the cause of death,Minneapolis will have a exciting barbecue party that will not be to the benift of business owners.

Originally Posted by snowy
The real criminals are the ones that burned business down and destroyed property in their rioting.

Couldn’t agree more

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: walleyed] #6884247
05/28/20 05:04 PM
05/28/20 05:04 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by walleyed
That cop doing the kneeling might as well have attached a Death Ray

to the victim's neck and finished him off.

The results would have been the same.

Have you ever tried to breathe laying on your
chest arms handcuffed behind your back with
your body weight compressionally restricting
the expansion of your lungs ?

It's almost impossible to expand your lungs in that position.

Now add the Cop's knee to your neck, and his body weight.

It's a miracle the Victim remained conscious as long as he did
under those circumstances, before being completely choked out.

I'm generally supportive of law enforcement but somebody
should have been in charge, and told that cop to ease up,
checked the guy's pulse, and realized that they had completely
incapacitated the victim and he was no longer a threat,
(if he ever was one).

I see a homicide of an incapacitated, helpless victim.

w

In the video I saw the ambulance emt did check his pulse and the told the cop something and he just posed more. WHO unless they are saying "look at me" doesn't even look down at the suspect . He looked over at the bumper to put his hand on it so he could apply more pressure .Then scowerd to the people on the sidewalk.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884249
05/28/20 05:05 PM
05/28/20 05:05 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
JUst another reason not to live in Minnesota !!! LOL dang winters and killer cops. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884278
05/28/20 06:07 PM
05/28/20 06:07 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Online content
trapper
Steven 49er  Online Content
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Minneapolis only gets half a winter, it's why people are so crazy there.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884297
05/28/20 06:23 PM
05/28/20 06:23 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Minny-yapless is the only place I've been where I really felt like a minority.

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884316
05/28/20 06:44 PM
05/28/20 06:44 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Ok anyone see the FBI news conference? Cops will be in jail by Monday in prison by july

Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Gary Benson] #6884321
05/28/20 06:47 PM
05/28/20 06:47 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Someone on here said he was held down by four 300# cops. I don't see a cop that would weigh over 160# in that group.
The perp could have worked for 2 hours and earned a real $20 and this would have been avoided. And acting like this at age 46, I wonder what the last 30 yrs look like on his rap sheet?
These cops have likely had many many many run-ins with this guy. A person can legally curse a cop, follow them around yapping at them, harassing them, everything that isn't illegal and the cops can't do a thing about it. I'm sure it gets old, and cops have emotions just like the rest of us. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
The "play stupid games win stupid prizes" statement would get a LEO relieved of duty in my county. My goodness that is the most unprofessional statement to be uttered by a police officer. Being or becoming a police officer is not nor should be considered a game. I predict after investigation the officer will be charged with manslaughter and lessor charges to the other officers, as the video appears to indicate to me.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Minneapolis cops fired [Re: Miley] #6884330
05/28/20 06:55 PM
05/28/20 06:55 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I wonder if he would be dead right now if he had simply complied with the officers requests?

He would would still be alive if he complied......... but you won't here the 'protesters' even admit that.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread