No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Interracial Violence [Re: danny clifton] #6886998
05/31/20 09:00 PM
05/31/20 09:00 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Pike River, whatever you spent for your education you should demand your money back.

Thats a funny statement. And I'm not picking sides either.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Interracial Violence [Re: Pike River] #6887000
05/31/20 09:01 PM
05/31/20 09:01 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Pike River

You know....instead of lookimg at it racially maybe we should look at it through the lens of socioeconomics.

If it's just socioeconomics west Virginia would have crime rates similar to Chicago and Detroit.

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887006
05/31/20 09:06 PM
05/31/20 09:06 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
If the truth was known, George Floyd is probably still alive. And that probly ain't his real name either.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Interracial Violence [Re: James] #6887258
06/01/20 06:49 AM
06/01/20 06:49 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by loosegoose
I don't understand the systemic racism thing. Of course there is individual racism alive and well today, there's no denying that. But as far as I know, no police department has a different set of rules for how to treat blacks and whites. Their policies don't have racism written in to them, even though officers may treat black differently than whites. That's an individual problem with that individual officer, though, not a problem with the system.

No government department, including police, would ever be stupid enough to write down discriminatory policies. Nevertheless, if a department tolerates individual officers who treat blacks differently, then there's more than a hint of systemic racism.

Since crimes are disproportionately committed by blacks, it's not hard to see how officers become prejudiced against members of that race. Prejudice has to be trained out of them. They should be taught to identify the prejudice inside themselves and to set it aside.

Jim

Is there racism within our court system? Police are just one step in the system that is convicting 80% black people.

Seems that if you think one department becomes prejudice, the others would?

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887453
06/01/20 12:23 PM
06/01/20 12:23 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
Over fifty years ago I worked for a milk company in NYC. I rotated from plants in Bedford Styuvestant in Brooklyn, Jamaica, Queens, Webster Ave. in the Bronx, and Newark, NJ. All black neighborhoods. I feared for my life just coming and going to work. I saw stabbings,theft of 10 gallon cans of cream, autos being stripped of bucket seats, and had my own car broken into and articles stolen. I was called some pretty nasty stuff and was confronted by some just itching for a fight.
You wonder why I feel the way I do? Yes, there are some black people that are fine upstanding people and I once had my son's black college room mate stay in my home. There are also some white people that are trash.. What I'm against are those that don't try to better themselves,peddle and use drugs, and live on welfare. Live and behave like animals and then demand respect?
The liberal media are much to blame.So are the Obamas. So is Trump with his constant tweeting. Trump has done more for blacks than any recent President, but his big mouth ruins it all.
I know that there are some bad cops, but how would you like to face what they do every day? I certainly don't condone murder.A lot of these people ask for the treatment they get. Live like an animal and get treated like one!

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887462
06/01/20 12:50 PM
06/01/20 12:50 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Walk down Highland Avenue in Niagara Falls, NY.... even at high noon, and you'll see what racism really is.... if you live to tell about it.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887464
06/01/20 12:51 PM
06/01/20 12:51 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Psychological hysteria of mob violence. Guilt trip against whites showing resentment for wrongs supposedly imposed on their ancestors. Pretending two wrongs make a right. Cheap shot.

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: yotetrapper30] #6887468
06/01/20 01:01 PM
06/01/20 01:01 PM
Little Valley, NY
Sawmill Creek Offline
trapper
Sawmill Creek  Offline
trapper

Little Valley, NY
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Walk down Highland Avenue in Niagara Falls, NY.... even at high noon, and you'll see what racism really is.... if you live to tell about it.

Buffalo General used to have armed security to walk you to your car after dark

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887474
06/01/20 01:08 PM
06/01/20 01:08 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
We've had our truck drivers held up in NYC. got that only a couple would deliver there, and only to places that were fenced/with a guard at the gate. Tolls got so high that our shippers no longer ship there and we don't miss it.

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887494
06/01/20 01:36 PM
06/01/20 01:36 PM
Owatonna,mn
C
Cibarius Offline
trapper
Cibarius  Offline
trapper
C

Owatonna,mn
Everything leads back to IQ. Don’t matter what color they are. There is a direct correlation between IQ and crime rates, incarceration, income, and nearly all of the disparity issues people complain about. Now go to google (a liberally biased site) and look up average IQ by race. The disparity numbers make total sense! Obviously you cannot judge an individual by IQ as IQ and wisdom are two totally different things but it’s very predictable what to expect from large groups.

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887498
06/01/20 01:41 PM
06/01/20 01:41 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Not about race as much as it being anti establishment now.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887522
06/01/20 02:18 PM
06/01/20 02:18 PM
Utah
J
Jasper69 Offline
trapper
Jasper69  Offline
trapper
J

Utah
Fisher man hit it right on the head. I grew up in a small Scandinavian farming community in Montana. Pretty limited viewpoint when it came to cultural awareness. But then we didn't need any because we were all the same. However, I received a very good education and was taught right from wrong. Then I went to college and played football and intermingled with blacks from different areas of the country. I didn't then, and still don't now, judge people by their race, but as individuals. The black culture is different, duh, than the white. That's just the way it is. And many blacks come from poor neighborhoods. But how do you graduate from an inner-city school and not be able to read. We all know of the problems in our social system. But how come Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton seem to always be part of the problem and never part of the solution. Where is the NAACP and the Black Caucus. With my 70 years of life experiences I have not seen the black culture do a lot to help themselves. When a black person kills a white person there isn't rioting going on. Planned parenthood kills more blacks in a day than the police do in a year. If the black people want more respect then they have to earn it. I have always taught my family that you cannot DEMAND respect. You have to COMMAND respect. There are many great black people out there. Many doctors, lawyers, business leaders, etc. And they are judged as individuals not because of the color of their skin. If the black people want a revolution they need to start with themselves. As a population of 13% of the American people they are receiving a disproportionate amount of support in social programs and tax spending. If they want respect they must command it instead of demand it. Many are doing that, but the bad apples show up on the nightly news. Jesse, Al, the NAACP, and the Black Caucus need to police their own ranks instead of always playing the victim. Suck it up, grow up and become part of the solution like MLK Jr. did. He was a hero and great example for us all and especially the black people. What we are seeing on TV is anarchy and it should be dealt with as such whether they are black or white. And as far as I am concerned no prisoners need to be taken. You fight fire with fire. And most all of the cities waited too long to act. The police and national guard should have been out in full force after the first night. The looters and hoodlums should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. This will not happen though. We are just getting started. We know a lot of this was caused by antifa and people from the outside. And many more innocent people are going to be hurt. The only one that has the guts to treat it like the anarchy it is is Trump. The cities that are run by black mayors and legislatures and Democrats are only going to get worse. They are the perfect example of "eating your own ". If there is civil war, the blacks and the cities will get hurt the most by a long shot. Stand up for right and let the chips fall where they may. Buckle your chin straps ladies and gentlemen. End of rant.

Last edited by Jasper69; 06/01/20 02:22 PM.
Re: Interracial Violence [Re: Law Dog] #6887545
06/01/20 02:45 PM
06/01/20 02:45 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Not about race as much as it being anti establishment now.

ANTIFA and BLM are 90% of it if not more.

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: Sawmill Creek] #6887605
06/01/20 04:14 PM
06/01/20 04:14 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Sawmill Creek

Buffalo General area is like Disneyland compared to Highland ave. You do not want to stop at stop signs or stoplights in that part of town because your car is instantly surrounded by 10-12 people banging on your windows. The only thing to do is start slowly moving and bump them out of the way. It truly is unreal. The cops won't even go close to it unless there are 3-4 cars of them together.

Last edited by yotetrapper30; 06/01/20 04:15 PM.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Interracial Violence [Re: yotetrapper30] #6887610
06/01/20 04:24 PM
06/01/20 04:24 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Sawmill Creek

Buffalo General area is like Disneyland compared to Highland ave. You do not want to stop at stop signs or stoplights in that part of town because your car is instantly surrounded by 10-12 people banging on your windows. The only thing to do is start slowly moving and bump them out of the way. It truly is unreal. The cops won't even go close to it unless there are 3-4 cars of them together.

Bet they wouldn’t do that to the Batmobile.

-Goofy-
Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887614
06/01/20 04:41 PM
06/01/20 04:41 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
even Batman don't go there.Ang. speakum truth.

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: Cibarius] #6887641
06/01/20 05:04 PM
06/01/20 05:04 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Cibarius
Everything leads back to IQ. Don’t matter what color they are. There is a direct correlation between IQ and crime rates, incarceration, income, and nearly all of the disparity issues people complain about. Now go to google (a liberally biased site) and look up average IQ by race. The disparity numbers make total sense! Obviously you cannot judge an individual by IQ as IQ and wisdom are two totally different things but it’s very predictable what to expect from large groups.

We will continue down a dark path until people understand the significance of IQ.

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6887698
06/01/20 06:36 PM
06/01/20 06:36 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Most blacks in this country descended from slaves. Was slavery all that bad? Probably. But how else could they have gained such a large toehold in America so quickly? Maybe today's blacks should be proud and not tear down what their forefathers earned for them.

If anyone on earth was ever perfect it was Christ and he was crucified.

Re: Interracial Violence [Re: Furvor] #6887706
06/01/20 06:44 PM
06/01/20 06:44 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Furvor
Most blacks in this country descended from slaves. Was slavery all that bad? Probably. But how else could they have gained such a large toehold in America so quickly? Maybe today's blacks should be proud and not tear down what their forefathers earned for them.

If anyone on earth was ever perfect it was Christ and he was crucified.

Don't be silly. Why would anybody want to WORK for a living?

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread