No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Boco] #6890107
06/04/20 04:28 PM
06/04/20 04:28 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Boco
He was in the process of straightening out his life by doing fentanyl and passing counterfeit money?
He must have really been bad before.

lol

-Goofy-
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890109
06/04/20 04:29 PM
06/04/20 04:29 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Floyd's criminal history is irrelevant. None of his crimes deserved the death penalty.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890113
06/04/20 04:35 PM
06/04/20 04:35 PM
sw minn.
Flipper Offline
trapper
Flipper  Offline
trapper

sw minn.
Funny how all you see is edited video all the officers had there body cams on. Usually the people press to see the body cam video. This time not why.

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890119
06/04/20 04:52 PM
06/04/20 04:52 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
The guy should not have died in the manner that he did and the police involved should be held accountable. However, he is by no means some upstanding citizen. He was a violent career criminal that had just committed another felony (passing counterfeit money). When you have a rap sheet like that, and the morals to boot, how do you think your life is going to end? If it wasn't the cops this time, it may have been a drug deal gone bad next time or a homeowner with a gun at some point. I don't believe the "turning his life around" crap. Every criminal that gets killed was in the middle of turning their life around. I'm sick to death of that BS story. One thing is pretty certain, he probably wasn't going to die of old age, surrounded by loved ones after doing good his whole life. He died the way most violent criminals die. Violently. Not an excuse for the police involved by any means. I'm merely pointing out the probability. He was anything but the martyr the libs are trying to portray. Here's his sheet:

George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 for a fresh start after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
Floyd died on Monday after a white officer knelt on his neck while arresting him for allegedly paying with a fake $20 bill
None of the officers could have been aware of Floyd's more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest
The 46-year-old had left behind his past in Houston after being released from prison stemming from a 2007 robbery
He plead guilty to entering a pregnant woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in jail for having less than one gram of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
He had another stint for a theft in August 1998

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890120
06/04/20 04:53 PM
06/04/20 04:53 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Saint George got 5 years for breaking in to a house and holding a gun to a woman's stomach while his partner searched for money and drugs. While not worthy of a death sentence it's close.

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Rat Masterson] #6890122
06/04/20 04:54 PM
06/04/20 04:54 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Saint George got 5 years for breaking in to a house and holding a gun to a woman's stomach while his partner searched for money and drugs. While not worthy of a death sentence it's close.

A pregnant woman no less.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890125
06/04/20 04:58 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Candace Owens is an amazing young lady... NY Governor? Senate? Congress?

Let's go Brandon!
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Sharon] #6890126
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Sharon
Well known Candace Owens sums it up well. She is fearless and factual.

^^

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890131
06/04/20 05:09 PM
06/04/20 05:09 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Boco.....taking a deep breath...

Many northerners don't quite understand those deep south terms , much less lived around them , as I have. That's a good thing, too, as traditional southern ways often have a sad past in treatment . The northern states , and Canada , have been largely spared such depressed attitudes . I wish all places were so.

I have seen you be a nice person on here, Boco... you must value good things and information learned in life. If you didn't, you wouldn't be so willing to add such helpful info on trapping techniques to help fellow trappers do their work better and easier, thus gaining in their lives and making better money from quality handled fur. Your videos on scraping easily a hide in sub zero weather , making that job easy . I thought that was so cool. You get no money from your advice, you offer it freely to help others. You have demonstrated a kind helpful nature to others.

Just like so many others here who do the same. That is what makes the type of people here so powerful.

Because of these things, I would like to pay back to you a wee bit of understanding, in the same motive as when you offer info to others that benefits them.

Candace is really , REALLY, not playing the Uncle Tom role.

I well know intimately, what that mindset is, being born and raised in the deep south back east. Quite different than the mid west to more northern black lifestyles. There are even different dialects in speech and terms among black cultures , depending on the south or northern area, and any interracial influence . Whole different worlds , just as in white cultures ...different dialects even among southern whites, depending on the state they live in.

I was partially raised by a black nanny of the old time southern tradition . Her name was Lula May , and she had more common sense than many whites.

The "Uncle Tom" role, is far different than anything Candace ever says, in word and the tone inflection she uses to articulate her thoughts. An Uncle Tom mindset not only reveals itself in simple , uneducated speech (even done on purpose when needed from a brilliant mind), it is submissive, placating, a countenance complete with body language of lowered eyes reminiscent of a servant to a boss.

The "Aunt Jemima " image , such as on the old syrup bottles , is a complete different genre . Of hard workers , yes, hired help who work their hands to the bone , often becoming very beloved members of the household or estates they work for, considered family . Not a few times has the "Aunt J." bailed out a white member, having their backs from trouble , even in legal matters. My Lula May was such a woman . She didn't take no mess from anyone. She gave me mindset of sayings to live by that I have never forgotten to this day. And that work.

Candace lowers her eyes to no one. Her very countenance in posture, facial expression and the brilliance of her thoughts articulated is as opposite to that old demeaning term as night is to day.

She is tackling a generation's old problem that few people of any race has had the courage to tell out loud, much less see and admit. She acknowledges the insulting terms that some whites have used , and the disgust is seen equally in her face.

The things happening these days , I especially think of people like our own Tman Tribe's resident black fella, wolfdog . Such a fun, friendly guy. What a world he lives in , the perspective he must have seeing two clashing colours, blend into a new colour tone he exists in, making it work for his happiness.

And how words from others must have deepened his discernment and patience in dealing with people , knowing most folks don't mean him harm.

None of this is about race. Candace pulls the veil away to simply show what has been an unspoken embarrassment to black culture for generations. She is trying to help all people to see the groups and organizations who take advantage of their own race, and anyone else along the way.

She reveals way beyond the incident at hand now- she shows the motives and undercurrent of control and political predation that has used these things for power and money.

Back to work for me now.

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890133
06/04/20 05:16 PM
06/04/20 05:16 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Here we go again,I never said I thought she was an uncle tom/aunt jemima-that is how the progressive blacks view her as stated in many articles.
Just pointing that out a fact.
Not my view of her.

Last edited by Boco; 06/04/20 05:16 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890135
06/04/20 05:21 PM
06/04/20 05:21 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
He was being the best person he could be...........that's why he moved to Minnieyapolis.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890138
06/04/20 05:22 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
It is puzzling how the media have been portraying him as a "Gentle Giant" who wouldn't hurt a flea, when he's had the history he's had. He didn't deserve being killed, but they should portray him accurately, rather than raising him to sainthood status.

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890140
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Tough if not impossible to bring up past crimes in court a slick lawyer would make sure it’s suppressed. Like said it has nothing to do with him getting killed all they need to focus on is the training not being followed.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890144
06/04/20 05:28 PM
06/04/20 05:28 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Has anybody else noticed that when a lawyer walks in everybody else leaves the room, including the truth.

-Goofy-
Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890147
06/04/20 05:31 PM
06/04/20 05:31 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
figures. Media is hollering pre meditated because he knew him. Maybe because he did know him why he was aware of how he acted

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Snowpa] #6890151
06/04/20 05:34 PM
06/04/20 05:34 PM
NY
R
Rat_Pack Offline
trapper
Rat_Pack  Offline
trapper
R

NY
His bad decisions didn't cause his death. A bad cop caused his death. What he was before or did before his death means nothing. He would never have been memorialized either if it weren't for a bad cop.

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6890154
06/04/20 05:44 PM
06/04/20 05:44 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
It is puzzling how the media have been portraying him as a "Gentle Giant" who wouldn't hurt a flea, when he's had the history he's had. He didn't deserve being killed, but they should portray him accurately, rather than raising him to sainthood status.

I imagine it is the same reason they reported that a WHITE cop killed an unarmed BLACK man. The true racist are fanning the flames and news like that could quench the fire.

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Boco] #6890156
06/04/20 05:45 PM
06/04/20 05:45 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Here we go again,I never said I thought she was an uncle tom/aunt jemima-that is how the progressive blacks view her as stated in many articles.
Not my view of her.

FINALLY SOME CLARITY!! Now I like you again.........for now.

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Rat_Pack] #6890161
06/04/20 05:50 PM
06/04/20 05:50 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
After consulting with the law firm Dewy Cheetum and How there opinion was this. Hey Moe Hey Larry,them cops is toast.

Re: Floyd's criminal history [Re: Boco] #6890167
06/04/20 05:55 PM
06/04/20 05:55 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Not my view of her.

I see what you are meaning, phrasing it this way. I didn't get you the first time you wrote that.

She does take a lot of heat from them because they don't want to admit or look into the facts so they lash out with simpler insults.

If Floyd wasn't high on drugs and acting such in a store so as to alarm the folks working there , the police would not have been called to start with . Just another repeat of what he has been doing most of his life, evidently. It is sad it ended the way it did.

Attention could have been on people doing good things in opening up the economy.

Thanks for the clarification, Boco.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread