No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Went to church today [Re: Bruce T] #6893253
06/07/20 08:18 PM
06/07/20 08:18 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

We will thank the Lord of lords and King of kings!
Great memorable day.

Re: Went to church today [Re: Bruce T] #6893278
06/07/20 08:44 PM
06/07/20 08:44 PM
Michigan
G
Garryowen Offline
trapper
Garryowen  Offline
trapper
G

Michigan
We never did shut down. Every person had to make up their own mind if they were going or not.

Garryowen

Re: Went to church today [Re: Bruce T] #6894249
06/08/20 09:48 PM
06/08/20 09:48 PM
Hubbard , Ohio
H
Honeydog Offline
trapper
Honeydog  Offline
trapper
H

Hubbard , Ohio
We had a council meeting at my church about how we would handle the reopening this month. This is what they came up with : everyone has to wear a mask and gloves. Only two entrances open. Follow lines on the floor to the pews without talking to anyone. You can talk outside in the parking lot afterwards. Do it yourself Communion. You pick up a plastic bag with a wafer and grape juice. I told them , although I am the lay leader at our church , I will not be attending under those rules. I said if you are that afraid we should probably continue on line services only. They did decide to wait another month. Some people are complaining and services may be starting soon. I will not be attending under those circumstances.

Re: Went to church today [Re: Bruce T] #6894267
06/08/20 10:01 PM
06/08/20 10:01 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Honeydog,

Donna and I attended an EFCA church locally yesterday and the pastor was strong! He's been pastoring for 25+ years in Nebraska and just recently was hired here in San Antonio. His comment was that he rarely does what he was about to do as we came together in this church 4 weeks after it opened back up... but he changed the sermon topic he had lined up.

The Spirit was certainly at work as pastor Hod announced that it saddened him to hear more about Covid and demonstrations in the foyer, and as people took a seat, than heard Jesus' name mentioned! 100 to 1!

He was correct to stress to those who follow Christ to stop gossiping, stop giving opinions that don't sound very righteous, and for goodness sake trust that God knows Covid-19 is on earth. He's not caught off guard. Stop complaining and yanking on the rope, but rather lend a hand and be the salt and light.

He went to John 19; the crucifixion. When stressed or anxious, or worried...
Go to the cross.

The redeeming plan of God was known before eternity past, is being carried out now, and will reign in eternity to come.
Covid-19 and demonstrators have many more attending houses of the Lord, and our church was no exception this week!
Many new folks!
Praise God.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Went to church today [Re: Honeydog] #6894275
06/08/20 10:04 PM
06/08/20 10:04 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by Honeydog
We had a council meeting at my church about how we would handle the reopening this month. This is what they came up with : everyone has to wear a mask and gloves. Only two entrances open. Follow lines on the floor to the pews without talking to anyone. You can talk outside in the parking lot afterwards. Do it yourself Communion. You pick up a plastic bag with a wafer and grape juice. I told them , although I am the lay leader at our church , I will not be attending under those rules. I said if you are that afraid we should probably continue on line services only. They did decide to wait another month. Some people are complaining and services may be starting soon. I will not be attending under those circumstances.

Sounds like a church if it were run by the DNC.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Went to church today [Re: Bruce T] #6894298
06/08/20 10:26 PM
06/08/20 10:26 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Our services are supposed to start back this Sunday. However, I feel the myriad of rules are going to stifle the true feeling of worship and fellowship that being in the Father's house usually brings. I will more than likely be attending my folks small church again this Sunday. If I decide to hear my pastor's sermon, I might as well stay home and watch it on TV.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread