No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
So Columbus started the trouble #6895665
06/10/20 11:06 AM
06/10/20 11:06 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline OP
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline OP
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but if it has tell me and I will delete this. Get rid of all of Christopher Columbus and we will have a new beginning. I've never had an obsession with statues but I guess they really stir some up. The only incidence I ever personally knew of to do with a statue was we had a huge statue of a dog in the city library close to school. One night for lack of anything else to do one of our class clowns sprayed some yellow paint under the old dogs tail, sure looked like he had the runs. I still don't to this day know what the significance of the dog is.

But why tear down a statue of Columbus. As one genius stated he was no good and thus our country is no good either. Just think if he had never stumbled into this land of milk and honey. Many of us would still be somewhere else in the world. I guess part of me would still be in Europe and part of me Native American, in other words I most likely would not exist. And just think how many Americans would still be in Africa? Really, where would you rather be?

Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6895675
06/10/20 11:17 AM
06/10/20 11:17 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Might as well destroy the site of the Lost Colony, Jamestown, and Plymouth Rock.

Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6895695
06/10/20 11:38 AM
06/10/20 11:38 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I'd bet Columbus, Ohio will be changing the name of their city.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6895738
06/10/20 12:30 PM
06/10/20 12:30 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
The ones looking to destroy our history sure are not letting go of theirs anytime soon.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Gary Benson] #6895741
06/10/20 12:31 PM
06/10/20 12:31 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
Wonder if they'll destroy Jim the Wonder Dog museum next.

Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6895745
06/10/20 12:38 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but if it has tell me and I will delete this. Get rid of all of Christopher Columbus and we will have a new beginning. I've never had an obsession with statues but I guess they really stir some up. The only incidence I ever personally knew of to do with a statue was we had a huge statue of a dog in the city library close to school. One night for lack of anything else to do one of our class clowns sprayed some yellow paint under the old dogs tail, sure looked like he had the runs. I still don't to this day know what the significance of the dog is.

But why tear down a statue of Columbus. As one genius stated he was no good and thus our country is no good either. Just think if he had never stumbled into this land of milk and honey. Many of us would still be somewhere else in the world. I guess part of me would still be in Europe and part of me Native American, in other words I most likely would not exist. And just think how many Americans would still be in Africa? Really, where would you rather be?

The goal is to erase history and replace it with a made up history. I hate to use the analogy since it's so over used and wrongly used these days but the Nazi's tried the same thing in WWII. In major areas where Jews had settled, they tried to erase everything about them including their history. The same is happening here with, in most instances, full local government support. These are truly dangerous times we are living in. We could very easily lose it all, our freedom, our country, our security, our rights and even our history. These people are evil to the core and this is only the beginning. Lord help us if they ever achieve total power.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6895746
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Much of this is what young people are taught in schools. Most of this is coming from these young people who idolize Bernie Sanders. Lord help us if they are America's future.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6895763
06/10/20 12:57 PM
06/10/20 12:57 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Might as well cgange the name of this country also.

Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6896125
06/10/20 08:55 PM
06/10/20 08:55 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Maybe my mother said it best: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face."

Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Finster] #6896129
06/10/20 08:57 PM
06/10/20 08:57 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Finster

The goal is to erase history and replace it with a made up history. I hate to use the analogy since it's so over used and wrongly used these days but the Nazi's tried the same thing in WWII. In major areas where Jews had settled, they tried to erase everything about them including their history. The same is happening here with, in most instances, full local government support. These are truly dangerous times we are living in. We could very easily lose it all, our freedom, our country, our security, our rights and even our history. These people are evil to the core and this is only the beginning. Lord help us if they ever achieve total power.

yup

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6896369
06/11/20 07:19 AM
06/11/20 07:19 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
As much as we dislike the idea of it, us older, sensible folks will have to take this country back......or lose it. What side are you on?

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6896380
06/11/20 07:26 AM
06/11/20 07:26 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Its not made up history. Columbus was a slaver. What most people dont want to know is EVERY culture at that time in human history had slave's. That fact doesn't make slavery right but it does put the practice in perspective. No matter what or who found the America's first Columbus is the man who put them on the map. An incredible feat when you realize it was 500 years ago.

I will share a hole with you Lee.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Law Dog] #6896384
06/11/20 07:29 AM
06/11/20 07:29 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Law Dog
The ones looking to destroy our history sure are not letting go of theirs anytime soon.

lol

-Goofy-
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Finster] #6896385
06/11/20 07:32 AM
06/11/20 07:32 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Finster

Get rid of the Jewish history then get rid of the Jews.

Get rid of the white history then.........

-Goofy-
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6896387
06/11/20 07:34 AM
06/11/20 07:34 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Columbus only REALLY got popular during FDR's days. He wanted to swing the dago vote his way.

He never set foot on what became the USA. Much rather recognize founders of Jamestown, Roanoke or some other early founders that established what America became.

Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6896401
06/11/20 08:04 AM
06/11/20 08:04 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Columbus is the man that started European world exploration. He died thinking he had found a new part of India but that doesn’t diminish the feat.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: danny clifton] #6896403
06/11/20 08:09 AM
06/11/20 08:09 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Columbus is the man that started European world exploration. He died thinking he had found a new part of India but that doesn’t diminish the feat.

Might want to brush up on history Danny. Euro world exploration started well before Columbus. Remember at the time Portugal and Spain were neck and neck exploring the seas and Portugal was leading. The pope decided that Spain could have one half of the world and Portugal the other. That's why Spain dominated the Americas and Portugal Africa and the Indian Ocean. Brazil was just far enough east that Portugal could lay claim. The urge to go West was based on Nordic explores' stories. Did Columbus have a huge impact? Absolutely. But it was more for Latin America. Britain had already been fishing off the coast. It wasn't until they wanted to grow out of their little island 150 years later that they threw their hat in and really got things going.

Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: danny clifton] #6896404
06/11/20 08:10 AM
06/11/20 08:10 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by danny clifton

Europeans were travelling all over the globe way before Columbus.

The Vikings settled in Greenland and Canada.

Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: Foxpaw] #6896416
06/11/20 08:26 AM
06/11/20 08:26 AM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
No history is exempt for these people. They want to destroy all of it so people forget.

Just passin through
Re: So Columbus started the trouble [Re: charles] #6896448
06/11/20 09:02 AM
06/11/20 09:02 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by charles
Might as well destroy the site of the Lost Colony, Jamestown, and Plymouth Rock.

Don't give them any ideas

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread