No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896111
06/10/20 08:42 PM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline
trapper

Wabash, IN USA
Very sorry for your Sons loss and for the boys family.

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896112
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
I wrote this three days ago. I don't know if it's silly or if will ever help anyone:

Remember life is free
When it seems you always lose
Do not choose to cease to be

Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896203
06/10/20 10:33 PM
06/10/20 10:33 PM
Washington
C
cat daddy Offline
trapper
cat daddy  Offline
trapper
C

Washington
When I had gurlfriend issues, I would just get a new one or two. Times have changed.

Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896254
06/10/20 11:19 PM
06/10/20 11:19 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
I'm 58 had friends take their lives back in the 70's and 80's. When I was being used as a punching bag physically and emotionally as a kid I had those thoughts. Not just a new thing. Hard to type this but maybe it helps perspective for some.

Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: cat daddy] #6896274
06/10/20 11:50 PM
06/10/20 11:50 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
everybody handles life's challenges differently:
Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
When I was being used as a punching bag physically and emotionally as a kid I had those thoughts.
In that position I had some thoughts of death, too. But, not MY death.
Originally Posted by cat daddy
When I had gurlfriend issues, I would just get a new one or two..
Me too. Girls are a dime a dozen. Sooner or later one might stick.

That said, I have the deepest sympathy for the poor guy that never got the support, or guidance to handle a tough situation. I'm not sure what it is; but, that seems to be a way too common happening in this whacko world today.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896285
06/11/20 12:07 AM
06/11/20 12:07 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
My most sincere condolences. That's a shame and never will understand why people do that.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896292
06/11/20 12:18 AM
06/11/20 12:18 AM
Saskatchewan
S
Saskquatch Offline
trapper
Saskquatch  Offline
trapper
S

Saskatchewan
My 14 year old son just recently lost a good friend as well. He was an exceptional football player, was magical. He and my son, who was about a foot shorter than him, and a fraction of the player won the city championships. We were in Arizona when we got the news. Slit his wrists in the bathroom, was gone when they found him. Came from a recently separated family. Not sayin nuthin, but if you don't think your f'd up marriages have an impact on your kids...you're crazy.

Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896311
06/11/20 12:56 AM
06/11/20 12:56 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by greenetrapper
Not sure how the stuff happens. Never once when I was a young man did I have problems big enough to make me do something like this. This kid has been to my house many times for birthday parties and sleepovers. He was a good kid. His mom was a good person who did the best she could with him. Just sharing this to help the family out. Feel free to share if you can. It don't seem real. https://gf.me/u/x8awj9

my sons friend and co-worker the kid who got him his job took his life in March a few days after the stay at home orders for Covid.

it was so hard to get real info , kids all communicate with chat and everyone was at home no good way to get the info out and be sure it was real for all the million ways to communicate. learning about it via text message there was a some concern that it was a prank till it could be confirmed.

Unfortunately I had seen this before much like my cousins friend did about 27 years ago, both small farm towns , both jumped from the corn bin.

you just don't fully know what do to as a parent when your kids are going through this. uncharted parenting territory.

mostly remind everyone they can come and talk with you and there is never a need for that.

sorry for your sons loss , and for your loss.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896355
06/11/20 06:54 AM
06/11/20 06:54 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

It is speculated that suicide, which is now becoming more common all around us (our little TX town had two high school boys kill themselves in separate events two months apart)
has a different cause.

Not that long ago, therapists, councilors, and medical clinicians hypothesized it was mostly those with little hope of a future, or those who were afflicted or abused, who ended their own lives. Therapists deemed these as individuals who had lost hope in tomorrow and saw no need to endure.

Now, we have too many who seemingly have "everything" in life, who are killing themselves. My pastoral care courses in seminary have been eye opening as we learn of an American culture, the richest in human history, who have those with the most "stuff" killing themselves.

That was the case here in small town TX. Both these boys came from upper middle class families. They had, as some would define, "everything." 2 parent homes, nice house, cars. sports, good grades, etc.

So we ponder at one of this nation's leading seminaries, from profs who have taught for decades, if we as a nation have labored long and hard for stuff at the expense of the human soul.

As we walk away from the One who created us, and we labor for purposes other than what He intended for His Image Bearers, it seems some poor souls feel empty.

This is a very, very important discussion to have with our children as they now raise the next generation. Life is about success, and freedom, and personal choices, and a host of sports leagues, and so much stuff.... that we can lose the purpose of why we are even here? My folks and my grandparents eternally helped me by raising my family to succeed but with a perspective that there is a God, and we are not.

Sadly, the majority in our country now scoff at this old fashioned thinking.
One of the families who lost their only son Dillon at age 17, his father a military officer who taught classes on suicide prevention here at a military base in San Antonio (who I've become good friends with after helping trap some gophers on their property) just had their only daughter baptized in the name of the Lord this week at our church. Talk about a tear filled blessing. But God will help keep her and protect her so there were plenty of smiles also!

Speaking of, we had MANY new folks in church this week. Seems the pandemic and riots and all that is happening has quite a few reevaluating...
What and who will be remembered in 150 years.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896377
06/11/20 07:26 AM
06/11/20 07:26 AM
PA Venango Co.
R
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper
Ron Marsh  Offline
trapper
R

PA Venango Co.
I do understand. prayers for your family and the friends family.

PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-516-2923
Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896437
06/11/20 08:43 AM
06/11/20 08:43 AM
N E Nebraska
S
sotired Offline
trapper
sotired  Offline
trapper
S

N E Nebraska
Very sorry to hear this. Prayers

"Education, transportation, and communication, that's what ruined the world."
Re: My son's friend took his own life [Re: greenetrapper] #6896439
06/11/20 08:46 AM
06/11/20 08:46 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Very sorry to hear that. So many people are wandering with no direction these days.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread