No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6898702
06/13/20 06:14 PM
06/13/20 06:14 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
They said they had come across my web site. And figured I would be a good candidate.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6898709
06/13/20 06:26 PM
06/13/20 06:26 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Online content
trapper
Moosetrot  Online Content
trapper
M

Wisconsin
I was contacted by "Naked and Afraid" but they dropped me when I refused to take off my Green and Gold thong.

Moosetrot

Re: ALONE? [Re: The Beav] #6898863
06/13/20 10:08 PM
06/13/20 10:08 PM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Originally Posted by The Beav
They said they had come across my web site. And figured I would be a good candidate.

Thanks for the website.
I could tell that you're respected here.
First time this site came alive for me was in Marshfield, Wisconsin
Where I met a lot of the people behind the posts on this site.

Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6898889
06/13/20 10:27 PM
06/13/20 10:27 PM
La.
G
Gator Foot Offline
trapper
Gator Foot  Offline
trapper
G

La.
The guy that won last season, could make a 100 days. He knew what he was doing! I wonder if they ever going to put all the past winners against each other? That would make a show.

Re: ALONE? [Re: Gator Foot] #6898893
06/13/20 10:30 PM
06/13/20 10:30 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Gator Foot
The guy that won last season, could make a 100 days. He knew what he was doing! I wonder if they ever going to put all the past winners against each other? That would make a show.

I'm sure that's coming.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: ALONE? [Re: Gator Foot] #6898925
06/13/20 11:06 PM
06/13/20 11:06 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin

That guy just barley made It If the gal would have held off for one more day she would have won. The guy had lost 80lbs and they would have medically tapped him out.
It was the guy who had shot the moose right.

Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6898943
06/13/20 11:25 PM
06/13/20 11:25 PM
La.
G
Gator Foot Offline
trapper
Gator Foot  Offline
trapper
G

La.
Yes, that’s him. He did lose a lot of weight. But, he started running his net under the ice. He had caught some fish, right before he won. That girl, impressed me. She hung in there!

Re: ALONE? [Re: cmcf] #6898947
06/13/20 11:27 PM
06/13/20 11:27 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by cmcf
The way I understood it they had to do the hundred. So potentially 10. Winners. But one is already gone, he lost his fire steel. That is one tool along with the knife ax and bow that I would pay close attention to its whereabouts.
One of the others didn’t bring a bow, cause he doesn’t hunt. Pretty good with a rock at least once though.
My hats off to them all for the grit to even try, though I’m pretty sure some of them don’t really understand the severity of the challenges they face.

Wish I was forty years younger, I’d give them a run for the money.

Spoiler Alert^^^^

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6898949
06/13/20 11:28 PM
06/13/20 11:28 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Catch22
I watched season 6, what a joke ya bunch of sissies. I got a rabbit, I will cry. The sun came up, I will cry. You all are knothead's.

Hater grin

grin

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: ALONE? [Re: cmcf] #6898958
06/13/20 11:47 PM
06/13/20 11:47 PM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Originally Posted by cmcf
The way I understood it they had to do the hundred. So potentially 10. Winners. But one is already gone, he lost his fire steel. That is one tool along with the knife ax and bow that I would pay close attention to its whereabouts.
One of the others didn’t bring a bow, cause he doesn’t hunt. Pretty good with a rock at least once though.
My hats off to them all for the grit to even try, though I’m pretty sure some of them don’t really understand the severity of the challenges they face.

Wish I was forty years younger, I’d give them a run for the money.

Should call them.
Would be a great new show Wish I was 40 years younger Alone !
Be like a cross between Grumpy Old Men and Benny Hill grin

Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6898978
06/14/20 12:23 AM
06/14/20 12:23 AM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
I watched the show the other nite. The guy that lost his fire steel.... sounded like he knew what he was doing. But I questioned his ability. He was making a mansion to live in. Way to much to heat when the sub zero temps hit. Another thing is a couple of contestants waited for a few days... or a week to really get going. I would be designing and building my shelter before the copter was out of site. Seems like they all use tarps and moss and pine branches for making a shelter then burn a fire inside. A disaster waiting to happen as stuff dries out. I wonder why some don't construct a fireplace type heater (with a chimney just tall enough to catch a draft) in their shelter. There looks to be plenty rocks and you could use mud ( camp is always around water) as mortar. Then build a small well insulated hut. I know in other shows people got thin..... but it takes a lot of calories to stay warm. A good hut with lots of wood piled nearby would be a huge plus in one's effort to survive.

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6898979
06/14/20 12:26 AM
06/14/20 12:26 AM
S.W.Oregon
newhouse114 Offline
trapper
newhouse114  Offline
trapper

S.W.Oregon
Actually, the winner of last year only was about 15 pounds under his normal weight when it was all over.

Life Member NTA & FTA
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index
Re: ALONE? [Re: The Beav] #6899034
06/14/20 06:15 AM
06/14/20 06:15 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

That guy just barley made It If the gal would have held off for one more day she would have won. The guy had lost 80lbs and they would have medically tapped him out.

I only caught the last episode of last season. I was confused, This guy shot a moose and ate it plus fish and what not and still lost 80lbs in less than 80 days? Did something steal most of his meat? I know he had wolverine problems.

Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6899092
06/14/20 07:51 AM
06/14/20 07:51 AM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
White I was told they shot a episode in the little belt mtns not to far away from here I missed seeing it and I'm not a fan of the show .
Allan

Re: ALONE? [Re: The Beav] #6899126
06/14/20 08:43 AM
06/14/20 08:43 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA

No, that is the way the show portrayed it to make it look competitive, but Jordan was not going anywhere and the girl was in a really bad way. That is straight from what Wynona said after she was allowed to talk about it.

Last edited by PAskinner; 06/14/20 08:44 AM.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6899131
06/14/20 08:49 AM
06/14/20 08:49 AM
La.
G
Gator Foot Offline
trapper
Gator Foot  Offline
trapper
G

La.
Yes. The wolverine ate the fat of the moose. That’s why he lost weight. He started to catch fish. He might, could have hung on a lot longer, like that! The Alaskan guide looks like he will go far, that’s if he doesn’t get hurt!

Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6899165
06/14/20 09:36 AM
06/14/20 09:36 AM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline
trapper
Hutchy  Offline
trapper
H

Yup, I just watched it. I haven't watched the past few seasons. I got a kick out of the lady who blew a snot out of her nose one minute and cried over a bunny the next. She seems like she has a good chance though. She can build a nest like a wren. If I was the guy from TN I would have at least stuck it out a couple days, looked for that steel and if nothing else, at least tried with a bow and drill. Then again, before I went on that show I would make darn sure I was an expert in fire making with various methods.

The lady who blew snot out her nose is a very good friend of mine, and a trapper to boot.

Her name is Kielyn, and she has quite the flair for the dramatic. Knows how to act to the crowd. She gave an impromptu speech at my wedding a few years ago. Was hilarious.

I spent a week guiding a "life on the trapline" course with them this past February. Trapping in northern Ontario solely off of snowshoe, staying in tents, and skinning and butchering beaver and other critters.

The group we took out were from all over the world, and loved every second of the hard work. Nothing like beaver stew after a hard day pulling toboggan. You can probably see the pics on their website.

Watched her get her hand mashed in a 330 belisle this winter. Lol. Took it like a champ!

Knowing her and her antics during scenarios during wilderness first responder training, survival training etc, I think she has a good chance of winning.

Her and her husbands honeymoon was a 40 day unsupported snowshoe expedition on the missinabi river.

She's got the skills if she can keep her head in the game.

Check Kielyn and Dave out at their website www.lureofthenorth.com

I might even be in a few of their older videos if ya look close.

Last edited by Hutchy; 06/14/20 09:37 AM.
Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6899169
06/14/20 09:45 AM
06/14/20 09:45 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
I can't imagine butchering a moose with a leather man. Then they showed one of his fish with just the skin chewed off and he blamed It on the wolverine. I call BS on that one, that wolverine would have ate the whole fish or hauled It off. Looked like bird or rodent work to me.
I thought that the show was filmed In the Arctic not Montana.

I see that some of them took a bow. Why wouldn't you opt to use a fishing rod instead of a bow. Maybe that's not one of the 10 items you can pick from.

No matter how tough you think you are I bet most of us would fail.

Re: ALONE? [Re: Hutchy] #6899171
06/14/20 09:48 AM
06/14/20 09:48 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Hutchy
Yup, I just watched it. I haven't watched the past few seasons. I got a kick out of the lady who blew a snot out of her nose one minute and cried over a bunny the next. She seems like she has a good chance though. She can build a nest like a wren. If I was the guy from TN I would have at least stuck it out a couple days, looked for that steel and if nothing else, at least tried with a bow and drill. Then again, before I went on that show I would make darn sure I was an expert in fire making with various methods.

The lady who blew snot out her nose is a very good friend of mine, and a trapper to boot.

Her name is Kielyn, and she has quite the flair for the dramatic. Knows how to act to the crowd. She gave an impromptu speech at my wedding a few years ago. Was hilarious.

I spent a week guiding a "life on the trapline" course with them this past February. Trapping in northern Ontario solely off of snowshoe, staying in tents, and skinning and butchering beaver and other critters.

The group we took out were from all over the world, and loved every second of the hard work. Nothing like beaver stew after a hard day pulling toboggan. You can probably see the pics on their website.

Watched her get her hand mashed in a 330 belisle this winter. Lol. Took it like a champ!

Knowing her and her antics during scenarios during wilderness first responder training, survival training etc, I think she has a good chance of winning.

Her and her husbands honeymoon was a 40 day unsupported snowshoe expedition on the missinabi river.

She's got the skills if she can keep her head in the game.

Check Kielyn and Dave out at their website www.lureofthenorth.com

I might even be in a few of their older videos if ya look close.

Yup, she really seems to know her stuff. Just from the few people I've seen so far, this lady and the dude from Alaska are going to be hold outs. Maybe they will both win. Biology Boy on the other hand is doomed. He will be out quickly I believe although killing the squirrel with a rock was pretty darn impressive. I doubt he will have the will power though.

Re: ALONE? [Re: Finster] #6899190
06/14/20 10:03 AM
06/14/20 10:03 AM
H
Hutchy Offline
trapper
Hutchy  Offline
trapper
H

Yup, she really seems to know her stuff. Just from the few people I've seen so far, this lady and the dude from Alaska are going to be hold outs. Maybe they will both win. Biology Boy on the other hand is doomed. He will be out quickly I believe although killing the squirrel with a rock was pretty darn impressive. I doubt he will have the will power though. [/quote]

Never know. All the skill in the world might not be enough if you cant keep your head on straight. We are social creatures, and can act much differently when totally alone.

We shall see!

She has seen the final edit, and while it isn't a complete reflection of reality, she is happy with the final product of the show.

Last edited by Hutchy; 06/14/20 10:05 AM.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread