No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Conquerors and despots of world history [Re: ] #6899918
06/15/20 05:09 AM
06/15/20 05:09 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
I'm not Mark, but I'd like to jump in and answer a couple questions from my own theology. I hope Mark gets back on in the morning and corrects me where necessary grin. I have great respect for Mark and his school.

Moses comparable to Jesus: if you look at the simple definition of the word "messiah" as a "deliverer, " then yes Moses certainly was one. So were Joseph, Samson and Saul, just to name a few that come to mind. They all saved the Jews from something/someone. Jesus alone was God incarnate, and saved humankind from something no man ever good, their own sins. That is essentially the crux of the matter of Christianity as a faith vs. a theory: if you believe Jesus is who he said he is, then it means everything. If you don't believe Jesus was who he said he was, then it means nothing. If not the son of God, then He's historically insignificant.

Holy Spirit doesn't get much airtime in the Bible: To answer your question at face value, the Holy Spirit doesn't get much airtime because the Holy Spirit was introduced as such by Christ, and the Bible ends shortly after Christ's death.
However, the "Spirit of God" is described many times throughout the Old Testament. Whether that's the same as the "Holy Spirit" described in the New Testament is a matter of individual trinitarian theology, and there are many opinions in that topic.
On the matter of the Trinity--the "Three in One"--some people focus more on the three and some on the one. My personal opinion is that the Trinity describes 3 manifestations of 1 diety, and God gets the same airtime no matter which manifestation is displayed. The New Testament describes the Holy Spirit as both the "Spirit of God" and the "Spirit of Christ"; Christ called it "My Spirit" and also said "I and the Father are One." My theology says they are fully the same, and therefore saying the Spirit gets less exposure is like saying my left hand has fewer friends than my right because fewer people shake it. It's irrelevant. Like I said though, there are many different opinions on the Trinity and I look forward to hearing Mark's.

Answers in the Bible about mysteries/ extraterrestrials?
The Bible is not intended to answer every question. It's meant to answer the important questions, those of faith, God and morality. There are many, many things simply not addressed in the Bible. Like microbes, viruses, DNA, metallurgy, petroleum, computers, wireless technology, astronomy, modern medicine, machinery, etc. There are simply a lot of things that the Bible is not intended to address, and we humans get the joy of unraveling the mysteries over the millennia. There are fascinating mysteries in the history of the world like you described, and just because the Bible doesn't answer them doesn't mean they're in conflict. Why would they be? And I don't know if Mark's school teaches anything about UFOs, but I wouldn't expect them to any more than a medical school. Why would they?

Last edited by KenaiKid; 06/15/20 05:11 AM.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: Conquerors and despots of world history [Re: ] #6899941
06/15/20 05:58 AM
06/15/20 05:58 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

KanaiKid,

I'm poking my head in TMan for just a moment as I have traps to check today and a Doctrine of God assignment due tomorrow that is formatted in the great tradition of Western Aristotelian logic on the Doctrine of Christ, so I don't have too much time to offer, but I'll thank you for a fine post.

Thank you for the kind words about DTS, founded in 1924 to "Preach the Word." Literally.
Perhaps I'll add that the One God is explained as 3 persons and some haven't liked that term, so they use other terms to explain the three "functions" of the Godhead. There is a plurality of functionality written by various human authors, Inspired by the Spirit, in both the Hebrew and Greek Scripture that is compelling. James is incorrect, the Spirit receives much air play. As do all three of the persons of the Triune God.

Some say, that's hard to figure and that is so very true. Christ Himself is one person with 2 natures = God-man. 100% God and 100% man in unity. How is that possible? Let's remember that we view everything by all that we know and all that we have experienced. There has only ever been one who came and dwelled among us from Heaven and that was Jesus, the Messiah, so how can we assert that Jesus, God from Heaven (infinite) is like us who are finite? We can't.

Oh, and it's good to remember in any discussion that it's all about the context of words. Messiah can, as you mention, mean deliverer, but a common context is also the deliverer from sin =redeemer = only one = Christ.

Solid post brother.
Thank you!
Blessings.
Mark

Re: Conquerors and despots of world history [Re: ] #6900004
06/15/20 08:05 AM
06/15/20 08:05 AM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
We are created in God's image God is 3 in one 3 person's in one so he created us 3 in one there is Travis in the flesh, Travis in the mind, and Travis in the heart. He created us in a way to show us him we are 3 in one so if we believe there is a God why can't we believe he is 3 in one. We can and will never fully understand the trinity or God so we have his word. I hear people say God knows everything so he knows if I'm gonna accept Christ and go to heaven or why does he let bad things happen to good people. The way I look at it or as I see God is not only dose God know everything he knows every decision you could or will make he sees every choice every person could make at one time. Why do I think this it's because he gave us freewill and the Bible says that Christ stood slain from the foundation of the world. I say to anyone that doesn't believe in God or have accepted Christ as you personal savor just ask God to show you the truth and pick up a Bible and and read. Believe me he will he showed me some of the things I have experienced maybe no one would believe.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: Conquerors and despots of world history [Re: ] #6900013
06/15/20 08:20 AM
06/15/20 08:20 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Some people have no soul.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Conquerors and despots of world history [Re: Mr. Ed] #6900105
06/15/20 11:01 AM
06/15/20 11:01 AM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
Who wrote the book of Enoch (spelling) and how come it was discarded out of the Bible? Not trying to be smart,just curious. Need some schooling.

Re: Conquerors and despots of world history [Re: ] #6900113
06/15/20 11:16 AM
06/15/20 11:16 AM

O
Oh Snap OP
Unregistered
Oh Snap OP
Unregistered
O

Finally a subject Boco knows nothing about.........but could!

Re: Conquerors and despots of world history [Re: ] #6900132
06/15/20 11:50 AM
06/15/20 11:50 AM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Oh, he knows plenty on the subject. Just playing coy.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread