No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900855
06/16/20 07:30 AM
06/16/20 07:30 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland

Originally Posted by James
Some of the stats Vischer cites really caught my attention.

The average black family has only one-tenth the wealth of the average white family.

Blacks and whites use illegal drugs at about equal levels, but blacks are six times more likely to go to prison on drug charges than whites.

Jim

Where they do their drugs probably has more to do with that stat than color.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900859
06/16/20 07:43 AM
06/16/20 07:43 AM
ohio
T
tomahawker Offline
trapper
tomahawker  Offline
trapper
T

ohio
Average age of white male-58 years
Average age of black male-27 years

Who makes more money?

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900863
06/16/20 07:47 AM
06/16/20 07:47 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Since drug use is illegal how was that statement ever presented as fact? Its not like the people using illegal drugs advertise. I doubt the percentage of population is even close when divided along racial lines.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900869
06/16/20 07:52 AM
06/16/20 07:52 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
These threads are started only to start trouble and cause division.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900875
06/16/20 08:00 AM
06/16/20 08:00 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
I don't doubt for a second that there is racism out there - especially against blacks. I've personally witnessed it too many times. I know blacks and other minorities are at a disadvantage. But I am certain the extent of that racism, especially on an institutional level, is highly exaggerated. Heck, even the title of this thread exhibits prejudice and racism.

I've been the victim of discrimination and racism myself. From blatant, in-your-face, racism - being called "honkey", "cracker", and "biscuit", to losing customers and business because I'm a gentile, a man, a yankee, or not a mason. Everyone has to experience it to some degree. That's unjust and it's wrong. But it's life. Best to quit crying about it and get on with things. Do the best you can in this wicked world in which we live.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900878
06/16/20 08:05 AM
06/16/20 08:05 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Whites are just as bad . Don't you remember the riots in the 90's when they burned down L.A. Oh that's right didn't happen. If it don't fit you must acquit.

All these cases getting ready for trial now will have to be all guilty or there will will be lots of fires.

Last edited by Foxpaw; 06/16/20 08:07 AM.
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900881
06/16/20 08:07 AM
06/16/20 08:07 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Lived in Chicago for years growing up I worked with all kinds of people never had racial issues. It was funny the lack of trust many Blacks had for other Blacks in seeking services. I was in the auto repair parts dept and body shop repair for many years.

The things that stuck in my mind was the lack of trust of avoiding the hustle from their own people and the idea of needing bars on your house to protect what you have. Lots of sad stories of houses burning and people stuck inside because of them bars.

We had a Chicago Firemen that came out one year with some buddies from Chicago that one minute talked all racist then he tells a story of fires in a high rise apartments that killed kids and you could see the PTSD he was reliving again. Again I never got that the 2 ideas seemed a world apart.

Worked at a youth center for many years we had a kid from Mnpls there for a hate crime, he burnt a cross in a lawn of a Black family it made the news it was a big deal. His best friend while there was a Black kid from down South for his time at the Academy. So go figure.

I ran into the prosecutor at a training and told her about the 2 becoming friends her reply was “we are far beyond that”, I just shook my head and walked away.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900904
06/16/20 08:33 AM
06/16/20 08:33 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Today we have zero parent families really in all races with coyote style parenting “old enough to walk your on your own”. Your seeing the results of that today playing out on the streets.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900917
06/16/20 08:49 AM
06/16/20 08:49 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Maybe Blacks feel betrayed by the Black leaders they vote for that do nothing to help them or their communities and are the ones to blame. A harsh reality, but true.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900919
06/16/20 08:53 AM
06/16/20 08:53 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Newt
When have you heard of other racises burn down their own homes and neighbor hoods ?

Sounds kind of ridiculous when you put it that way.

I sure can't explain that behavior. But I don't believe it's due to some racial defect.

Jim

I believe it's due to false indoctrination. Among other things...rewarding people for not working for example.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900921
06/16/20 08:54 AM
06/16/20 08:54 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
It's been well documented that white privilege is the problem. Especially in college sports and professional sports. Blacks will never blame other blacks. Even in Chicago an other big cities.
Black police chiefs, black city managers, black council members, black mayors, black governors. Democrat leadership for 50 years yet it's white Republicans blamed. And it isn't going to change.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900928
06/16/20 08:59 AM
06/16/20 08:59 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I puzzle over alot of this but one interesting phenomena of the current situation is the it's either a genetic issue or a political one. Why do I say that?
Because the same complaints are being levied in Great Britain and Europe as well.

[Linked Image]
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: pcr2] #6900935
06/16/20 09:07 AM
06/16/20 09:07 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by pcr2
Bounty--the quicker picker upper

Sparkle is a better Value!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900940
06/16/20 09:14 AM
06/16/20 09:14 AM
Michigan
G
Garryowen Offline
trapper
Garryowen  Offline
trapper
G

Michigan
Everybody has problems. I don't look at the situation and say all my problems are because I'm white. If I want better to have a better life I need to figure out what I need to do and do it. I don't stand around and say I don't have a good job because I'm white If I need more education, I go out and get it. I need to shut up and pay attention in class because I am going to need this when I get a job. If I don't have a good car or house it's not because I'm white. I have to go out and get a job that pays enough to buy them. If I want to live in a good neighborhood and don't want people moving out. Then I don't sell drugs on the street. Or burn my neighbor's house down. Or leave cars sitting on cement blocks. Or not mowing my lawn.

They are not moving out because I'm white. They are moving out because I'm not being a good neighbor.

Garryowen

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900943
06/16/20 09:21 AM
06/16/20 09:21 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
I don't care why blacks are upset. I refuse to let the left (Jim) set the agenda. I wish everybody would focus on our real problems, but they won't.

Last edited by Dirt; 06/16/20 09:21 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900954
06/16/20 09:39 AM
06/16/20 09:39 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Some of the stats Vischer cites really caught my attention.

The average black family has only one-tenth the wealth of the average white family.

Blacks and whites use illegal drugs at about equal levels, but blacks are six times more likely to go to prison on drug charges than whites.

Jim

There could be many reasons for that other than systemic racism. For example, I'm 38 years old and this past year is the first time in my life that I bought a pair of boots that cost more than $30. I work with several young black men at Lowe's that literally own a different pair of $200 tennis shoes for each day of the week. Seems like quite the expenditure when you're raising 3 kids and making $15/hr. Perhaps the average white family has more wealth because they're better managers of their money?

I'm also not surprised by those drug statistics. When I was young, the white people I knew were super cautious about how and where they bought and used their drugs. They would make a phone call and discretely meet somewhere like in the bathroom of a restaurant or bar. The black users I know would often times be buying drugs from a busy street corner, crowded parking lot, or known drug house. Not surprising they got caught more often.

The guy in that video proposes one of the biggest issues was industry moving out of inner cities and into the suburbs. Well, I would question WHY did they move? If I was a business owner in Minneapolis or Atlanta right now, I would be moving out as well. They make it sound as though having to find a way to work in a suburb outside of a city is an insurmountable obstacle for black people, and yet it is something that rural people have always had to deal with.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: Dirt] #6900959
06/16/20 09:43 AM
06/16/20 09:43 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Dirt
I don't care why blacks are upset. I refuse to let the left (Jim) set the agenda. I wish everybody would focus on our real problems, but they won't.

I agree but would say it a little different. I wish everybody would focus on THEIR real problems.

As a group, it is easier for blacks to blame other groups for systemic problems in THEIR group. Voluntary unemployment, welfare dependence, crime, absent fathers in the home and other culturally messed up aspects of THEIR group (like placing less value on education, blaming everyone else for everything, hip hop, etc.) are the problem.

I'm not THEIR problem. I'm not guilty for THEIR problems. I'm tired of paying for THEIR problems. I don't care about slavery or Jim Crow--it's over. I just want everyone to be productive members of this society. It's not that difficult.

And, for the record, white people have problems too. So do Hispanics. The biggest difference is that as groups we're too busy working to burn down our own neighborhoods.

Obviously, there are plenty of black people that are employed, not on welfare, do not commit crimes, raise their families and value education. Those people get it. As for the deadbeat whites and Hispanics (there are plenty of both), see above. It applies to you too.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: Garryowen] #6900967
06/16/20 09:53 AM
06/16/20 09:53 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Garryowen
Everybody has problems. I don't look at the situation and say all my problems are because I'm white. If I want better to have a better life I need to figure out what I need to do and do it. I don't stand around and say I don't have a good job because I'm white If I need more education, I go out and get it. I need to shut up and pay attention in class because I am going to need this when I get a job. If I don't have a good car or house it's not because I'm white. I have to go out and get a job that pays enough to buy them. If I want to live in a good neighborhood and don't want people moving out. Then I don't sell drugs on the street. Or burn my neighbor's house down. Or leave cars sitting on cement blocks. Or not mowing my lawn.

They are not moving out because I'm white. They are moving out because I'm not being a good neighbor.

Garryowen

You got it all wrong, you get stuff because you are just lucky !

Thomas Jefferson said he was lucky and the harder he worked the luckier he got. Might as well forget those words Jefferson had slaves! Its all luck in finding a good fire sale.

Pay me no attention, when common sense has flew out the window. I find sarcasm somehow vents stupidity.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900969
06/16/20 09:58 AM
06/16/20 09:58 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
This guy makes a pretty convincing case that there IS systemic racism in America.

He doesn't try to excuse the violence, just explains some of the strong feelings we're seeing.

Jim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUwcs9qJXY&feature=youtu.be

I think a lot of black people are upset because they have been lied to, manipulated by, and used for votes by white liberal democrats for the last 70 years.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6900973
06/16/20 10:04 AM
06/16/20 10:04 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
If you have a BLACK lab your going to have to call It a colored lab or other wise your going to be called racist.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread