No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901662
06/16/20 11:23 PM
06/16/20 11:23 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Blacks who get educated and dont talk in gibberish are considered sellouts to the Black culture and race.

Last edited by Boco; 06/16/20 11:23 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901667
06/16/20 11:25 PM
06/16/20 11:25 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
.. Canadians are sub Saharan Africans turned inside out

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901672
06/16/20 11:28 PM
06/16/20 11:28 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Yep,were the opposite.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901679
06/16/20 11:36 PM
06/16/20 11:36 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Boco,

If I say you're from the "bush," is that considered racially unacceptable? Or can I still call my Canuck friends bushmeisters?
Not Busch.
Not H.W. Bush.
Bush as in, the bush 'eh.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901690
06/17/20 12:01 AM
06/17/20 12:01 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You can call me anything you want Mark,just dont call me late for dinner.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901742
06/17/20 05:50 AM
06/17/20 05:50 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Not only are there group differences there is a difference in the way LE does things and treats people compared to 50 years ago..

Today D.U.I. is seen as a money maker. ( I have never had a DUI) There are industries built up around it. Judges send people to classes on it and those classes cost thousands. A HUGE money maker. Lawyers who make their money by assuring people they can get them into the classes. Companys making devices that have to be blown in before a vehicle will start and guys who are installing them.

LE are told to focus on DUI. Like vehicle tax collection it is a high priority part of their job.

The public is told they are being made safer yet ethanol addicts dont go to jail. They lose license. Another huge money maker. Politicians and LE are well aware almost no one stops driving after loss of license. They get fined a lot though. Doesn't stop them from driving drunk. Now that BAC is below .1 a LOT more people are legally drunk. Stop and drink two beers on your way home from work? Guess what, the county is about to extort thousands from you.

If safety were the real concern ethanol addicts would be incarcerated for driving drunk. Not just given another fine. Real jail time. Years. People in jail are not endangering the public. Safety however is NOT the goal.

Those cops in Atlanta shot that man out of anger. Not of fear for their own safety or public safety. He had managed to out wrestle them and was running away. They were furious. Simple as that.

Dont worry though. Theft is being ignored. Steal whatever you want. IF you do get fined or sent to jail fines and jail time are pretty inconsequential. It costs the county a lot of money to deal with theft so the focus is on money makers. DUI and seatbelts. All for your own safety of course.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901756
06/17/20 06:30 AM
06/17/20 06:30 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
You say that because you would be angry and have not had the training to control your emotions.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: Boco] #6901764
06/17/20 06:42 AM
06/17/20 06:42 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Boco
You can call me anything you want Mark,just dont call me late for dinner.

BOOOCCOOOOO, (his momma calls)

You get your good-timin' rear portion in here and eat this flat tail soup.
Where have you been? Playing with those bevs?
I told you they're gonna poke your eye out.

Let's pray before we eat.
wink

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: danny clifton] #6901842
06/17/20 08:56 AM
06/17/20 08:56 AM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Not only are there group differences there is a difference in the way LE does things and treats people compared to 50 years ago..

Today D.U.I. is seen as a money maker. ( I have never had a DUI) There are industries built up around it. Judges send people to classes on it and those classes cost thousands. A HUGE money maker. Lawyers who make their money by assuring people they can get them into the classes. Companys making devices that have to be blown in before a vehicle will start and guys who are installing them.

LE are told to focus on DUI. Like vehicle tax collection it is a high priority part of their job.

The public is told they are being made safer yet ethanol addicts dont go to jail. They lose license. Another huge money maker. Politicians and LE are well aware almost no one stops driving after loss of license. They get fined a lot though. Doesn't stop them from driving drunk. Now that BAC is below .1 a LOT more people are legally drunk. Stop and drink two beers on your way home from work? Guess what, the county is about to extort thousands from you.

If safety were the real concern ethanol addicts would be incarcerated for driving drunk. Not just given another fine. Real jail time. Years. People in jail are not endangering the public. Safety however is NOT the goal.

Those cops in Atlanta shot that man out of anger. Not of fear for their own safety or public safety. He had managed to out wrestle them and was running away. They were furious. Simple as that.

Dont worry though. Theft is being ignored. Steal whatever you want. IF you do get fined or sent to jail fines and jail time are pretty inconsequential. It costs the county a lot of money to deal with theft so the focus is on money makers. DUI and seatbelts. All for your own safety of course.

While there is some truth to this I fail to see how this applies to a miscreant that assaulted two officers, stole a weapon and fired said weapon at the officers.
At the point the assault began it mattered not why the nice officers were there.

DUI is a huge public safety risk and to argue that he should've walked/driven off with a warning is a non starter this day and age.

For the record my wife is currently facing a DUI that could've easily been handled with a call for me to come get her but it wasn't and she went to jail to sober up. I'm grateful it was handled that way as she just celebrated eight months sober as a result. Had she resisted I would've accepted whatever was done to control the situation. Fortunately, even drunk she knew better than to fight.
Also, I myself have made the same mistake years ago having twice been pulled over but allowed to leave once drive off and once call a family member. It haunts me what could have been.

[Linked Image]
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901844
06/17/20 08:57 AM
06/17/20 08:57 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
I don't care about anybody's IQ or how the may have evolved or not evolved. A peron's culture and values and way of life aren't important.

The important thing to remember is that all human beings are individual creations of God, each a unique person who bear His glorious likeness. Our intrinsic value as people doesn't come from our IQ, our wealth, how we treat other people, or our contribution to society. The value of human life is what it is because of what God made us to be.

Psalm 8
O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babies and infants,
you have established strength because of your foes,
to still the enemy and the avenger.

3 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?

5 Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet,
7 all sheep and oxen,
and also the beasts of the field,
8 the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the seas.

9 O Lord, our Lord,

The intrinsic and equal value of each and every human life derives its value from the Creator who made it so. If each human life is only as valuable as its IQ or contribution to society, it leads to all sorts of heinous and detestable practices such as abortion, eugenics, racism, and euthanasia.

The foundational worldview each person holds has a profound effect on how they interpret the world around them.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: Kart29] #6901853
06/17/20 09:12 AM
06/17/20 09:12 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Kart29
I don't care about anybody's IQ or how the may have evolved or not evolved. A peron's culture and values and way of life aren't important.

The important thing to remember is that all human beings are individual creations of God, each a unique person who bear His glorious likeness. Our intrinsic value as people doesn't come from our IQ, our wealth, how we treat other people, or our contribution to society. The value of human life is what it is because of what God made us to be.

Psalm 8
O Lord, our Lord,
You have set your glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babies and infants,
you have established strength because of your foes,
to still the enemy and the avenger.

3 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?

5 Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet,
7 all sheep and oxen,
and also the beasts of the field,
8 the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the seas.

9 O Lord, our Lord,

The intrinsic and equal value of each and every human life derives its value from the Creator who made it so. If each human life is only as valuable as its IQ or contribution to society, it leads to all sorts of heinous and detestable practices such as abortion, eugenics, racism, and euthanasia.

The foundational worldview each person holds has a profound effect on how they interpret the world around them.

But in another thread you said it was OK to shoot that "glorious likeness" right off a him, from behind. I am confused.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: Diggerman] #6901875
06/17/20 09:39 AM
06/17/20 09:39 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by Diggerman
I am confused.

I know. Very sorry about that. Wish I could help.
frown

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901944
06/17/20 11:49 AM
06/17/20 11:49 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
You know when I'm driving around sipping a beer, I notice at every red light that people are texting and driving. There's a money making opportunity that clearly is not being exploited. frown

Who is John Galt?
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901954
06/17/20 12:12 PM
06/17/20 12:12 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
There's traffic lights in Armpit, Alaska?
Cell phones aren't a problem, it's a disease. Worse than alcohol.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: Dirt] #6901957
06/17/20 12:17 PM
06/17/20 12:17 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Dirt
You know when I'm driving around sipping a beer, I notice at every red light that people are texting and driving. There's a money making opportunity that clearly is not being exploited. frown

The point is, if you get caught, are you going to go Rambo on the police or accept that you finally got caught?

Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: Gary Benson] #6901961
06/17/20 12:26 PM
06/17/20 12:26 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
There's traffic lights in Armpit, Alaska?
Cell phones aren't a problem, it's a disease. Worse than alcohol.

This is when I'm in Anchorage. BTW there are generally publicly intoxicated people begging for money at most of these intersections. No way to make money off these criminals, so apparently this is low on enforcement priority.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Why are black people upset? [Re: James] #6901993
06/17/20 12:54 PM
06/17/20 12:54 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
In the 70's I had a College Prof (who happened to be a man of color) Tell a class "If you want to be successful, emulate successful people". I like the Message that Allen West or Candice Owens and people of color with this mindset bring to the table. Be responsible for yourself, work hard, succeed! Don't set yourself apart, otherwise you're not included.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread