No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Covid-Transmission #6902393
06/17/20 08:30 PM
06/17/20 08:30 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Interestingly, as much as we were told by the media how contagious and easily spread Covid was. People working in direct contact with positive cases and some known to not wear a mask at all through this "pandemic," outside of working hours. 130 negative antibody results so far and growing. Not a single positive. I think we can finally chalk this virus up as no worse then influenza at least in my opinion.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902409
06/17/20 08:43 PM
06/17/20 08:43 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The fact that it may not be as contagious as once believed may well mean that we will live with it longer and it will pop up in more unexpected places over time. case numbers are staying high and part of that is due to more testing which helps locate the hot spots or future hot spots. A month ago the death rate was almost 6% of those testing positive, that number or percentage is slowly going down as more and more of those being tested positive are in the lower vulnerability groups. We are now at about 5.3%. Countries like Brazil which has a rapidly spiking number and more poverty and poorer health systems are in the 4% plus death rate as they are a much younger society then we are.

Bryce

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: bblwi] #6902446
06/17/20 09:12 PM
06/17/20 09:12 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by bblwi
The fact that it may not be as contagious as once believed may well mean that we will live with it longer and it will pop up in more unexpected places over time. case numbers are staying high and part of that is due to more testing which helps locate the hot spots or future hot spots. A month ago the death rate was almost 6% of those testing positive, that number or percentage is slowly going down as more and more of those being tested positive are in the lower vulnerability groups. We are now at about 5.3%. Countries like Brazil which has a rapidly spiking number and more poverty and poorer health systems are in the 4% plus death rate as they are a much younger society then we are.

Bryce

It is my position that with the data for those exposed who either do not contract it, or show no symptoms remaining an unknown, there is no way to determine the true death rate at all, anywhere. This makes death rate comparisons at this time, a moot point, especially when one takes into account the variability in methodology from one region to another.
Until enough people are tested for indicators that they were or were not infected, providing a statistically sound random sample, we won't know what the death rate is.

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902461
06/17/20 09:21 PM
06/17/20 09:21 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Florida. 5300 cases in 48 hours. Not gone yet regardless of your political leanings.

Indigenous people in the Brazilian Amazon are infected now. How did that happen?

I wear a mask. I use Clorox wipes. I keep my distance. I wash my hands all day long. Why not? What is the harm? I am high risk. I am overweight, I take blood pressure meds, two cancer surgeries last summer. I have four grandkids who need me, and I need them.

Last edited by charles; 06/17/20 09:30 PM.
Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: charles] #6902473
06/17/20 09:27 PM
06/17/20 09:27 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by charles
Florida. 5300 cases in 48 hours. Not gone yet regardless of your political leanings.

You’re the first to mention anything political and I never stated it was gone.

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902480
06/17/20 09:32 PM
06/17/20 09:32 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
A certain politician is ignoring it, and acting like it is all made up. Just saying. Heard from a friend.

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902493
06/17/20 09:38 PM
06/17/20 09:38 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
How many admissions in Florida?

Heck, Georgia’s numbers are up too because everyone and their momma are getting tested. You test positive for the antibodies and you’re a positive case. What’s strange is our town has been open almost a month now and no new hospital admissions. I’ve been in several hospitals doing work and they are like ghost towns. Been in Dr’s offices that is a steady stream of folks coming and going.
It’s a VIRUS, it will NEVER go away.

Just curious if all those that are “candidates” for the Corona ever took the same precautions with the Flu? Both can kill you...

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: charles] #6902499
06/17/20 09:42 PM
06/17/20 09:42 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by charles

Indigenous people in the Brazilian Amazon are infected now. How did that happen?

I wear a mask. I use Clorox wipes. I keep my distance. I wash my hands all day long. Why not? What is the harm? I am high risk. I am overweight, I take blood pressure meds, two cancer surgeries last summer. I have four grandkids who need me, and I need them.

Just because a demographic of people are considered indigenous doesn't mean they're completely secluded from the outside world. There's something to be said for letting your body's own immune system do it's job. I'm not saying you shouldn't wash your hands but you seem to be over the top with it. I will assume ( I know I shouldn't because assumptions are for...) that you wear a mask while you drive around by yourself in a car.

The three chronic illnesses you've stated are all preventable to some degree. Where was your worry for your grandchildren while they were developing? I'm not turning this into a political thread. Simply pointing out another fallacy that the masses were told to believe brought to you by a corrupt media.

Last edited by WadeRyan; 06/17/20 09:43 PM.

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902503
06/17/20 09:45 PM
06/17/20 09:45 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
With so much fake information out now guy could not put a fair statement of facts out today.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902508
06/17/20 09:47 PM
06/17/20 09:47 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
It IS a serious infection, although, like others have stated the " cases " are inflated due to testing, but be YOU, and be careful...and don't complain if you get it.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: Law Dog] #6902511
06/17/20 09:48 PM
06/17/20 09:48 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Law Dog
With so much fake information out now guy could not put a fair statement of facts out today.

Well, I can tell you first hand. 580 employees. At least 50% in front line with patients with covid at some point (tested positive). Front line workers being tested first rather than people in jobs such as offices or records. 130 direct care staff have tested negative for antibodies and it's been in the community for at least three months. If it was indeed the super monster it was portrayed to be with such a high rate of transmission surely some of these would be positive.

Last edited by WadeRyan; 06/17/20 09:50 PM.

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902519
06/17/20 09:55 PM
06/17/20 09:55 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
A certain politician is ignoring it, and acting like it is all made up. Just saying. Heard from a friend.

Well since you offered,..please explain further?

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902529
06/17/20 10:06 PM
06/17/20 10:06 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
You would think the places with protests would have people dropping like flies by now.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: Law Dog] #6902687
06/18/20 12:58 AM
06/18/20 12:58 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
You would think the places with protests would have people dropping like flies by now.

I didn't know the protesters were over 80 years old?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902700
06/18/20 01:42 AM
06/18/20 01:42 AM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
The outcomes seem very varied. We're starting to see the peek in our county of NJ. I don't personally know anyone who has tested positive yet - that I know about. My secretary's husband has lost both grandmothers and has a uncle in ICU in the last 2 weeks. One grandmother was in her 90's and in poor health. The other, also in her 90's but excellent health - for being in her 90's. The uncle is in his late 60's, has been a heavy smoker, but appeared to be in good health.

My secretaries whole extended family has been tested. Two aunts and her father are positive. All three have very mild symptoms. Her father in law farms the property across the street from me and I've been seeing him out every day working.

Now that it's in my community, my opinion is changing. I am starting to believe this is more serious than I had originally believed.

-Ryan
Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: maintenanceguy] #6902709
06/18/20 04:19 AM
06/18/20 04:19 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
The outcomes seem very varied. We're starting to see the peek in our county of NJ. I don't personally know anyone who has tested positive yet - that I know about. My secretary's husband has lost both grandmothers and has a uncle in ICU in the last 2 weeks. One grandmother was in her 90's and in poor health. The other, also in her 90's but excellent health - for being in her 90's. The uncle is in his late 60's, has been a heavy smoker, but appeared to be in good health.

My secretaries whole extended family has been tested. Two aunts and her father are positive. All three have very mild symptoms. Her father in law farms the property across the street from me and I've been seeing him out every day working.

Now that it's in my community, my opinion is changing. I am starting to believe this is more serious than I had originally believed.

That's unfortunate and I'm sure it is not fun to lose someone to Covid. People die from a number of things when they reach 90 years old. I don't want to come across as not empathetic or caring. At that age you can literally die from something as simple as Human Metapneumovirus (sounds real scary but it's the common cold) or you could die from a simple ground level fall on your head. People seem to forget the average life expectancy in the United States is still 78.54 years as of 2017. If you've made it past that you've done well. I've yet to meet a heavy smoker at age 60 or above that's in good health.

I'm the opposite of you. It's been in my community for at least three months now documented with positives. I've seen positives from infants to 95 years old in front of me. I've seen it in healthy young adults and I've seen it in the elderly with multiple co-morbidities. The influx of critical patients never happened here. We had plenty of positives in the community and people not following guidelines in the community. If it was as much of a killer and as virulent as the media portrayed it we would have seen some type of influx.

As I've said in past posts I have seen influxes in chronic health conditions that were left un-managed during this so called "pandemic." People were so afraid to see a doctor or walk into a hospital that they haven't taken care of themselves over the last few months. Decreasing exercise, worsening diets, and no chronic care has led to the exacerbation of some health conditions that could have been prevented. People have put off cancer treatments that could have extended their life expectancy. People didn't receive "elective surgeries" that at times were probably needed sooner rather than later. The most serious issue I have personally witnessed during this whole pandemic is an explosion of mental health issues that were not present in the population before this all started. People that hadn't even heard the word depressed mentioned to them in their lifetimes now trying to end their lives. The patients that were already mentally ill have hit new levels of mania. I don't really have the desire to go hunting but I'd put money of the suicide rate in this country over the last three months has soared.

Last edited by WadeRyan; 06/18/20 04:34 AM.

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902757
06/18/20 07:10 AM
06/18/20 07:10 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Wade, search flatten the fear.com not sure how to post a link or I would do it. Hew Hewitt has been interviewing some of the top doctors in the nation that contribute to the sight. Great information that you don’t get on the mainstream media.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: Dirt] #6902861
06/18/20 09:31 AM
06/18/20 09:31 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Dirt

I didn't know the protesters were over 80 years old?

Only when they get pushed.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: WadeRyan] #6902888
06/18/20 09:47 AM
06/18/20 09:47 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Well numbers of positives going up here pretty quickly since reopened things. Got health people all rallied up.
Yes it is more the younger little vectors now testing positive.. and yes their doing more testing.. They closed the beaches again after big crowds and tracing shows bars and restaurants where the young ones were gathering. Local Hot spots..
I thought the whole idea of the shut down was to not over whelm the medical system with hospitalizations? We have had I think only two here since the start and none recently.. Other than that until there is a vaccine.. We all may have to take our turn dealing with it.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Covid-Transmission [Re: Macthediver] #6902897
06/18/20 09:54 AM
06/18/20 09:54 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Well numbers of positives going up here pretty quickly since reopened things. Got health people all rallied up.
Yes it is more the younger little vectors now testing positive.. and yes their doing more testing.. They closed the beaches again after big crowds and tracing shows bars and restaurants where the young ones were gathering. Local Hot spots..
I thought the whole idea of the shut down was to not over whelm the medical system with hospitalizations?
We have had I think only two here since the start and none recently.. Other than that until there is a vaccine.. We all may have to take our turn dealing with it.

Mac

I'm pretty sure my State never got that memo. I think we have always been on the stop it, until the vaccine is possibly, maybe developed. The economic carnage is brutal.

Last edited by Dirt; 06/18/20 10:03 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread