No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: loosegoose] #6903530
06/18/20 10:07 PM
06/18/20 10:07 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by loosegoose
There's a certain number of badges required to make eagle scout, some are required and others are elective. I went through the whole program, tiger scout to eagle, and the organization now is completely different and just disgusts me. The organization as a whole.juat needs to go run in traffic with scissors. My merit badge sash and eagle award....
[Linked Image]

I personally thank you...that is HARD work! My little brother is an Eagle, and we have a scholarship in my stepdads name (he was a devout scout leader). I pray things will get better, I'm having a hard time envisioning what our future holds.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Boco] #6903545
06/18/20 10:16 PM
06/18/20 10:16 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Boco
Baby mommas of all 4 different races gets you the diversity badge.

Cripes...we now have more genders in America than there are races around the world.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Yukon John] #6903560
06/18/20 10:24 PM
06/18/20 10:24 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Yukon John
Originally Posted by loosegoose
There's a certain number of badges required to make eagle scout, some are required and others are elective. I went through the whole program, tiger scout to eagle, and the organization now is completely different and just disgusts me. The organization as a whole.juat needs to go run in traffic with scissors. My merit badge sash and eagle award....
[Linked Image]

I personally thank you...that is HARD work! My little brother is an Eagle, and we have a scholarship in my stepdads name (he was a devout scout leader). I pray things will get better, I'm having a hard time envisioning what our future holds.

Rest and be assured Yukon John.
God has us right where we're supposed to be.
For His Glory.
Not ours.

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: ] #6903570
06/18/20 10:32 PM
06/18/20 10:32 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Thank you Mark June...I agree with God having a plan (and I am part of it)! I just wish that we could live in harmony, as is written.

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: ] #6903571
06/18/20 10:33 PM
06/18/20 10:33 PM
Rock Springs, WI
Z
Zim Offline
trapper
Zim  Offline
trapper
Z

Rock Springs, WI
I like your way of thinking Mark.
Where I live in rural Wisconsin, i'fn a guy
did not read the news you would never
know any of this was happening.
I am a sheepdog and there seems to be way too many sheep.

Zim

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903579
06/18/20 10:43 PM
06/18/20 10:43 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

We're all sheep or goats Zim.
Depends who your Shepherd is wink

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903594
06/18/20 10:54 PM
06/18/20 10:54 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Has anyone else noticed that commercials on TV have very few whites in them any more? Every other nationality and color, except white... and they are becoming stupid, loud and very disgusting. I either change the channel or at least mute most everyone of them.

Garry-

Last edited by Actor; 06/18/20 10:54 PM.

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903600
06/18/20 10:59 PM
06/18/20 10:59 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I thought maybe I was seeing things. Jake from SF used to be a white guy but poof- he is gone now

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903604
06/18/20 11:03 PM
06/18/20 11:03 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Several of the area VFW posts support scouting in our area. The registration fees for enrolling the scouts raised from $30 to $60 per scout, which makes things much more difficult for parents to cover costs. Our posts have supported paying half of the fee in the past to help out. We were not able to double our assistance this year. Paying out for past bad actors and lawyers costs money.

Bryce

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903661
06/19/20 12:10 AM
06/19/20 12:10 AM
Illinois/Indiana (depends on t...
E
eastwood44mag Offline
trapper
eastwood44mag  Offline
trapper
E

Illinois/Indiana (depends on t...
I earned my eagle (in since tiger cubs). Sad to sat say my boys won't be in the program, but I'm not supporting what it's become.

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: ] #6903667
06/19/20 12:19 AM
06/19/20 12:19 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by J Staton
Since it's BLM inspired I was thinking they would have qualifying test like the 100 yard dash carrying a flat screen.

With their pants down around the knees

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Actor] #6903669
06/19/20 12:23 AM
06/19/20 12:23 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by Actor
Has anyone else noticed that commercials on TV have very few whites in them any more? Every other nationality and color, except white... and they are becoming stupid, loud and very disgusting. I either change the channel or at least mute most everyone of them.

Garry-

Sorry, but that really shouldn't matter...I think that's what most of this commotion is over.

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Actor] #6903686
06/19/20 01:09 AM
06/19/20 01:09 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.

Garry-

You're correct. I have noticed it for a few years and right now it's even worse. I counted 16 commercials in a row with only two whites, both women, one with an Asian man and one with a black man. Almost all couples pictured in commercials, if they contain a white person, are interacial. About the only time a couple in a commercial is composed of 2 white people is if the couple is gay.

White males in most commercial are portrayed as stupid, incompetent and goofy.

Most period TV shows and movies, set in places like Scandinavia, Ireland, Wales, Austria, Germany and England, in times when there was probably no black people, have around 30% blacks. I don't like forced anachronisms in period movies.

Keith

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Yukon John] #6903687
06/19/20 01:12 AM
06/19/20 01:12 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Yukon John

Garry-

Sorry, but that really shouldn't matter...I think that's what most of this commotion is over.

White actors are clearly being discriminated against. The percent of white actors in commercials is tiny. Why do you think it's okay to discriminate against whites if it's not right to discriminate?

Keith

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903688
06/19/20 01:19 AM
06/19/20 01:19 AM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe
confused Hang on a minute; Are the American Scouts not of the Baden Powell origin? A glance at google seems to suggest BP ~ a Brit, I think ~ started it all. Now 'Scouts' are pretty much Scouts, world wide? And now the USA branch are in favour of BLM?

Okay. This is confusing. Because I'm certain I glimpsed a news story from England. Basically, BLM / Antifa had made it known they were coming for a statue of Baden Powell. And some Scouts turned out to protect said statue.

But ~ just to further mess with the whole thing! ~ I believe the report pointed out these particular Scouts were of some sort of off shoot chapter? Feel free to google all this. I'm neither a Scout or in england. Just something I noticed while surfing.

So, to summarise? US Scouts want to support BLM. British BLM wants to destroy Baden Powell. I guess, as it's this off shoot of the 'traditional' / genuine BP Scouts stepping up to stop it, the British Scouts are fine with BLM wrecking the BP statue?

Wow!

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Pest's Dad] #6903692
06/19/20 01:40 AM
06/19/20 01:40 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Pest's Dad
confused Hang on a minute; Are the American Scouts not of the Baden Powell origin? A glance at google seems to suggest BP ~ a Brit, I think ~ started it all. Now 'Scouts' are pretty much Scouts, world wide? And now the USA branch are in favour of BLM?

Okay. This is confusing. Because I'm certain I glimpsed a news story from England. Basically, BLM / Antifa had made it known they were coming for a statue of Baden Powell. And some Scouts turned out to protect said statue.

But ~ just to further mess with the whole thing! ~ I believe the report pointed out these particular Scouts were of some sort of off shoot chapter? Feel free to google all this. I'm neither a Scout or in england. Just something I noticed while surfing.

So, to summarise? US Scouts want to support BLM. British BLM wants to destroy Baden Powell. I guess, as it's this off shoot of the 'traditional' / genuine BP Scouts stepping up to stop it, the British Scouts are fine with BLM wrecking the BP statue?

Wow!

Black Lives Matter has destroyed hundreds of monuments and graves here in the US, including many black ones. The movement has less to do with race and more to moving towards a one world, radical left government, than most of its low level members and supporters think. BLM is using blacks just like the democrats have been for decades. I don't see anything good coming out of this movement for most black people. It's just upping the amount of hate and chaos and causing decent Americans, who were getting along pretty well, to mistrust each other.

The demonization of whites on TV and other media is creating hate and chaos too. Americans need to come together as a people and not let the liberal elite destroy our unity, to further their ends.

Keith

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: KeithC] #6903693
06/19/20 01:45 AM
06/19/20 01:45 AM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe
Oh, don't worry, Keith, I'm absolutely well aware of what BLM / Antifa / Soros / Far Left / MSM / etc.etc ad nauseam is up to, as a whole.

I'm just back footed about what might be going on within the Scouting movement. Purely as someone outside, looking in.

Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903695
06/19/20 02:05 AM
06/19/20 02:05 AM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
My son starts his first year of Boy Scouts this fall. He has been in since Lions. They did allow girls in up through AOL. Now, the girls have to go to a different pack or go join Girl Scouts. His pack has some good leaders and he enjoys it.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903701
06/19/20 04:30 AM
06/19/20 04:30 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Good on the BSA. I'm proud to have been a scout, though I don't think they should have admitted girls. The diversity training is needed by more people.

Support BLM.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Boy scouts. Ugh. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6903728
06/19/20 06:44 AM
06/19/20 06:44 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline
trapper
kytrapper  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
I’ve also noticed for years the white male, head of household is always the dumbest one in the house. The kids are always one upping them or teaching the adults a valuable lesson. Also, those ADT and Ring doorbell commercials, the criminal is always white. Seen several commercials with a flash of two white guys cuddling or kissing. The cartoon after the BLM commercial one of the characters had “ two grandpa’s”. It seems like nothing but this is a subliminal message being placed in three year olds heads. There is a world of difference between what I watched, then my kids, and what’s on there today. We’re going to have to be very careful and limit it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread