No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Movie recommendation American Gospel: Christ Alon #6903849
06/19/20 09:26 AM
06/19/20 09:26 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline OP
trapper
Kart29  Offline OP
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
I saw on Netflix that they have available a move called "American Gospel: Christ Alone".

I have watched it in the past and find it quite compelling. The first half, especially, really lays out the central, most important part of the gospel message in a powerful way. It's a story that I love hearing over and over and over again. The second half focuses more on modern tele-evangelists and the "prosperity gospel" that is all over the airwaves. It may be a bit heavy handed in that part but it is also revealing in many ways. The nephew of Benny Hinn is a central subject in the documentary and some of the stories he tells are quite striking.

Anyway, I recommend it highly. I know you can get it on Amazon, too, but I think you have to pay to watch it.

If you get a chance to watch it, let me know what you think.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Movie recommendation American Gospel: Christ Alon [Re: Kart29] #6903850
06/19/20 09:29 AM
06/19/20 09:29 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline OP
trapper
Kart29  Offline OP
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Looks like there's lots of ways to watch it. But like I say, I think Netflix has it available if you already have a subscription there.

http://www.americangospelfilm.com/

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Movie recommendation American Gospel: Christ Alon [Re: Kart29] #6903863
06/19/20 09:47 AM
06/19/20 09:47 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
I watched it a couple weeks ago. Very powerful stuff, especially nowadays when that word gospel is being twisted and distorted all over the place.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread