No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
anti viral mask #6903730
06/19/20 06:45 AM
06/19/20 06:45 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I am seeing stories of places where a mask is required but I can not find one that will stop the passage of a virus. So where are these virus proof masks at? Found many articles that start with the words "the CDC says" but the masks are not virus proof. With all the false narrative spread by CDC recently I am not at all interested in their recommendations. I want a virus proof mask.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903731
06/19/20 06:47 AM
06/19/20 06:47 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Stop asking logical questions and do what you're told, Danny! whistle

Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903757
06/19/20 07:18 AM
06/19/20 07:18 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I am seeing stories of places where a mask is required but I can not find one that will stop the passage of a virus. So where are these virus proof masks at? Found many articles that start with the words "the CDC says" but the masks are not virus proof. With all the false narrative spread by CDC recently I am not at all interested in their recommendations. I want a virus proof mask.

I thought you were not buying into the hype? Are you finally coming out into public?

I will admit that as they first started learning about this I was probably a little more gullable than needed. It has killed a lot of folks but it seems you made a comment awhile ago that I needed to give you credit for.

You said we should isolate those at risk and leave the rest of us to our own business. I wanted to tell you I agree and I should have thought more and reacted less. I have been lied to by our government before and they lied to all of us again. Take this as an apology for what was said. It is as close as you will get. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903761
06/19/20 07:27 AM
06/19/20 07:27 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I read CA has reimplemented masks in public.

Those opposed to Newsom's decree report they will not wear them as they are ineffective and they are deemed;
The symbol of fearful obedience

They point to the fact that the governor wasn't wearing one as he made his announcement.

Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903764
06/19/20 07:30 AM
06/19/20 07:30 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA

Last edited by LLtrapper; 06/19/20 07:30 AM.

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903793
06/19/20 08:03 AM
06/19/20 08:03 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Thank you LL.

You never need apologise to me for a differing opinion though.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903807
06/19/20 08:23 AM
06/19/20 08:23 AM
Sugar Grove, WV
J
JTfromWV Offline
trapper
JTfromWV  Offline
trapper
J

Sugar Grove, WV
I think the heavens gate cult had virus proof masks.

Re: anti viral mask [Re: trapdog1] #6903836
06/19/20 09:02 AM
06/19/20 09:02 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Stop asking logical questions and do what you're told, Danny! whistle

Yeah

Come on Man!!!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903862
06/19/20 09:47 AM
06/19/20 09:47 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

What they said!
Me thinks Danny must be getting old bringing in logic and facts to this discussion. It is the opposite of being awoke.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903881
06/19/20 10:14 AM
06/19/20 10:14 AM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
I think cali made the wear the mask in public thing because the FBI is tracking down and arresting who they can find that is doing the arson and serious felony stuff that can be a federal crime. They caught some chick in philly that burned some police cars because of the shirt she was wearing, sort of a one of a kind thing sold on etsy. Vice news has put out guidelines on how to protect your identity while out rioting. Or it could be as simple as cali is trying to be a dictator with royal decrees and such.

One thing that is obvious, they told us not to wear masks in the beginning ONLY because they knew there wasnt enough for everyone. I still believe the homemade mask thing is just a feel good measure and if its effective its minimal. Supposedly only n95 masks are the only one that are capable of actually filtering out the virus. Even surgical masks, like a surgeon would use, are only good for about a half an hour. Once they get wet from your breath they start losing effectiveness.

Unless you actually pay attention to what you are doing wearing gloves is stupid. I have seen tons and tons of people going out shopping wearing surgical gloves. They touch the cart and all their items with the same gloves then go touch the keypad on the debit card machine, then their purses or wallets and phones. They then walk to their car and take off the gloves and think they have accomplished something. They then touch the contaminated grocery items, purse or wallet, and cell phone and dont pay any attention that it could be contaminated. I even seen 2 people wearing masks and gloves answer their cell phones while all geared up by swiping the screen and sticking it right on their face. At that point they have just wasted masks and gloves to make them feel better.

Just wash your hands with soap and stop believing the nonsense. Im not gonna wear a mask, nor gloves, nor live in fear of a virus with the same mortality rate of seasonal flu. The whole reason we got to this point with the corona scare was to destabilize the country and unseat a president by a communist political party.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903921
06/19/20 11:02 AM
06/19/20 11:02 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Thinking back about 50 years during our CBR training even with our gas masks complete with hood and gloves the bad bugs could still get you if you didn't decontaminate fully. Anytime you had to eat, drink, or even any bodily function other then just breathing you needed to decontaminate. Other then living in a sealed bubble you are at risk. Life is a gamble no matter how careful you may think you are.

I don't buy from the places that demand I wear a mask. The CDC can't even come up with a standard for one and like was said earlier the home made masks are just a feel good thing. Your eyes are another avenue for contamination. Seldom see one wearing goggles and if they are most have holes to keep them from fogging over. I refuse to live on my knees to placate someone else's fear.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6903971
06/19/20 11:55 AM
06/19/20 11:55 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
This whole mask thing... I'l tell ya, 4 months ago I was deeply concerned about this covid 19 thing, I felt that it was no joke and something to be taken very seriously, but today my views have completely shifted to where I just view this for exactly what it is, and that's yet another strain of the flu.

Today, we see how the percentage of deaths is actually quite low - as many here on T-Man predicted.

I'm very curious as to how many people who have other life threatening illness - such as kidney failure - pass away due to delays in getting proper treatment due to the hospitals and MRI/CAT scan centers taking in only a fraction of their normal capacity due to covid 19 fears and the resulting extra decontamination procedures, I mean - arean't these places sterile in normal circumstances ??

Two weeks ago my mother any myself brought my father to Bridgeport Hospital to be greeted by people in spaces suits who took my father away, the worst part of all was we could not even say goodbye.

Luckily he is back home, but the end is sadly near.
To be told that in his life threatening condition that he has to wait an extra week for a very important MRI to be taken due to covid 19 concerns is beyond disgusting.

If the death rates were sky high then I could see it, but it isn't - as many here on T-Man correctly stated the typical flu season is far deadlier - and there are no concerns about that, is there....

As for masks, only time I'll wear one is if I have to - and that's if I am near people - because I ain't taking any chances on catching something which I could possibly pass on to my elderly parents - but on the other hand, the masks - the important thing is they have to seal perfectly.

I see people at the plant wearing the - is it the N95 mask ?? - and I can see where there are gaps present, where the double layered cloth mask I wear - which have the ability to have filters installed - seal perfectly, although they are very funny looking [I swear, the gal making them has to be using ladies undies !!]

It's interesting to note that in many big cities protesting riots etc was ok, no mask required but god help you if your out with your kid in a row boat or in a park or in the woods, that's illegal frown frown frown

Sorry for the rant, but this whole mask/covid 19 thing has me very angry - because these days I feel that we are truly being lied to, and that this is being made a much bigger deal of than need be.

The sad thing is out here, people have come to accept the mask as part of their personal attire.
It's like, Islam 101 or something.................

I am just so sad that it has come to this.

In a local forum out here, an elderly lady who remembered - either small pox or maybe polio - I forget... she mentioned that the only thing that changed was the town pool was closed.

Granted, Connecticut was way more rural and county back then.... but this mask thing is going way too far now.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6904424
06/19/20 07:16 PM
06/19/20 07:16 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
I have not felt the need to wear a mask . But i dont blame anybody that does when they get around people every partical or droplet filtered is one less partical or droplet that can cary a attached virus .I get aggravated with service employees that constantly touch their mask and touch stuff people buy .

I find it interesting that the news anchors have the audacity to say that the reason for this weeks spike in cases is because the National Guard didnt wear mask and dosnt have anything to do with riotsprotest because the rioters wore mask

Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6904509
06/19/20 08:49 PM
06/19/20 08:49 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
A buddy of mine had some MAGA masks made and sent me a picture to see if I wanted any. I responded by letting him know that the leg holes were way too small.
I wear my masks just like my chaps.
Assless.

Re: anti viral mask [Re: danny clifton] #6904517
06/19/20 08:53 PM
06/19/20 08:53 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Carl- how can we un-see the picture you just painted in our minds?
Tell me that

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread