No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: KeithC] #6908604
06/23/20 07:43 PM
06/23/20 07:43 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by J Staton
Did anybody read the link? It wasn't about Gnosticism. Lol.

They obviously did not and they obviously did not check out the very well vetted and researched website www.familysearch.com

People disbelieve what doesn't fit into their world view despite all the evidence.

Keith

Has it not dawned on you that in today's time u can find "evidence" to support any view u want? Or do I need to show you evidence to help u see that.

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6908614
06/23/20 07:49 PM
06/23/20 07:49 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
The thread name was Jesus is racist. White Jesus statues. Etc...... Jesus for me is dying on the cross. No reference to color/status/or wealth. Dying for our sins. Now if one worships idols ( the golden calf). Then yes Jesus has color. The devil is busy this year for sure.

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6908626
06/23/20 07:56 PM
06/23/20 07:56 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
[Linked Image]

so you like this picture better?

Then there is this:
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6908630
06/23/20 07:57 PM
06/23/20 07:57 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6908634
06/23/20 07:59 PM
06/23/20 07:59 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by James
I prefer science fiction myself.

I'd like to hear what Mark June has to say about your posts here.

Jim

James,

Just poking into TMan for a moment this morning and I see that the DeVinci Code movie has legs.
I'm bottling lures this week, as I've been away trapping for weeks, and I have a mid-term exam on Friday on the Doctrine of God, the orthodox history of our faith. It's a goodin' as far as bulk of material.

That said, I'll read the entire thread (just peeked at the first few) and maybe weight in later.
Some seems a bit off kilter at first peek.

Blessings
Mark

I'm just glad that you're bottling lure. The only lure I'll use. Thanks Mark!

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: danny clifton] #6908679
06/23/20 08:31 PM
06/23/20 08:31 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by danny clifton
[Linked Image]

so you like this picture better?

Then there is this:
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.

Close, but not quite. I don't really believe the Shroud of Turin is what it is claimed to be... But whoever made it did their homework. The image on it is likely a fairly accurate representation of a Jewish tradesman of that time and region.

Personally I always figured he looked a lot like Victor French when he played Mr. Edwards on Little House. Lol

And contrary to popular belief, it's my opinion that he was a stone mason not a carpenter. But that's just me.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6908704
06/23/20 08:55 PM
06/23/20 08:55 PM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
I don't care what HE looks like...HE died for my sins and that's enough for me...
And rose the 3rd day, and "soon" I'll see what he looks like...

Donnie

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6908764
06/23/20 09:54 PM
06/23/20 09:54 PM
NW Oregon
R
remrogers Offline
trapper
remrogers  Offline
trapper
R

NW Oregon
Sounds like black racism.

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6908977
06/24/20 07:34 AM
06/24/20 07:34 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Interesting thread at many levels TMan'ers. The title of the thread, proclaimed by just another Communist party member cloaked in a BLM T-shirt, who has probably been to Venezuela to see how they overthrew that once most prosperous (in a modern era sense) nation, to make it a 3rd world hellinous place on earth (except for those called elites), fits the Marxist format. Topple history. Topple religion. Nationalize property. Eliminate local police. Implement nation military against the rebellious. Re-educate the masses. Re-build a nation from within in their image of what should be according to ?? (it gets diverse at this point).

It's pretty much out in the open for anyone who knows anarchy and it's history. Who knows, they may demonstrate soon for the name of this site, as there's no alphabet in the name Trapperman, only one gender. grin

As for the rest of the religious comments, I'm no expert. I'm a 2nd year student at a major evangelical, non-denominational, seminary's 4 year degree program, so I've got quite a fair distance to go, keeping an open mind, and heart as best I can as I go along. But I love history, so I've heavied up on my historical theology courses thus far, and it does help me answer the world gone wild videos we see before us. It's happening other places other than the USA. And Christianity is always in the crosshairs of the anarchist. There is good reason for that. The Christian faith has been the dominant world faith a very long time and for another god to rise up, another must be vanquished. Time magazine declared God dead in 1968, but some of y'all just won't read the tea leaves. GOD IS DEAD! Long live Caesar, or whoever the world says is god. Like I wrote earlier;

Tthere have been many men who sought to be God.
There has only been one God who sought to be man.

That right there, could be an intriguing proof of God, if you park on it awhile. Did a bunch of really good story tellers get together and invent this guy, Jesus and His Father and His Spirit? If they did, they invented the only God there's ever been who doesn't demand you serve him. Every other, and I mean all other gods demand servitude. Like the anarchists demand of all of us now. We will bow down! Allah is Lord, you will serve him. Interesting; we love the only God that says we are His and He serves us in so many way and we are not forced to bow before him. We can if we want, but we aren't commanded.

Is it any wonder Christians have been persecuted throughout much of history. You can't serve man, if you're always bible-thumping about some dead rabbi who you say rose from the grave. James says in the marvels of finite thinkers, it can't be so. But Christians say, there is a world bigger than all we know.

So we are all allowed to place faith where we will. In a new tomorrow with the history of this nation erased so we can start over. In a belief that what we see is all there is. In many things. We all have faith. We all place it somewhere. I, and many more, place it in faith that seeks to understand, because understanding to get to faith in God never works.

As I was driving on the 20 square mile trap line in my Kawasaki buggy, in gosh awful heat last week, I was deep thinking on all the diversity that was around me. Dung beetles, ants by the score, birds, fish in the lakes, cactus blooming, and 1,000,000 other things I was looking at and loving to work around. Oh, and those pesky coyotes too. And I thought, I'm glad the designer in charge (not BLM or Pelosi) has it all going on. I have NO IDEA how it all works, after a lifetime of being in it and researching it, and in a way faith is probably supposed to be that way; believing in what you can not see with your eyes, but with your heart. Maybe if you made something as big and marvelous as the galaxies, you'd have that same plan?

Oh and as far as KeithC and his comments.
It'd be considered unorthodox, in that it is not the doctrine of the Christian faith, or any modern day sect form of it.

Back to the stinky room I go today to make the donuts (Flat 365, Fox Frenzy, and Widowmaker).
Gotta pay that darn banker man/woman/??

Blessings y'all!
Mark

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: stinkypete] #6908998
06/24/20 07:55 AM
06/24/20 07:55 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by stinkypete
The thread name was Jesus is racist. White Jesus statues. Etc...... Jesus for me is dying on the cross. No reference to color/status/or wealth. Dying for our sins. Now if one worships idols ( the golden calf). Then yes Jesus has color. The devil is busy this year for sure.

Agreed stinky pete.
Satan believes in God and may even know how the story is going to play out.
But like man, he figures he can rewrite the end times where he alone is victorious.

My wife and I actually watched a bit of the news last night and then after an hour or so, turned it off. We both felt yucky watching all this negative, negative, negative.
Donna asked me, "Where is the hope in all this weirdness?"

I told my lovely bride,
"Well God loves incredible odds." David against the Palestine. Gideon and his 300. It's not Scripture, but maybe America? We as a nation emerged victorious against the super power of the day - Great Britain. Pretty poor odds against the colonials, most of whom sympathized with the British Empire.

He is always using incredible odds to assure us, who is God.

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909001
06/24/20 07:57 AM
06/24/20 07:57 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Seeing how He was GOD, He could have looked like whatever He wanted to and when He wanted to.

He apparently had no issues with doing this as He hid whom He was after the resurrection as He traveled with ones that would know Him.

-Goofy-
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909587
06/24/20 07:15 PM
06/24/20 07:15 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Thank you Blaine County,

That's why I'm immune to Covid. I've been inoculating myself in the stinky room for almost 40 years.
smile

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909605
06/24/20 07:35 PM
06/24/20 07:35 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Interesting thread at many levels TMan'ers. The title of the thread, proclaimed by just another Communist party member cloaked in a BLM T-shirt, who has probably been to Venezuela to see how they overthrew that once most prosperous (in a modern era sense) nation, to make it a 3rd world hellinous place on earth (except for those called elites), fits the Marxist format. Topple history. Topple religion. Nationalize property. Eliminate local police. Implement nation military against the rebellious. Re-educate the masses. Re-build a nation from within in their image of what should be according to ?? (it gets diverse at this point).

It's pretty much out in the open for anyone who knows anarchy and it's history. Who knows, they may demonstrate soon for the name of this site, as there's no alphabet in the name Trapperman, only one gender. grin

As for the rest of the religious comments, I'm no expert. I'm a 2nd year student at a major evangelical, non-denominational, seminary's 4 year degree program, so I've got quite a fair distance to go, keeping an open mind, and heart as best I can as I go along. But I love history, so I've heavied up on my historical theology courses thus far, and it does help me answer the world gone wild videos we see before us. It's happening other places other than the USA. And Christianity is always in the crosshairs of the anarchist. There is good reason for that. The Christian faith has been the dominant world faith a very long time and for another god to rise up, another must be vanquished. Time magazine declared God dead in 1968, but some of y'all just won't read the tea leaves. GOD IS DEAD! Long live Caesar, or whoever the world says is god. Like I wrote earlier;

Tthere have been many men who sought to be God.
There has only been one God who sought to be man.

That right there, could be an intriguing proof of God, if you park on it awhile. Did a bunch of really good story tellers get together and invent this guy, Jesus and His Father and His Spirit? If they did, they invented the only God there's ever been who doesn't demand you serve him. Every other, and I mean all other gods demand servitude. Like the anarchists demand of all of us now. We will bow down! Allah is Lord, you will serve him. Interesting; we love the only God that says we are His and He serves us in so many way and we are not forced to bow before him. We can if we want, but we aren't commanded.

Is it any wonder Christians have been persecuted throughout much of history. You can't serve man, if you're always bible-thumping about some dead rabbi who you say rose from the grave. James says in the marvels of finite thinkers, it can't be so. But Christians say, there is a world bigger than all we know.

So we are all allowed to place faith where we will. In a new tomorrow with the history of this nation erased so we can start over. In a belief that what we see is all there is. In many things. We all have faith. We all place it somewhere. I, and many more, place it in faith that seeks to understand, because understanding to get to faith in God never works.

As I was driving on the 20 square mile trap line in my Kawasaki buggy, in gosh awful heat last week, I was deep thinking on all the diversity that was around me. Dung beetles, ants by the score, birds, fish in the lakes, cactus blooming, and 1,000,000 other things I was looking at and loving to work around. Oh, and those pesky coyotes toyouo. And I thought, I'm glad the designer in charge (not BLM or Pelosi) has it all going on. I have NO IDEA how it all works, after a lifetime of being in it and researching it, and in a way faith is probably supposed to be that way; believing in what you can not see with your eyes, but with your heart. Maybe if you made something as big and marvelous as the galaxies, you'd have that same plan?

Oh and as far as KeithC and his comments.
It'd be considered unorthodox, in that it is not the doctrine of the Christian faith, or any modern day sect form of it.

Back to the stinky room I go today to make the donuts (Flat 365, Fox Frenzy, and Widowmaker).
Gotta pay that darn banker man/woman/??

Blessings y'all!
Mark

You should probably keep with that. You can tell from your post before you joined Jesus, till now, you are still you. If your gonna go, then go, because it's apparent you don't have the heart.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909610
06/24/20 07:38 PM
06/24/20 07:38 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Not sure I follow your thought Catch22?
Where am I suppose to go to?

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909686
06/24/20 08:46 PM
06/24/20 08:46 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Not sure I follow your thought Catch22?
Where am I suppose to go to?

In my humble opinion, from a man that was raised in Christ and the Church,(but walked away) you just keep getting in your way. Stop proclaiming yourself, your comment about Keith gave it away. Mark, you just seem to me to continually come across as holier than thou where you should be doing the opposite. Seriously you were a tool before you went to seminary and I'm no one but if your there and accepted Christ, then "oh and as far as" don't cut it. This may be a Kentucky perspective, now in Ohio. So to answer in fully your question, where should I go, "Jesus". If you follow Jesus they're shouldn't be talking down to, just lifting up.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909710
06/24/20 09:00 PM
06/24/20 09:00 PM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
WOW !!!

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909715
06/24/20 09:02 PM
06/24/20 09:02 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I disagree with Catch 22. I don't find Mark to be holier-than-thou or looking down on anyone. Nor is he a Bible thumper.

I'm sensitive to that kind of thing, and I just don't sense it in Mark.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909725
06/24/20 09:10 PM
06/24/20 09:10 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Thank you , James, I agree one hundred percent, with your assessment.

Mark is very humble and joy to have as a friend.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909731
06/24/20 09:15 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Catch22,

Sorry you feel this way brother.
I don't know how you're able to judge a fellow follower's heart by the sentence you reference, but I meant it as; "my next comment is in reference to this..." Nothing deeper than that.
I stand on my comments; Keith's views are not the Protestant or Roman Catholic Orthodoxy of the last 2,000 years. That is not a derogatory, but a summary fact. I don't judge any man, but the views he wrote about are not traditionally held by the Christian church.

The two Doctrine's of God, that the Church as a whole has affirmed, since not long after the ascension are;

Trinitarianism.
Christology.

I attempted to humbly insert that into the conversation.

Blessings
Mark

Re: Jesus is Racist [Re: ] #6909732

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Never had those thoughts about Mark, just think he types purty.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread