No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
DIY Implements #6908744
06/23/20 09:29 PM
06/23/20 09:29 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline OP
trapper
T-Rex  Offline OP
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
OK, I'm using the word "implements" way too loosely.

I had the family over to the house on Father's Day. Honest, there were only ten of us. I would never endanger anyone by exceeding the legal limit wink
I couldn't believe all the comments on my homemade this, and my field expedited that. Doesn't anyone make anything, anymore?

I wanted to keep everyone together, but, still be able to "social distance". That since the kids were a little skeptical of coming over for fear of giving me and the old lady a case of the virus.

The whole thing was confined to my driveway, and the comments were:
  • How could you possibly make that canopy from wood pile tarps?
  • How does that Ugly Drum Smoker work?
  • Where did you get that huge stainless steel BBQ?
  • Where did you find all those huge hollow logs you're using for planters?
  • How did you get those peas to grow straight up?
  • Where do you find all that rough sawn lumber?
  • Is that smoker stand made from an old stump?

The list could go on and on. Now, after the fact, I look around and realize that I either really like to make stuff, or I'm way too cheap to buy anything. For me it is just normal, Maybe I'm just too old fashioned, and need to step up into the 21st century. Nah, I ain't going to be changing...all that stuff, even though primitive is a source of pride.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: DIY Implements [Re: run] #6908767
06/23/20 09:55 PM
06/23/20 09:55 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
Sounds like your pretty handy.

Re: DIY Implements [Re: T-Rex] #6908794
06/23/20 10:17 PM
06/23/20 10:17 PM
Michigan
M
Michigander Offline
trapper
Michigander  Offline
trapper
M

Michigan
Buying stuff sucks. There is a great sense of satisfaction digging through the scrap pile to find the perfect pieces to create something new out of the old.

Re: DIY Implements [Re: T-Rex] #6908826
06/23/20 10:43 PM
06/23/20 10:43 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
I don't know how old you are T-Rex, but I grew up in a time where if some thing broke, you fixed it. You never threw anything away, because some time in the future you would probably need a Whatchamacallit and you knew you could part of this and part of that and build one. I know, I know .... we live in a throw away world today. In the last couple of years I have tried to repair a couple of small appliances... I knew it could only be on or two things wrong with them... and I could fix them .... NOPE... couldn't get them apart with out destroying them...

I liked the good old days better... and no, not because things were cheaper, because they were relevant... if they only cost a quarter, I only had a nickel. Because you had to use your mind, and figure things out.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: DIY Implements [Re: T-Rex] #6908880
06/23/20 11:53 PM
06/23/20 11:53 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
There aint no such thing as scrap. Only a lack of imagination. Right now I have an old boat prop shaft, an 6 wheel ATV and a boat trailer. Now in that combined lot and just adding some other bits an pieces there is a nice sawmill in that pile just waiting to come out. Of course , once the thing is finished, the health and safety nazis will ave a coronary but thats part of the fun. I would not be where I am today if I could not make things and fix stuff.
You are doing it right T Rex.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: DIY Implements [Re: T-Rex] #6908885
06/24/20 12:04 AM
06/24/20 12:04 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
And before I forget, you can have a gathering with as many people as you want. All ya got to do is burn a couple of cars, smash a few windows and call it a peaceful protest. That will keep the virus away.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: DIY Implements [Re: T-Rex] #6908953
06/24/20 06:44 AM
06/24/20 06:44 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P