No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bad coworker stories #6909866
06/24/20 11:12 PM
06/24/20 11:12 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Online content OP
trapper
tlguy  Online Content OP
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Everybody has some, let's hear em! Some posts in the union poll thread about folks not getting fired when they should got me thinking of a couple examples to get things started.

I used to work for the DNR in customer service and worked with a lady for about 2 years that wasn't cut out for customer service at all. Always grumpy, didn't know how to work the computer system, consistently messing up with the money, she even had to be moved to a back office away from the customers for a while because she couldn't deal with them. She had something like 30 years on the job when I was working with her, and that was a few years ago and I think she's still there. Talk about someone who needed firing about 29.5 years ago. Worst part is, since she's been there so long and raises are paid out to everyone equally and not based on merit, shes probably making more than most of the other customer service reps who do their job right.

My wife is a nurse and works with a woman who has no business in health care, but for reasons I've yet to wrap my brain around, she's still employed. She was furloughed for a few weeks during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic when their department didn't have enough work to keep everyone busy. In the weeks after she came back, she would regularly call the unemployment office from the company phone and wait on hold for an hour or longer instead of doing her job. You read that right, she used a company phone on company time to try and get help collecting unemployment. I'm amazed she hasn't killed someone yet, but she's been close. She's also generally terrible at her regular job duties.

What stories y'all got about bad coworkers?

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909878
06/24/20 11:19 PM
06/24/20 11:19 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
I have found the longer some employees are on a job the more they think they should get paid the most for doing the least. The Fed training I had said the 15 year mark is when many people start messing up.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: Law Dog] #6909893
06/24/20 11:33 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
They ain't my co-workers but a whole lot of congress and senate needs run off. Heard there hiring come November. smile

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909894
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I once managed about 300 women in a large clerical operation center. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, some spent more time decorating their work spaces than on their jobs. I finally had to limit the number of cards on a desk. For real.

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909895
06/24/20 11:34 PM
06/24/20 11:34 PM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Not a co-worker but Rita Crundwell of Dixon, Illinois $54 million municipal embezzeler

Last edited by dkrug; 06/25/20 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: dkrug] #6909910
06/24/20 11:50 PM
06/24/20 11:50 PM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Drove team with a genius hauling liquid oxygen. He wakes me up at a gold mine in Idaho, and says these people are really mad.
I asked " what did you do now Glenn?"
He said I shut the wrong valve and cut off the supply to the plant.
It costs over a million dollars to restart the process.

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: dkrug] #6909925
06/25/20 12:07 AM
06/25/20 12:07 AM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Drove team for a fortune 50 company with another guru.
He couldn't understand why the Customs Officers were so nice to me at the border.
I asked what did you do Bill ?
He told me it was a busy holiday and the 4 wheelers wouldn't let him cross traffic into the compound as directed.
So o o Bill gave up and drove it home.
When he drove in the drive to the terminal, everyone came running out of the office to greet him.
Customs had called and gave them 5 hours to have that truck back in customs or they would never let them cross again.
That's really bad when you have accounts with companies who have factories in both countries.

Last edited by dkrug; 06/25/20 12:26 AM. Reason: add information
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909954
06/25/20 01:13 AM
06/25/20 01:13 AM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

Well I manage a bunch of younger people...mostly early 20s. The things I’ve heard about how to run the country, how Trump is a clown, what they are entitled to, how bad their lives are...you get the idea. Tired of them showing up late. One girl has two kids, two sketchy dogs, complains about living in a dry cabin and her latest goal is to buy a 50k truck because she feels she deserves it. She constantly complains that life is so hard without a man...after everything I’ve heard out of her mouth I’m not surprised she doesn’t have one.
I’ve been employed at this company for a year, I became the manager in 5 months. Since I have been with them we have cycled through 9 or 10 people?? I can’t even keep track anymore. I have never experienced such a lack of work ethic, responsibility, accountability, hygiene and IQ in my life.

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909956
06/25/20 01:20 AM
06/25/20 01:20 AM
Iowa
trapperchris Offline
trapper
trapperchris  Offline
trapper

Iowa
Not my story: a friend of mine claims he worked with a fella who kept a pill bottle in his tool box that he'd put his boogers in. Let them dry and then shake the bottle to hear them rattle for stress relief....
I can't really top that.

Just livin' the dream...and paying full price for it!
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909958
06/25/20 01:27 AM
06/25/20 01:27 AM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

^^^what the???

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909960
06/25/20 01:30 AM
06/25/20 01:30 AM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

Wife says that sounds like a deep psychological issue..like maybe his older sister held him down and made him eat all her boogers. Bet he’s one a them folks that sniffs his bum pickin finger too.

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: trapperchris] #6909962
06/25/20 01:32 AM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Originally Posted by trapperchris
Not my story: a friend of mine claims he worked with a fella who kept a pill bottle in his tool box that he'd put his boogers in. Let them dry and then shake the bottle to hear them rattle for stress relief....
I can't really top that.

sick sick sick

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909963

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

Man people are flippin weird...

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6909977
06/25/20 03:49 AM
06/25/20 03:49 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
I watched a guy on a construction job take off his tool belt, set it on the ground, get in a zoom boom (forklift), then drive over his own tool belt to pick up a pile of lumber.

No one else involved; he left it right in his own way and forgot it was there. Incredible.

I was an apprentice for an electrician once, whose main specialty was running out the clock and milking every job to the max. I remember once he told me to meet him at the job site first thing in the morning. Then he sent me back 20 minutes the way I came to the store to pick up an order of light fixtures, while he waited at the job. After I returned, he sent me back to the store to get jack chain to hang the lights. Then a 3rd trip to get cable and connectors. I took 3-4 trips to the store to acquire a basic parts list that I could have picked up on my way to work, while he smoked and drank coffee "waiting for me." Yet oddly enough when 5 o'clock rolled around he was motivated enough to work an hour or 2 of OT to get something done. He could stretch a 2 hour job into almost a week. He also figured out that if he didn't get his time into the office by the payroll deadline, and then gave the boss a sob story, the boss would pay him cash instead of payroll. Incidentally, this also allowed him to skip his child support withholding. Needless to say he "forgot" to turn his time in regularly.

Don't worry though, he was dumb too. I watched him park his pickup right behind a ditch witch, jump on the witch, fire it up and pop it in reverse. He pushed the trencher part way through his pickup hood before he shut it off, then explained that he wasn't really sure how to drive it.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6910012
06/25/20 06:42 AM
06/25/20 06:42 AM
Wisconsin
G
Green Bay Offline
trapper
Green Bay  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
I worked at a window factory that made replacement windows for old buildings. We had a lucrative contract to retro fit a high security prison with the best glass we could get. It was an inch thick, embedded with wire, and shatterproof. The boss ordered the glass for the windows but messed up on the measurements.

We ended up getting multiple pallets of precut glass that we couldn't use. It cost the company $100,000 but he didn't get fired as he was the Son of the Owner. We held onto the glass in hope of finding a use for it but eventually it all went into the dumpster.

Brian

Author of The Lure Hunter: A Guide to Finding Fishing Lures
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: KenaiKid] #6910054
06/25/20 07:38 AM
06/25/20 07:38 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
I watched a guy on a construction job take off his tool belt, set it on the ground, get in a zoom boom (forklift), then drive over his own tool belt to pick up a pile of lumber.

No one else involved; he left it right in his own way and forgot it was there. Incredible.

I was an apprentice for an electrician once, whose main specialty was running out the clock and milking every job to the max. I remember once he told me to meet him at the job site first thing in the morning. Then he sent me back 20 minutes the way I came to the store to pick up an order of light fixtures, while he waited at the job. After I returned, he sent me back to the store to get jack chain to hang the lights. Then a 3rd trip to get cable and connectors. I took 3-4 trips to the store to acquire a basic parts list that I could have picked up on my way to work, while he smoked and drank coffee "waiting for me." Yet oddly enough when 5 o'clock rolled around he was motivated enough to work an hour or 2 of OT to get something done. He could stretch a 2 hour job into almost a week. He also figured out that if he didn't get his time into the office by the payroll deadline, and then gave the boss a sob story, the boss would pay him cash instead of payroll. Incidentally, this also allowed him to skip his child support withholding. Needless to say he "forgot" to turn his time in regularly.

Don't worry though, he was dumb too. I watched him park his pickup right behind a ditch witch, jump on the witch, fire it up and pop it in reverse. He pushed the trencher part way through his pickup hood before he shut it off, then explained that he wasn't really sure how to drive it.

He was breaking his tool belt in.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6910059
06/25/20 07:41 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
A "mechanic" that I used to work with would perform a 4 wheel alignment by driving the car down a flat road. If it went straight and the steering wheel was centered, he called it good.

Never made it to the alignment rack and got paid 1.6 hours for it.

Service writers loved him cause he could crank out the hours.

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: Green Bay] #6910060
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Green Bay
I worked at a window factory that made replacement windows for old buildings. We had a lucrative contract to retro fit a high security prison with the best glass we could get. It was an inch thick, embedded with wire, and shatterproof. The boss ordered the glass for the windows but messed up on the measurements.

We ended up getting multiple pallets of precut glass that we couldn't use. It cost the company $100,000 but he didn't get fired as he was the Son of the Owner. We held onto the glass in hope of finding a use for it but eventually it all went into the dumpster.

Brian

This man is not the only one to screw up window measurements. It happened on a residential house here in Virginia too. We used the windows on our parlor.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6910062
06/25/20 07:42 AM
06/25/20 07:42 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Online content
trapper
Bruce T  Online Content
trapper

Northern Maine
You ever asked a new young coworker to go get the board stretcher? grin

Nevada bound
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: Bruce T] #6910066
06/25/20 07:44 AM
06/25/20 07:44 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by Bruce T
You ever asked a new young coworker to go get the board stretcher? grin

We sent the new detail guy to the parts dealer next door to the shop to get a set of Fallopian tubes for a 93 pickup.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread