No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Union Poll [Re: warrior] #6910175
06/25/20 10:15 AM
06/25/20 10:15 AM
Davenport, Iowa
K
kevtrap Offline
trapper
kevtrap  Offline
trapper
K

Davenport, Iowa
UAW member but real tempted to withdraw. Like others have said, they protect the worthless, and benefit the leaders. The good workers they sacrifice.

Re: Union Poll [Re: warrior] #6910222
06/25/20 11:16 AM
06/25/20 11:16 AM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
i am disappointed. i didn't even get a nibble.

Re: Union Poll [Re: warrior] #6910336
06/25/20 01:02 PM
06/25/20 01:02 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
That's because union or not, we all know those guys.

Re: Union Poll [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6910351
06/25/20 01:20 PM
06/25/20 01:20 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
One place where I worked elected me to represent the Dept.where I was stationed.The previous guy had moved and nobody wanted it,I was new and didn't want it either.When the union official started laying out the proposals for the up coming contract one of them was for the elimination of a couple of positions.He explained that the unions position was eliminating them would mean extra dollars per hour for everybody.One of those positions was mine!I listened,amazed,as he explained these jobs would probably be eliminated sooner or later anyway and the goal was to see that the money saved boosted the existing workers earnings.I couldn't believe I was paying dues for a union that was fast tracking the elimination of my job.

So you just gave an example of unions not protecting useless jobs/workers.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Union Poll [Re: warrior] #6910390
06/25/20 02:07 PM
06/25/20 02:07 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
I can tell you that the teacher's unions have been terrible for education; they've made our public school system into a liberal indoctrination.

And on a personal note, one of my sons was a college flight instructor and of course a member of the union. He ran for state representative as a republican and the union took his union dues and gave them to his opponent's campaign.

Last edited by BernieB.; 06/25/20 02:10 PM.
Re: Union Poll [Re: warrior] #6910409
06/25/20 02:48 PM
06/25/20 02:48 PM

O
Oh Snap
Unregistered
Oh Snap
Unregistered
O

The major problem with unions, (I have retired from one been in 2) is that there is no way they can run YOUR union / business. Union members elect leaders from the membership. They are members that lobby for the position while being on the EMPLOYERS payroll. From my experience they are the ones that can't cut it working but have the silver tongues They don't have business experience or accounting or any other trained management skills. They spend money like a drunk sailor, new pick ups, fancy offices and on and on. Much more benefits than any other union member gets. They also are usually on a lot OF OVERTIME! When there isn't enough of YOUR money for the earned retirement fund they go to Uncle Sam and passes laws making the signatory employers responsible for their mis management of YOUR MONEY!

I know of 2 second generation construction related businesses that have closed their doors and a couple more still operating that cant sell because the withdrawal liability owed the union (MILLIONS) is more than what they could get in a sale for their businesses. Even though each month each one of them paid the benefit dollars to the retirement fund.

The big question that needs to be answered.... WHO CAME FIRST...THE EMPLOYER OR THE UNION...AND WHO DO YOU WORK FOR....AND WHO NEEDS TO MAKE A PROFIT?

It cost me dearly to pay to withdraw and was the best thing I ever did before I was like others companies here!!!!!

Re: Union Poll [Re: warrior] #6910442
06/25/20 03:47 PM
06/25/20 03:47 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I believe Unions of the past brought about the fair labor laws we have today. But, I wouldn’t belong to a Union now if they paid me. We have lost a little something every year I’ve been with the company. All my unions dues bought me was a Chic-Fil-A sandwich the first Tuesday of every month. Unions now are just a money making scheme. I have to work with our local president. He is “allowed” off 180 days for union time, plus his regular vacation, and this year due to virus, the company allowed 4 weeks paid time off. He takes advantage of it all. So basically 8 months out of the year we have to cover for him. He “claims” it’s not his work, but the companies, even though he was hired for that specific job. I wouldn’t urinate on him if he was on fire. Even our “union” members can’t stand him. He was “elected” by the women downtown instead of the actual workers.

Re: Union Poll [Re: Boco] #6910449
06/25/20 03:59 PM
06/25/20 03:59 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
[

So you just gave an example of unions not protecting useless jobs/workers.[/quote]
Nobody brought up the Canadian Railway System

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Union Poll [Re: warrior] #6910465
06/25/20 04:49 PM
06/25/20 04:49 PM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
The other thing I noticed about union workers was their near universal belief that they could "run" the company without management. That is as nonsensical as management claiming that a labor force is superfluous. Surely I will get a nibble now.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread