No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6910079
06/25/20 07:56 AM
06/25/20 07:56 AM
Misery
Michael Morris Offline
"Hombre que mata demasiadas cosas"
Michael Morris  Offline
"Hombre que mata demasiadas cosas"

Misery
Had a bipolar manager once, lot of anger issues, would just fly off the handle for no reason. Screamed at me one day over an email I didn't send, but I did send it, when I showed him, he just walked off, no apologies. Guy was a jerk, luckily he was only my manager for a few years before he retired. Worked on eggshells for those few years though, was pure (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). Everyone in the building hated him. When he retired I immediately blocked and deleted his contact info. Good riddance

Push yourself to be more than you were
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6910083
06/25/20 08:09 AM
06/25/20 08:09 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
I worked at this job , one of my coworkers was arrested for sleeping with his underage niece. Everyone had heard about it from the newspaper. He had been arrested at home but then released after a visit to the police station. Court date set for him.
He was at work the next day awaiting trial in a week or so.
Couple days later , management fired him for ' creating a hostile work environment '

The guy was perplexed as to why they told him he was creating a hostile work environment.
Management told him it was a hostile work environment because everyone wanted to kill him........

He got a few years in jail.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6910085
06/25/20 08:12 AM
06/25/20 08:12 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I don’t know that I’ve experienced a bad coworker, more like an uneducated coworker. Many times we look at a struggling coworker and make fun of them or discuss them with other coworkers when they aren’t around. We assume that everybody learns the way we do and when they don’t, we throw them in the “worthless” box.

When this happens, the “bad coworker” is what you have become.

-Goofy-
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6910127
06/25/20 08:59 AM
06/25/20 08:59 AM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
Had a lady I worked with for a while who talked to people on the phone all day. While she was hanging up but just before she would almost always say something like ''Jerk'' ''Scumbag'', ect. I'm sure people could hear it.

Had a guy I worked with who lied about his driving record and turned in a fake license for approval during his interview so his driving record could be checked out. Then after he got hired gave a different license with 7 arrested for high speed pursuit, eluding police, speeding, ect.

Hired a guy who worked here for a while. One day he went in the men's room and dropped his drawers and took a picture of his private parts and sent it to the secretary in the office. Fired

Told one guy to stay off his phone while he was driving. I got a call and pulled over on an overpass where there was room. As I was talking I noticed a truck that looked familiar coming my way- it was him. I saw him on his cell phone. Right in his lane laid a 15' long section of exhaust complete with a huge muffler off of a big truck. No one else was driving close by him at all. He ran right over it and blew the front left tire off the truck.

Same guy got lost driving and decided he needed to back up on a four lane busy downtown street. Right int a two day old 4 door Mercedes -one of the big ones. Then he told the lady his boss would fire him and to let him work it off so he cooked up a scene to work for her stealing materials from the shop to do the work.

Had a guy come back into the shop 2 hours late on overtime and tell me that's how long the job took only to have the homeowner show up the next day and give me $40.00 to pay that guy for baby sitting her kids for two hours so she could go run errands.

Had a complaint one time about one of our guys with his shirt off and dancing in someones home while he was supposed to be working. The homeowner wanted him out immediately. I called him and asked what he was doing and he lied and said he did not know why the lady said that. So I sent him to the next job- vacant house - and went to check. I could here the dance music in the street when I pulled up and found him shirtless in the house covered in sweat. That's when I found out he was a Zumba instructor.

Told the guys to leave all their phone in the shop since they would not stay off of them and I had complaints from drivers calling our numbers on the trucks saying guys were on the phones driving erratically. So they all left their old phones in the shop.

Hired a guy two weeks ago. He worked his second day and never came back. no call - no show

Hired his replacement and he at least e-mailed me the night before and said he didn't want the job after all.

Yesterday a guy called and asked to fill out an application. He came in and was sitting in the lobby and wanted to talk to me. I was unloading a semi and had to get something from the office so he short stopped me. I told him thanks for filling out the application but I was in the middle of something and could not talk right then. As soon as I went out the door the office lady told me he looked at her and wadded up the application, threw it on the floor and left. Ha! Saved me a headache probably.

For all of you working for someone else who are interview = Never Ever say the words '' I'm a bust as_ workhorse boss '' in your interview. You'll never get hired.

One of our guys delivered to a cabinet shop. He decided he needed a 65'' OLD TV brand new in the box worse than they did so he tossed it in the back of our truck and took it to his house. It was on video. Had to get the police involved and he spent three day in jail. The company had to buy the TV for $6000.00. Did I tell you he spent 3 days in jail. Then the cabinet company didn't want to deal with us anymore. Did I tell you he spent 3 days in jail? Then he claimed unemployment for firing him. They gave it to him too. Someone had to call our local states attorney to complain and he told the company that because the company had paid for the TV there was now now crime so he could get unemployment.

Had a guy who would hide under his desk and make personal phone calls. Sometimes he would cry on the phone and disturb the other office people. Went ot his office and asked him if everything was ok. His phone cord was under his desk and he was under there sobbing. ''Yeah no problem at all'' then he jumped and had a big smile on his face. Wouldn't talk about it.

I got a lot of them.

Last edited by Larry Baer; 06/25/20 09:01 AM.

Just passin through
Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6910971
06/25/20 10:30 PM
06/25/20 10:30 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline OP
trapper
tlguy  Offline OP
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
I don’t know that I’ve experienced a bad coworker, more like an uneducated coworker. Many times we look at a struggling coworker and make fun of them or discuss them with other coworkers when they aren’t around. We assume that everybody learns the way we do and when they don’t, we throw them in the “worthless” box.

Getting fired for not doing your job is one way to get a quick education. Seems too many managers nowadays are too much of a sissy to send someone packing, and the whole team suffers for it.

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: ] #6911061
06/25/20 11:28 PM
06/25/20 11:28 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by Wylee
. Bet he’s one a them folks that sniffs his bum pickin finger too.

Well how's a feller sposed to tell when needs to 'swab the deck'?!

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6911074
06/25/20 11:46 PM
06/25/20 11:46 PM
MO
T
trap master Offline
trapper
trap master  Offline
trapper
T

MO
I work with a guy that is an absolute white trash POS. he thinks he is gods gift to this world. treats people terrible, talks to them terrible just hateful and a bully. well ive kind of got a soft spot for these kind of guys(sarcasm) so I didn't ever say much to him until the dayt he tried it with me. I watched grown men including management walk on egg shells around this guy. I aint that kind of guy. long story short I didn't bow down to his crap and he didn't like that, especially when I made him look like a fool in front of his little posse.

but the thing that really did it, mind you this was a union job and he was king union guy, you know the kind, every shops got one. he was the operator on a boom truck. they hauled a trench box to a job site, had it chained and boomed down. get to job site and go to unload it, 2 guys holding the chains tag ends to guide the box. one young hadn't been there long, other guy had been there 25 years. anyhow king union man and according to him operator supreme, he raises the boom up directly into a high voltage wire and electrocutes the 2 guys holding the chains. killed the young guy and blew the hands and feet off the older guy. nothing happened to him cause he was insulated by the rubber tires.

So after that happened you would think that would really humble a guy, not this white trash. still acts the same way. Oh and the union fought for him and continues to do so even though anytime the is an issue he is always involved in the trouble making. I told him and the union to stick it where the sun don't shine. I love whenever he's in earshot commenting how im making more money than him cause I aint got no democrat supooting union dues coming out of my check.

Re: Bad coworker stories [Re: tlguy] #6911200
06/26/20 06:47 AM
06/26/20 06:47 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by tlguy
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Getting fired for not doing your job is one way to get a quick education. Seems too many managers nowadays are too much of a sissy to send someone packing, and the whole team suffers for it.

Wrong, too many managers are forced to operate under staffed and when an opening occurs, they aren’t afforded the time to be as selective as they would like. That and the current blind process that allows individuals to cloak their work ethic and habits. Once in the system it takes 120 days and a book of paperwork to get someone out.

Here’s a situation where I was a bad manger.

I noticed an employee was missing time from work which was out of character for him. It was mostly on Mondays. My “reasonable suspicion” training pointed the next step was to send him for a random drug screening. Me, being the racist that I am, took into account he was African American, had recently lost his brother and was acting out of character, called him in and told him what I was observing and that the company had a number of services to assist employees with a variety of issues. I got a call from HR stating he would be absent for some time. He returned to work and was the employee he was before.

Everybody on the team knew what he was doing and complained among themselves. The company policies would of had me fire him. I didn’t feel that was the right thing to do.

I completed the paperwork for 7 employees in 21 years whose actions or inactions terminated themselves. I reckon I could have averaged 1 a year if I was a better manager.

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 06/26/20 06:47 AM.

-Goofy-
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread