No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911201
06/26/20 06:47 AM
06/26/20 06:47 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

We got to this point because we compromised our Life(abortion), Liberty(gun laws),and Pursuit of Happiness(trapping) away.

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911222
06/26/20 07:09 AM
06/26/20 07:09 AM
vermont
V
vermontster Offline
trapper
vermontster  Offline
trapper
V

vermont
Originally Posted by J Staton
We got to this point because we compromised our Life(abortion), Liberty(gun laws),and Pursuit of Happiness(trapping) away.

J Stanton I guess you would rather have a KING ruling AMERICA! To each his own. I am not looking for a argument right now and I will bow out to your Grace.

The bitterness of poor quality last a lot longer than the sweetness of low price
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911223
06/26/20 07:11 AM
06/26/20 07:11 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

A King does rule America.
Always has and always will brother.

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911233
06/26/20 07:22 AM
06/26/20 07:22 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Yep the Lamb of Kings

Nevada bound
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911236
06/26/20 07:24 AM
06/26/20 07:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
i thought your god didnt like abortion and was all for people wearing animal skins?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911242
06/26/20 07:27 AM
06/26/20 07:27 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Mark June
A King does rule America.
Always has and always will brother.

Sadly, we've compromised Him away too.

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: danny clifton] #6911244
06/26/20 07:31 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by danny clifton
i thought your god didnt like abortion and was all for people wearing animal skins?

The one and only God thru our Lord Jesus Christ is against all mortal sin.

Nevada bound
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911245

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

There is much mystery danny.
If we were God, Satan and his disciples would not be running around quite so free.
But we're not God - so we rest in His plan.

We're not promised paradise on this earth.
We wish it were so.
Maybe that's the plan?

But, paradise is in the coming fully restored Garden (Heaven) on Earth.
God tells us, "I Promise. I'll even send my only Son to share the plan with you in person."

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911256
06/26/20 07:46 AM
06/26/20 07:46 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
We need to put our own civil army together now and protect what we have to show these people it will no longer continue. If our elected officials won't do the job they have sworn by oath to do we must do it for all of us. Am I sounding unreasonable. I am ready and willing to sacrifice what I have to participate even at my age. I have concerns many don't have the stomach for such action. The time for complacency is over. Nationwide we must act before it is too late. This thing is snow balling in front of us all.

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911262
06/26/20 08:01 AM
06/26/20 08:01 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Bob,

Lure maker to lure maker, I say we bottle some real good goo and stuff it in our fannies and when they lob bricks, we pour out a little secret sauce for 'em, go up to them and their bullhorns and invite them to take a whiff.

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: Bob Jameson] #6911264
06/26/20 08:02 AM
06/26/20 08:02 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
We need to put our own civil army together now and protect what we have to show these people it will no longer continue. If our elected officials won't do the job they have sworn by oath to do we must do it for all of us. Am I sounding unreasonable. I am ready and willing to sacrifice what I have to participate even at my age. I have concerns many don't have the stomach for such action. The time for complacency is over. Nationwide we must act before it is too late. This thing is snow balling in front of us all.

With the patriot act in place how do you organize such civil army to the proportion required?

-Goofy-
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6911269
06/26/20 08:07 AM
06/26/20 08:07 AM

T
Trap_Hunt_Fish OP
Unregistered
Trap_Hunt_Fish OP
Unregistered
T

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Immigration act of 1965. That act tipped the scales of power and turned states like California, AZ, CO and NM Blue, Conservatives tried to become much more liberal to appeal to the new electorate but it has not worked and has only pushed bother parties further left.

Another point around immigration. It sounds nice and is pc to accept all cultures and imbrace differences, however without assimilation a country cannot be culturally unified.

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911273
06/26/20 08:10 AM
06/26/20 08:10 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
not just the patriot act but that black dress wearing bunch of traitors called supreme court of the united states

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6911277
06/26/20 08:16 AM
06/26/20 08:16 AM

T
Trap_Hunt_Fish OP
Unregistered
Trap_Hunt_Fish OP
Unregistered
T

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
Problem isn't so much the politicians as it is lobbyists. We need to get rid of them. No one should be able to sway votes by paying money. Most countries don't allow lobbyists in politics, but we do.

Yes, this problem hides in the shadows. The process is counter to a true democracy. Unfortunately, the fox has been in the chicken coup for too long so enacting limiting legislation thru the same elected officials is tough

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911279
06/26/20 08:19 AM
06/26/20 08:19 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Anything can be done just like those BLM activists and Anti fa jerks they don't follow any laws or rules we don't have too either under these conditions. You don't worry about laws any more as they don't mean anything. Laws are good only if it suits someones agenda. They want mob rule we can provide all the resistance they want nationwide.

I would go to jail in a heartbeat if necessary for protection of my rights, liberties and property. I don't care who is standing in front of me, that is how I feel at this point. Once this backlash begins others will follow I am sure. Most of the country with good sense has about had their fill of this.

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: Bob Jameson] #6911286
06/26/20 08:30 AM
06/26/20 08:30 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
Anything can be done just like those BLM activists and Anti fa jerks they don't follow any laws or rules we don't have too either under these conditions. You don't worry about laws any more as they don't mean anything. Laws are good only if it suits someones agenda. They want mob rule we can provide all the resistance they want nationwide.

I would go to jail in a heartbeat if necessary for protection of my rights, liberties and property. I don't care who is standing in front of me, that is how I feel at this point. Once this backlash begins others will follow I am sure. Most of the country with good sense has about had their fill of this.

You think blm and antifa are the equivalent of an organized militia that will make a more permanent change?

I don’t think an army is still considered an army when the soldiers are arrested in small groups. I think the government refers to them as terrorist.

-Goofy-
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911292
06/26/20 08:33 AM
06/26/20 08:33 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Mark I am way ahead of you. I could make a cocktail that would scatter the mob as quick I think as any tear gas and it is legal. We may need to make a road trip to the next big event and give those radicals some country justice.

Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911299
06/26/20 08:42 AM
06/26/20 08:42 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Word is the protestors are coming to Mt Rushmore on the 4th will see how that goes for them clowns.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911303
06/26/20 08:48 AM
06/26/20 08:48 AM
N Central Kansas
Z
ZionHeritageFarm Offline
trapper
ZionHeritageFarm  Offline
trapper
Z

N Central Kansas
Part of what concerns me about taking this into the citizens hands and fixing it is that when the Founding Fathers originally did the same thing, they were a very intelligent group. They were well grounded in history, religion, civics, duty, honor, sacrifice, etc. They were able to take differing ideas and principles, and meld them into what became the founding documents. Quite honestly I don’t believe that modern society has what it takes to restore it. The Founding Fathers were scholars. They spent a lot of their lives in the pursuit of knowledge. This modern culture doesn’t do that. Even those that claim to, base a lot of their decisions upon feelings and here say rather than actually taking the time to study. They take partial facts and run with them rather than openmindedly seeking to learn. I see it a lot in debates over the Bible. Most people in this country don’t even truly know traffic law. They know enough to pass the test. The bare minimum. Then want to think themselves experts. Let alone to actually study topics. If they did that they might miss a football game, or not be able to go fishing. To take it upon themselves to really learn a subject. To actually read a book. To take courses in the constitution and law, religion, civics, etc. This country was founded by men who dedicated their lives to learning.
If anyone is truly interested, Hillsdale College offers free online courses on the constitution, etc.

Last edited by ZionHeritageFarm; 06/26/20 09:00 AM.

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. Psalms 50:2
Re: How Did We Get To This Point [Re: ] #6911306
06/26/20 08:54 AM
06/26/20 08:54 AM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
I definitely believe the separation from God in this country is what started the downturn, but as far as race relations go it started going in reverse fast again during Obama presidency, I'm not saying it was all him. If you think about 60 year ago whites were considered better and got better treatment and segregated the blacks. Then fast forward 20 years ago when I met my beautiful African American wife you really never saw anything on the news about all the race tensions, and I thought we were past all this. Then we start getting all the BLM crap and putting the blacks on a pedestal, I mean we just elected a black president and they want to tell how they are so oppressed and don't have a fair shake. Every black person I know that has put forth effort has been very successful in this country. My wife was valedictorian of a mostly white high school and graduated college on dean's list with 3.9gpa. But when you put one race on a pedestal over the other you create divide. I'm sitting in the Dr office now with the wife waiting to find out what our 4th biracial child will be so I've got skin in the game. Funny how one party is for divide. KKK and now BLM

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread