Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Traditional pan on mb550 [Re: KJD357] #6917608
07/02/20 08:47 AM
07/02/20 08:47 AM
Illinois/Indiana (depends on t...
E
eastwood44mag Offline
trapper
eastwood44mag  Offline
trapper
E

Illinois/Indiana (depends on t...
Originally Posted by KJD357
So it seems like the pre 2016 traps had the higher pan tension. I wonder what changed? I know the first generation mb 550’s have a different pan and a longer dog. But I don’t remember hearing of any changes to them in the past 10 years, besides their little disclaimer on the website of them maybe, sometimes, using foreign parts. I’d be curious to see if the pre 2016 traps maybe had a little stronger, made in the USA springs, and the latter ones maybe have foreign made ones. Or perhaps something happened with the grinding of the dogs or stamping the pans. Either way the traps I own have a pan tension that is around 2.5-3 pounds. I’d prefer a little heavier, but they work for my purposes.

And I had said above that mine were 5 years old , but after thinking about it, I believe that I started buying the 550’s in 2016

I bought mine in end of 2016, beginning of 2017, and they all are in the 4.5-5.5 pound range.

Re: Traditional pan on mb550 [Re: ] #6917660
07/02/20 09:52 AM
07/02/20 09:52 AM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Originally Posted by Cysquatch
I've done a lot of google searching on this topic, I can't find anything. Has anyone here ditched the pit pan setup on a mb550? I love these traps, but I am not a fan of pit pans. I'm sure its an unpopular opinion, but I'm wondering if its possible to swap pans for a traditional setup. Thanks

Great question. Love the trap, absolutely hate the non adjustable pan.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91