No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Picked [Re: WhiteTrash 88] #6913162
06/27/20 11:31 PM
06/27/20 11:31 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
There's a good chance of it. While researching my pedigree, I found the last names, of a high proportion of the people I have met in my life, in my pedigree. I think most of us are distant cousins many times, in many ways.

I have noticed when most of the guys on here, especially from Minnesota, Wisconsin and Texas, post pictures of their kids and grandkids, those kids would fit in perfectly at one of my families' reunions.

Keith

Re: Picked [Re: KeithC] #6913283
06/28/20 07:52 AM
06/28/20 07:52 AM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline OP
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline OP
trapper
W

Missouri
Originally Posted by KeithC
The black raspberries are just starting to ripen here. I picked these and about as many again that we ate, about an hour ago. Only the very tip berries are ripe, for the most part and on only probably one cane out of 20.

[Linked Image]

I checked about 1/3 of my fence row and wood edges, where the berries grow. It's probably going to be 10 days before there are a lot of berries.

I have had yellow raspberries for about a week.

There are virtually no mulberries or sour cherries this year.

Keith
l haven't found a variety of raspberry that does good around here. Old timers told me it gets to hot in this part of the country. Used to murder my grandmothers raspberry patch as a kid when we spent the summer in Minnesota.

Last edited by WhiteTrash 88; 06/28/20 08:03 AM.
Re: Picked [Re: WhiteTrash 88] #6913316
06/28/20 08:52 AM
06/28/20 08:52 AM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
Huckleberries are my favorite. They can be found in big numbers here in Pa for a few years after a wild fire out in the State Forest. The Two Rock wildfire in the early 90s burnt thousands of acres in southern Clinton County. In the years following, you could pick a gallon of berries an hour in some of the better patches. My uncle and I each picked over 100 quarts for several years. Low berries would ripen in mid July, high berries in August.

We would slowly dump our berry buckets in front of a high speed fan, to blow away any leaves and debris. Then put them in a big dishpan full of cold water....the small greenish berries would float to the top.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread