No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
What is the proper etiquette? #6914057
06/28/20 09:47 PM
06/28/20 09:47 PM
West Central Illinois
12 point Offline OP
trapper
12 point  Offline OP
trapper

West Central Illinois
So, I’ve got neighbors that live at the end of our lane. They have two boys, one is in 6th grade and I think the other is in 2nd grade. Since school has been out they spend alit if time at our house (not in) “helping” me with projects.
They left for Texas today to meet up with their mom’s sister and her family who are from Arizona. They are renting a home there and say that they are not leaving the home to do anything, just swim in the pool at the house.
Question is how should we handle this upon their return? I think alit if the boys and plan to take them on the line with this winter. Would you tell them not to come up or continue as normal?

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914070
06/28/20 09:52 PM
06/28/20 09:52 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Are their parents understanding? If so, I don't feel it would be rude to ask for them to wait a week or so. To me, it's YOUR decision, if you're uncomfortable, then I would think they would understand. My .02

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914112
06/28/20 10:28 PM
06/28/20 10:28 PM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
Might depend on where in Texas they are staying

Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Dallas are hot spots right now.

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914120
06/28/20 10:34 PM
06/28/20 10:34 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Until I saw the replies I had no idea what you were talking about. Have you been going out grocery shopping and stuff or have you been completely quarantined with someone dropping off your supplies to you? Unless you've been having zero contact with anyone, let the kids come over.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914124
06/28/20 10:36 PM
McCurtain Co. Oklahoma
O
OKforester Offline
trapper
OKforester  Offline
trapper
O

McCurtain Co. Oklahoma
By you posting this it is obvious you have concerns about your health. If I were that concerned I would definitely have a conversation with their parents about them coming over. 14 days seems to be the magic amount of time. Let their parents explain to them why being respectful of others concerns is the right thing to do.

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: yotetrapper30] #6914125
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Until I saw the replies I had no idea what you were talking about. Have you been going out grocery shopping and stuff or have you been completely quarantined with someone dropping off your supplies to you? Unless you've been having zero contact with anyone, let the kids come over.

I was right there with you. I kept rereading the question trying to figure it out.

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914348
06/29/20 06:20 AM
06/29/20 06:20 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Online shocked
trapper
elkaholic  Online Shocked
trapper
E

PA
Here's another suggestion.

Getting an erasable whiteboard.

Everyday write little projects on it for them to do without actually coming in contact with you. As they finish one they put a check next to it, and once you've checked for completion you can erase it, and add another.

After 2 weeks then allow them to come in close contact with you.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914354
06/29/20 06:29 AM
06/29/20 06:29 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Covid is pretty bad in my neck of the woods. I know people that have it currently.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914379
06/29/20 07:24 AM
06/29/20 07:24 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Tell them you look forward to seeing them again after they come back and complete their 14 day quarantine period.

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914561
06/29/20 11:39 AM
06/29/20 11:39 AM
Mass.
T
Trapper Don Offline
trapper
Trapper Don  Offline
trapper
T

Mass.
Proper etiquette would be for them to ask you if and when would it be okay for the boys to return.
But I agree with EdP. I think thats the best and most comfortable way for everyone.
Don LaFountain

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914595
06/29/20 12:18 PM
06/29/20 12:18 PM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
If you're uncomfortable with it now, how are you going to be comfortable with it this winter?

There have been documented cases of people getting out of the hospital after being cured of covid and then being reinfected and readmitted. The first example of this was in Japan. There have been many more.

If you can be reinfected, there is no immunity. If there is no immunity, there can be no effective vaccine.

Think it through and common sense may prevail. If A=B & B=C then A=C. Covid is not a flu, it is similar to the common cold virus.

Last edited by wildflights; 06/29/20 12:19 PM.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914602
06/29/20 12:25 PM
06/29/20 12:25 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Wow, no wonder the States are in a spiralling health crisis. 14 days don't let them set foot on your property. We had some folks arrive at their cottage here from New York a couple days ago somehow getting through the boarder, all over the neighbourhood and in and out of our community right away. Police were there within 24 hrs of their arrival as a result of community complaints. warned for breaching 14 day quarantine.

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914603
06/29/20 12:27 PM
06/29/20 12:27 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I think in the day and time we are in , asking they keep their distance for a week then return to normal , I know max incubation is 14 days , 7 with nothing and keeping some distance the next 7 I would expect the parents to understand your caution.

to the boys explain it is like when animals return form a show , they don't go right back into the heard flock or clutch they quarantine a while , you don't think they got any sickness while they were gone but young people can carry it an not know and give to older people.

maybe you can plan tasks that keep them distanced a bit for their return.

they say having masks can help maybe get them each a bandanna and they can be cowboys for a bit when they get back , honestly anyone traveling should have a mask these days already.

my parents have been playing it very safe , being older higher risk category and my mom needing to still be able to help her mom with dr apointments and such , late 80s.

my dads mom is in isolation the assisted living facility she is in has not allowed anyone in , they had one covid issue and managed to deal with it but when your in your 90s its basically a life ending illness.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6914729
06/29/20 04:18 PM
06/29/20 04:18 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
Have the parent's email.

A short, polite email sharing your concern and asking that they give you two weeks space after they return is perfectly fine. I'd mention that you're happy to have them around and even hope to take the trapping this winter. Keep it short, too many people say too much when they think they're giving bad news.

If I got that email from a neighbor, my reply would be "I understand, they're looking forward to seeing you again on the...."

-Ryan
Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: wildflights] #6914740
06/29/20 04:36 PM
06/29/20 04:36 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by wildflights
If you're uncomfortable with it now, how are you going to be comfortable with it this winter?

There have been documented cases of people getting out of the hospital after being cured of covid and then being reinfected and readmitted. The first example of this was in Japan. There have been many more.

If you can be reinfected, there is no immunity. If there is no immunity, there can be no effective vaccine.

Think it through and common sense may prevail. If A=B & B=C then A=C. Covid is not a flu, it is similar to the common cold virus.

Where did you come up with this wealth of knowledge? Apparently you know something that all those scientist who are racing each other to produce a vaccine, missed.

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: Diggerman] #6915099
06/29/20 10:04 PM
06/29/20 10:04 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Younger, healthy youth can not show signs of illness at all even when infected. You can do as you find best for you. For me at 72 and with some conditions I would ask for a couple weeks of self quarantine from yourself.
They will be back in some form of school when the season is on and that will can be an issues but hopefully after some separation time you and the boys can spend time together. We have no real knowledge of what things will be like in a month let alone 2,3, 6 or 12 months.

Bryce

Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: Diggerman] #6915489
06/30/20 11:28 AM
06/30/20 11:28 AM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by wildflights

Where did you come up with this wealth of knowledge? Apparently you know something that all those scientist who are racing each other to produce a vaccine, missed.

The common cold is a type of coronavirus. Here is an article for your consideration-
https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/people-build-immunity-coronavirus-common-cold/
Comparing it as if it is a form of flu is misleading. I believe this was done to convince people to accept a Covid (flu like) vaccine.

The first confirmable reinfection case was in Japan back in February.
https://www.msn.com/en-xl/asia/asia...-reinfected-with-coronavirus/ar-BB10trW4
There have been many since. Korea has reported hundreds of such cases.

There is no immunity from recovery = there can be no effective vaccine.

The WHO and subsequently the CDC have been feeding bad info going back at least into early February. At that time the WHO was stating that it was more difficult to get covid person to person than (some randomly changing) animal to person. That is not how viruses mutate and spread. It is a big jump for a virus to spread from one species to another. Hypothetically if it is jumping back and forth between dogs and people, it is just as infectious dog/dog or person/person and possibly dog/person.

There has been a string of lies and bad info since. As stated earlier, think it through and common sense may prevail.

Last edited by wildflights; 06/30/20 11:42 AM.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: What is the proper etiquette? [Re: 12 point] #6915506
06/30/20 11:52 AM
06/30/20 11:52 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
There are already several vaccines for it-they are in the testing phase right now to make sure there are no bad side effects like growing a second head or something.
It will be at least a couple years before a tested and approved vaccine is available to the masses.Sooner for frontline healthcare workers.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread