No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915177
06/29/20 11:22 PM
06/29/20 11:22 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,805
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
trapper
Leftlane  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,805
The Hill Country of Texas
How about reversible sterilization be a requirement to receive any type of public assistance?
It could be reversed when that person "got back on their feet".


"Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children."
D. Trump
Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915189
06/29/20 11:49 PM
06/29/20 11:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 26,357
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 26,357
james bay frontierOnt.
You get your nuts cut off then if you want babies in the future a Canuck will pleasure your woman and strengthen your gene pool all at the same time.

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915192
06/29/20 11:53 PM
06/29/20 11:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,805
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
trapper
Leftlane  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,805
The Hill Country of Texas
I'm not sure you are able to comprehend somethings. Maybe you frost bit your gray matter too many times.


"Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children."
D. Trump
Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: Mike in A-town] #6915241
06/30/20 02:13 AM
06/30/20 02:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 715
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 715
Kenai AK
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town


I guess you can only be pragmatic about human life when the human in question doesn't have a face yet.

Mike


Exactly. And you can only be compassionate about it when it can vote or riot. You'll notice that BLM doesn't take issue with the 40% of abortions that are black, only the 32% of police shootings.

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: Chancey] #6915273
06/30/20 05:46 AM
06/30/20 05:46 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,685
Anchorage, Alaska
J
James Online content OP
"Minka"
James  Online Content OP
"Minka"
J

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,685
Anchorage, Alaska
Originally Posted by Chancey
Originally Posted by James
In a 5-4 decision, with Roberts joining the majority, The Court has struck down Louisiana's requirement that abortion doctors have admitting privileges to a hospital.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2020/06/29/scotus-10-am-n2571510

I haven't read the decision yet, but am wondering if anyone has.

Jim



Does not matter James what the decision says. Killing unborn human babies is wrong. Don't have to be either educated or a lawyer to know that. - Chancey


It does matter what the decision says, if you are interested in watching the courts and trying to predict which abortion laws could be upheld and which overturned.

There's always an alternative to just looking at the problem and wringing your hands. If the subject concerns you, if you are genuinely interested, then I expect you are already donating to the cause of unwanted children and perhaps even adopted one or two yourself. If so, I salute you for walking the talk.

Jim


Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: Gary Benson] #6915282
06/30/20 06:13 AM
06/30/20 06:13 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,041
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Online happy
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Online Happy
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,041
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Unwanted children are born everyday and the taxpayer is forced to adopt them.

Go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all full here.


"Forgiveness".......because there is no Time Machine.

-Goofy-
Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915297
06/30/20 06:51 AM
06/30/20 06:51 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town


I guess you can only be pragmatic about human life when the human in question doesn't have a face yet.

Mike


Exactly. And you can only be compassionate about it when it can vote or riot. You'll notice that BLM doesn't take issue with the 40% of abortions that are black, only the 32% of police shootings.


They are killing babies with fully developed faces capable of breathing and living outside the mother, in some democrat controlled states. Democrats have proposed being legally able to kill babies soon after birth. They are evil.

Keith

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915302
06/30/20 07:08 AM
06/30/20 07:08 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by James
It does matter what the decision says, if you are interested in watching the courts and trying to predict which abortion laws could be upheld and which overturned.

There's always an alternative to just looking at the problem and wringing your hands. If the subject concerns you, if you are genuinely interested, then I expect you are already donating to the cause of unwanted children and perhaps even adopted one or two yourself. If so, I salute you for walking the talk.

Jim


James, there is around 2,000,000 US families, actively enrolled to adopt available babies. That's 36 families for every baby available for adoption in the US. 3,477,000 US women, with fertility problems, are interested in adopting babies. Most want to adopt more babies, after the first.

https://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/waiting_adoptive_families

Over 81,000,000 Americans have considered adopting. Families know the chances of being able to adopt a baby is exceedingly slim.

There is a huge shortage of babies to adopt.

Keith

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915345
06/30/20 08:16 AM
06/30/20 08:16 AM
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 428
PA
R
RKG Offline
trapper
RKG  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 428
PA
You cannot legislate morality. The only time change can and will come, is when the hearts and minds of the people are changed.
Once that happens, you don't need the laws anymore- they become moot points.

If abortions are declared illegal today, they will still go on in private, undisclosed locations. The only way to effect change, is for people to see and accept the intrinsic value of human life. The change has to come from within, it is never effective when it only comes from the outside.

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: RKG] #6915355
06/30/20 08:28 AM
06/30/20 08:28 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,385
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,385
Georgia
Originally Posted by RKG
You cannot legislate morality. The only time change can and will come, is when the hearts and minds of the people are changed.
Once that happens, you don't need the laws anymore- they become moot points.

If abortions are declared illegal today, they will still go on in private, undisclosed locations. The only way to effect change, is for people to see and accept the intrinsic value of human life. The change has to come from within, it is never effective when it only comes from the outside.


Seriously, you want to trot out that old saw?

Well let me shoot that down with some equally ancient responses.

What about murder, theft, rape? Shall we just do away with laws against these things because "you cannot legislate morality"?

All law is based on morality whether one personally likes morality or not. The basic premise of the law "malum in se", wrong in fact, is at its core moral.

Why don't you instead speak the truth and instead say, you can't legislate away my desire to be immoral?

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915360
06/30/20 08:32 AM
06/30/20 08:32 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,385
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,385
Georgia
I would opine that infanticide is clearly malum in se.

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: Boco] #6915364
06/30/20 08:39 AM
06/30/20 08:39 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,137
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,137
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by Boco
You get your nuts cut off then if you want babies in the future a Canuck will pleasure your woman and strengthen your gene pool all at the same time.


BOCO.

Are you running low on farm animals up there ? shocked


Member: New York State Trappers Association,
Oswego County Trappers,
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters.

I Support Non-Resident Trapping Nation-Wide

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915373
06/30/20 08:55 AM
06/30/20 08:55 AM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 945
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 945
IA
If people would look into the founding of Planed Parenthood, it was founded by one of the most racist people to ever live. Her idea was to eliminate the black population by limiting their reproduction. Most abortions, as of 2017, were received by black women. Her plan seems to be working. But you don't see protesters burning down any Planed Parenthood facilities.

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: walleyed] #6915443
06/30/20 10:10 AM
06/30/20 10:10 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,444
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,444
rogers city mi.
Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by Boco
You get your nuts cut off then if you want babies in the future a Canuck will pleasure your woman and strengthen your gene pool all at the same time.


BOCO.

Are you running low on farm animals up there ? shocked

He's just getting tired of waiting for one to thaw out


olden tyred
Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: cat daddy] #6915507
06/30/20 11:53 AM
06/30/20 11:53 AM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 222
Southern Indiana
P
Pressure9pa Offline
trapper
Pressure9pa  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 222
Southern Indiana
Originally Posted by cat daddy
Roberts is a wolf in sheeps clothing


Roberts does what I wish the other 8 would do, which is interpret case law and not use personal opinion. Roberts voted to uphold almost identical language in a Texas law a few years ago in which he was the minority. He voted against it this week because he considered the previous Texas case to be settled law. Much like Obamacare, he voted against the ability for the government to mandate the purchase of health insurance via the commerce clause, but allowed it as a tax - which while it upheld the law makes the repeal much easier.

I don't always agree with his decisions or like the outcomes, but I find Roberts to be the most judicially principled member of the court.

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: Pressure9pa] #6915509
06/30/20 11:54 AM
06/30/20 11:54 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,815
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,815
east central WI
Originally Posted by Pressure9pa
Originally Posted by cat daddy
Roberts is a wolf in sheeps clothing


Roberts does what I wish the other 8 would do, which is interpret case law and not use personal opinion. Roberts voted to uphold almost identical language in a Texas law a few years ago in which he was the minority. He voted against it this week because he considered the previous Texas case to be settled law. Much like Obamacare, he voted against the ability for the government to mandate the purchase of health insurance via the commerce clause, but allowed it as a tax - which while it upheld the law makes the repeal much easier.

I don't always agree with his decisions or like the outcomes, but I find Roberts to be the most judicially principled member of the court.


Yep. He just voted to support school funding for religious schools.

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: Leftlane] #6915513
06/30/20 12:05 PM
06/30/20 12:05 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Leftlane
How about reversible sterilization be a requirement to receive any type of public assistance?
It could be reversed when that person "got back on their feet".


That should be mandatory and most of the world's poverty and starvation problems would be over in a few generations. Never breed culls. By taking money from hard working Americans and giving it to non working Americans and even giving them more money for having kids, we are breeding culls.

Keith

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: James] #6915518
06/30/20 12:11 PM
06/30/20 12:11 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 26,357
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 26,357
james bay frontierOnt.
Then how could the economy continue to grow?You need more and more people consuming goods for the economy(stock market) to continue to grow in perpetuity.
That is why western governments with inadequate reproductive rates import masses from 3'rd world countries.

Stupid system,isn't it.

Last edited by Boco; 06/30/20 12:12 PM.
Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: Boco] #6915525
06/30/20 12:17 PM
06/30/20 12:17 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Boco
Then how could the economy continue to grow?You need more and more people consuming goods for the economy(stock market) to continue to grow in perpetuity.
That is why western governments with inadequate reproductive rates import masses from 3'rd world countries.

Stupid system,isn't it.


You don't need more people of low quality. Better quality people would have more children if they could keep more of the money they earn. Really all you need is better quality new goods for people to purchase.

Keith

Re: Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion law [Re: Boco] #6915527
06/30/20 12:18 PM
06/30/20 12:18 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,543
Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Boco
Then how could the economy continue to grow?You need more and more people consuming goods for the economy(stock market) to continue to grow in perpetuity.
That is why western governments with inadequate reproductive rates import masses from 3'rd world countries.

Stupid system,isn't it.


They also bring third world people because they are less intelligent and easy to control.

Keith

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread