No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Report from truck driver in Atlanta #6915375
06/30/20 08:56 AM
06/30/20 08:56 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline OP
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline OP
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I'm not the driver...copied and pasted from another forum....

Luck wasn't with me in Atlanta. I don't normally run out to the east coast for personal ( the region sucks ) reasons but this was a critical load and my stops were well away from the downtown area so I figured I could pull it off.

I did but it wasn't pleasant.

I had to detour three times to get to stop 1. A crazy amount of LE are calling in sick around Atlanta, and I honestly don't blame them. This has given the green light to criminals, gang bangers, and all around hood rats to head out and make trouble. Three exits off 85 were crowded with people doing I don't know what. Nope. Went around.

Took the 285 by pass only to find every overpass I had to go under lined with people. Many throwing rocks, trash, or whatever at vehicles. Took a hit and my windshield will likely have to be replaced.

Second stop....I went 60 miles out of route north to shut down for the night. Apparanyly that wasn't far enough. Kids were out in force driving their cars like maniacs. Several traffic lights there were idiots doing donuts in the intersections. The smoke from burning rubber was so thick visibility through the intersections was near zero.

Was approached and harassed several times before getting to the pilot.

At the pilot....truckers with bats are guarding the entrance and exit. I ask what's up and I'm told these freaks are breaking trailer seals. For non truckers, door seals are important. If you show up without a sealed load, proper seal number, it's likely they will reject your load. These clowns couldn't break into any trailers because everyone is using high security locks these days, so were busting seals out of spite I guess.

There was an armed security guard that looked pretty overwhelmed and tired that said until the drivers in the lot started helping out he was afraid of getting jacked up or having to shoot someone.

All night long cars were drag racing up and down the road and small clusters of people were just wandering all over. Looking for trouble I guess.

Didn't sleep much.

I won't ever come back here.

These people are animals.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 06/30/20 09:10 AM.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Report from truck driver in Atlanta [Re: Gary Benson] #6915382
06/30/20 09:07 AM
06/30/20 09:07 AM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Wow!
You need to get out more, if you consider Atlanta east coast!
I double checked to see if you meant Atlantic City.

Re: Report from truck driver in Atlanta [Re: Gary Benson] #6915385
06/30/20 09:08 AM
06/30/20 09:08 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I was wondering how long before a load surcharge was going to have to be added or refuse loads.

also wondering if door seals that can only be reached with a ladder standing on a dock might help drivers from getting burned on a load

like the foil tape with serial numbers used on gas pumps way up at the top of the doors

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Report from truck driver in Atlanta [Re: Gary Benson] #6915386
06/30/20 09:09 AM
06/30/20 09:09 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline OP
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline OP
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I'm not the truck driver. Copied and pasted from another forum.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Report from truck driver in Atlanta [Re: Gary Benson] #6915397
06/30/20 09:18 AM
06/30/20 09:18 AM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
I missed that! blush

Re: Report from truck driver in Atlanta [Re: run] #6915438
06/30/20 10:00 AM
06/30/20 10:00 AM
Illinois
D
dkrug Offline
trapper
dkrug  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Try Atlanta on Friday PM rush hour with a presidential motorcade coming to town.
You ain't seen nothing yet!

Re: Report from truck driver in Atlanta [Re: Gary Benson] #6915448
06/30/20 10:19 AM
06/30/20 10:19 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
While I admit I haven't ventured onto the downtown connector or north of 20 in a couple weeks, I have run my route from Flat Shoals/Candler in south Decatur around 285 to East Point/Camp Creek/Greenbrier/Cascade in the past week as well as running 75/475 south to Macon almost daily. I haven't seen any of that happening nor heard of it being reported.
Honestly, while I know of marches and protests occurring in various places most are just so much noise and no violence. Yes, the risk of crime is up and you need to watch your back but I haven't felt the need to pack any more heat than normal. Nor would I be afraid of venturing into the heart of downtown for fear of violence.

[Linked Image]
Re: Report from truck driver in Atlanta [Re: dkrug] #6915449
06/30/20 10:20 AM
06/30/20 10:20 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by dkrug
Try Atlanta on Friday PM rush hour with a presidential motorcade coming to town.
You ain't seen nothing yet!

You must've been here a week or so ago when Pence was in town.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread