Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Compressed. Heat, rust and repeated firings is what weakens springs. Compression does nothing. That's why you don't have to worry about your ar15 mags not working if you lead em loaded for years in case of emergency.

It is recommended firearms magazine springs get decompressed at least once per year. That came to me several ways in a 20 year Law Enforcement Firearms instructor. In that world it is not a problem as you also shoot up your duty ammo you carry a minimum of once a year. So, extrapolating that to body grip springs- you best be sure you catch something every year! I am good with that.

Incidentally, I recently am going back to chains on my water 220, 280, 330, 1216 BG's from cable. Not what they come with, except the first link, but the small twist link like Victor #1 longs have stock. 6-8 foot length. As told to me by a older trapper who still does 500+ beaver a year, it lays on the bottom and you don't trip on it. It has a 310 lb strength and is $20/100ft, he has never had it break. In 2 years I have not either. I bring it up here as when I store compressed I fold the springs in and wrap the chain tightly the opposite way around the trap. then I attach the split ring or quick link into a link of chain. I stays put and rarely tangles- worth the extra 15 sec to unhook out of the chain for use.