No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cleaning Cement Floors? [Re: Osky] #6916667
07/01/20 12:18 PM
07/01/20 12:18 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Osky
Pressure washer, a big one, and HOT water would be my first shot. They make good soaps to add to the pressure washer for your purpose.

The muriatic if you use it needs to be done really carefully, mixed thinner than you think. Gulo before I used muriatic or anything for that matter I'd talk to whatever resurfacing outfit your considering. They can tell you what residue is compatible with your product, and you will have residue.

I just helped a friend Monday who went after his garage floor with a number of things including muriatic acid. More is not better. What a mess. I use acid when washing out new concrete for an exposed Ag finish so I'm not opposed to the product itself, I'm thinking there are better options for your use. Again, talk to the finish surface guys.

Osky

I am surprised at that Osky. I have always used powdered sugar for exposed aggregate.

Mean As Nails
Re: Cleaning Cement Floors? [Re: Gulo] #6916697
07/01/20 12:48 PM
07/01/20 12:48 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Simple Green makes a product for pressure washers. I've used it with good results on dirty finished concrete, but not soiled with oil, etc.

Re: Cleaning Cement Floors? [Re: Gulo] #6916699
07/01/20 12:54 PM
07/01/20 12:54 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
I would not use a pressure washer. It will make a mess on the walls. I would grind it or maybe blast it with some fine media.

Something to consider Jack, is while you are at it put in a floor drain. Even though the floor is flat you could always squeegee liquids down the drain.

Your well is close but way deep enough to not be affected

Mean As Nails
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread