No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916154
06/30/20 09:36 PM
06/30/20 09:36 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
I truly don't think it matters who gets elected, we live in an ungrateful society. If the left wins, the right (Whitey) will rebel; if the right wins, blm/antifa will rebel. I just pray that one's rebellion is less bloody than the other. This nation was built on Jesus Christ, and I feel that there are more of us Christians out there that will make the correct choice. If not, I'm prepared to stand up for my beliefs/family, and I hope that others are as well. God Bless!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Is America [Re: loosegoose] #6916157
06/30/20 09:39 PM
06/30/20 09:39 PM
Monroe Co. WV
R
Ridge6375 Offline
trapper
Ridge6375  Offline
trapper
R

Monroe Co. WV
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by Scuba1
I think it went past that point when the golfer in chief got a second term.

Trump has played way more golf than Obama. Not that it matters, everyone is entitled to a little.leisure time.

Well at least we can didnt have to pay for Trumps round of golf.

Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916164
06/30/20 09:52 PM
06/30/20 09:52 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Change is inevitable. No use railing against it.

America will survive. Have faith in the old republic.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916167
06/30/20 09:57 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I feel we are doing OK and the future looks bright for the USA. We have the wealth, energy, technology and capitalistic infrastructure to be successful and our younger generation will come through doing well. They will however need to be willing to become skilled in many areas with working knowledge as there is far less job security today than 40 years ago, so being willing and able to be mobile and multi- career based will help them be the new educated working middle class. The declaration of independence probably means more today to a twenty year old then it did to a 20 year old 40 years ago. Equality looms large for a growing population with higher levels of ethnicity.
To me the large issue today is the political nature we are choosing to utilize and take to move a nation forward. Freedom to me does not mean just 'the freedom to do as I please" but "the freedom to do what is right".
The huge societal and political issue of the day is passing judgement on what is "RIGHT" The ashes and embers of the Civil War which ended 156 years ago are still hot and when stirred, flames come with the new air. We have not resolved issues that are 150-200 years old so why would we believe that the current era of tension, angst and division will be short lived?
Many of the younger adults and families have chosen not to participate in organized religion or church for many reasons, many of which are the result of how they were treated or accepted when they attended. There are many like myself that will continue to stay active and work on spirituality as we have over time learned that acceptance is part of learning how to be more spiritual. That too may come for millions of our younger generations as they age and mature.
Bryce

Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916168
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
"The liberal and latitudinal viewpoints, teachings, and gleeful acceptance by the majority in our country, have taken deep root, decimating the Puritan heritage that landed on our shores centuries ago."

Good thing, too. Liberal thinking led to the foundation of our republic, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.

I doubt any of us would prefer living under Puritan rule.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916172
06/30/20 10:02 PM
06/30/20 10:02 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Burning witches sounds like fun though.LOL.
Or the cucking stool.

Last edited by Boco; 06/30/20 10:03 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916174
06/30/20 10:05 PM
06/30/20 10:05 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
I imagine people were saying the same thing at some point in every generation of our county's history. Are we past the point of no return? Yep, by about 244 years.

Re: Is America [Re: walleye101] #6916175
06/30/20 10:07 PM
06/30/20 10:07 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by Mark June
I guess we'd have to define "savable?" As what?

The liberal and latitudinal viewpoints, teachings, and gleeful acceptance by the majority in our country, have taken deep root, decimating the Puritan heritage that landed on our shores centuries ago.

Mark,
I really don't think those liberal viewpoints have been as gleefully accepted as the media would like us to believe. I still think there is a strong moral compass among the vast silent majority. The Media's infatuation with mobs of violent protesters does not provide any real perspective on how widespread this type of thinking is.

I was thinking along the lines of theology walleye, rather than a political theme.

Liberal describes a widening view of what was once more conservative or restrictive in this country. In our lifetime, morality has been reduced to an individual morality, stripped away from a church often at odds amongst itself. Some Americans, no doubt hold an orthodox (tradition, time honored doctrine) belief in the God of the Bible, but far more align with cultural desires (denigration of the covenant of marriage, sex outside marriage, abortion advocacy, adherent behaviors embraced as normal, etc.), or a sect of the traditional Christian faith, but there is hope. Today's young adults look around and proclaim there is no truth in this world, or this country, but some still seek it.

There is great excitement among some that as these next decades tick by, those who honestly seek answers to the big questions of life, will dismiss all the political infighting as just more hot air blowing, from the eras of their parents and grandparents, and they will rekindle and seek the God of the Bible as Truth. God loves impossible odds. He works best when we least expect it most times.

Blessings
Mark

Re: Is America [Re: James] #6916190
06/30/20 10:18 PM
06/30/20 10:18 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by James
"The liberal and latitudinal viewpoints, teachings, and gleeful acceptance by the majority in our country, have taken deep root, decimating the Puritan heritage that landed on our shores centuries ago."

Good thing, too. Liberal thinking led to the foundation of our republic, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.

I doubt any of us would prefer living under Puritan rule.

Jim

The counselor is correct Your Honor. Enlightened thinkers did rise up and start this great nation of America.

But you have to admit also James, that while yesteryear's colonials debated the doctrines of God with passion and flair, today's post-modern debate things which... probably don't amount to much of much... except maybe to them.

The allegiance of church and state in the early Puritan colonies would have been a tad rigid for sure.

grin

Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916246
06/30/20 10:58 PM
06/30/20 10:58 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
1. We have to make it thru this raging war until November.
2. We have to fight another war after November.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916253
06/30/20 11:11 PM
06/30/20 11:11 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Mark June...we are in a constant battle with those who continue to begrudge Jesus Christ. I feel as parents, we are to blame for not holding true to the faith in which we were raised.

Re: Is America [Re: Yukon John] #6916276
06/30/20 11:36 PM
06/30/20 11:36 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Yukon John
Mark June...we are in a constant battle with those who continue to begrudge Jesus Christ. I feel as parents, we are to blame for not holding true to the faith in which we were raised.

Yukon,

I don't think I can disagree with you brother. I know for certain, that a culture which promised blessings for those who embraced make love not war, sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and the devil made me do it, has been a horrendous, evil lie, and has emptied the souls of millions in our country. People say folks are getting meaner. I say, naw, they just buy into what culture says makes you happy, and when it doesn't pan out so well, they get pretty crabby! Me, I like a day on the trap line (although today was 108 heat index, wow), where I can say a few prayers, catch a few critters, and pay a few bills. All lives matter here bro!

Truth be told, there has been an avalanche of cultural topics piled on top of traditional Christianity, and the response by good people, trying to do the right thing, for the wrong reasons (theology, seminaries, churches, the faithful), was to appease the culture rather than hold firm. It really picked up steam in the 1800's when modern marvels, and science burst forth in untold measure, proclaiming to hold the answers typically reserved to God, and aberrant Christian sects arose as new prophets were announced.

As we elevate and worship the created , we denigrate the Creator.
'Bout as simple as that.

We may be to blame in a sense as you mention, but all we can do is share the Good News. The Holy Spirit does the converting!

Blessings
Mark

Re: Is America [Re: ] #6916284
06/30/20 11:40 PM
06/30/20 11:40 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by Yukon John

Yukon,

I don't think I can disagree with you brother. I know for certain, that a culture which promised blessings for those who embraced make love not war, sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and the devil made me do it, was a lie.

Truth be told, there has been an avalanche of cultural topics piled on top of traditional Christianity, and the response by good people, trying to do the right thing, for the wrong reasons (theology, seminaries, churches, the faithful), was to appease the culture rather than hold firm. It really picked up steam in the 1800's when modern marvels, and science burst forth in untold measure, proclaiming to hold the answers typically reserved to God, and aberrant Christian sects arose as new prophets were announced.

As we elevate and worship the created , we denigrate the Creator.
'Bout as simple as that.

We may be to blame in a sense as you mention, but all we can do is share the Good News. The Holy Spirit does the converting!

Blessings
Mark

AMEN

Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916403
07/01/20 07:18 AM
07/01/20 07:18 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
savable? Are we past the point of no return?

Are we talking geography or people?

-Goofy-
Re: Is America [Re: AntiGov] #6916411
07/01/20 07:50 AM
07/01/20 07:50 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by AntiGov
The train is going off the cliff no matter what . Trump was able to slow it down for us , so enjoy it will you can . If he wins we'll get another four yrs to prepare for disaster. If he loses ......look out !

That's pretty much how I see it also.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916421
07/01/20 08:07 AM
07/01/20 08:07 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
If people have it in their minds that the fate of the country rests on one man winning or losing one political office, then yes, America is too far gone, and has been for some time.

Last edited by loosegoose; 07/01/20 09:57 AM.
Re: Is America [Re: loosegoose] #6916530
07/01/20 09:49 AM
07/01/20 09:49 AM
IL
G
goatman Offline
trapper
goatman  Offline
trapper
G

IL
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by Scuba1
The difference being that between the golfing time Trump worked for and not against America . I din't think that I had to explain that on here but there ya go.

I think the issue is that during his campaign, Trump promised that he wouldn't have time to golf because hed be too busy working, which obviously didn't turn out to be true. I don't particularly care one way or the other, I think just think it's funny when people complain about Obama golfing when Trump has played almost twice as much. But like I said earlier, I don't fault either of them for having their leisure time. I'm more concerned about their various policies than how much they golf.

Where you finding this info? CNN?

Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916537
07/01/20 09:59 AM
07/01/20 09:59 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Several sources give info, but I assumed it was common knowledge. The guy owns golf courses, after all, and it's no secret he likes to golf.

golf1
golf 2
golf 3

If you've got sources to show Obama played more golf than Trump, I'd love to see them, but again, I don't think it really matters who played more golf. Its pretty.

Last edited by loosegoose; 07/01/20 10:06 AM.
Re: Is America [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6916547
07/01/20 10:12 AM
07/01/20 10:12 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
savable? Are we past the point of no return?

Are we talking geography or people?

Exactly.

Re: Is America [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6916565
07/01/20 10:39 AM
07/01/20 10:39 AM
Arizona
Y
yaaintdeadyet Offline
trapper
yaaintdeadyet  Offline
trapper
Y