No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: James] #6916344
07/01/20 05:35 AM
07/01/20 05:35 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by James
The answer is so simple. Two-parent families. Kids taught the importance of hard work, education, and respect for authority.

The answer is so simple. Nothing more is required.

Except why is there a problem?

Jim

A large part of the problem is government subsidizes poor choices.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: James] #6916379
07/01/20 06:43 AM
07/01/20 06:43 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The answer is so simple. Two-parent families. Kids taught the importance of hard work, education, and respect for authority.

Jim

James,

I do declare, your blessed heart sounds like a preacher man quoting from the Good Book!
You forgot to add the One who wrote about these things in the beginning.
When culture decides to rewrite history, they become the creator/god, correct?

Scripture answers "why is there a problem?"
The question is; In whom do we seek answers?
The finite or the infinite.

wink

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6916419
07/01/20 08:05 AM
07/01/20 08:05 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think steven 49er is right. The government has been rewarding irresponsible behavior for generations. Why wouldn’t we get more of it ?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: yotetrapper30] #6916428
07/01/20 08:13 AM
07/01/20 08:13 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

You still haven't explained how "good" blacks are supposed to force "bad" blacks to stop committing crimes.

Well to start, they can demand that all the rap music that glorifies rape, drugs, gang violence, and murder be taken off the airwaves. That would seem much more beneficial than demanding the same of Aunt Jemima and Gone with the Wind. Then they can put down their Defund the Police signs and start calling the police to report known drug dealers and drug houses. They can stop hiding known criminals, and start answering the questions of LEOs when asked about witnessing a crime. It wouldn't even be necessary TO use force, if they would just use the resources (a.k.a the police) already available to them to report those that ARE causing the violence so they can be dealt with. This wouldn't be an immediate fix, but starting to parent their children would help immensely as well in the future.

Oh SNAP!

-Goofy-
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6916529
07/01/20 09:48 AM
07/01/20 09:48 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
I haven't read this entire thread and this may have been said:

What is the difference but the color of the hood?
Last night I saw a clip of a black guy I think in New York standing hi among a crowd yelling thru a bullhorn and advocating stepping on cops until they die, hang them from the nearest tree etc. I've heard tons of these colored protestors publicly threatening whites, destroying any and all property. How many videos have come out showing blacks attacking whites without any provocation?
Bad is bad why is pigment now the acceptable excuse?

It's another consequence of accepting the term "hate" crime.
Maybe because I'm a breed and I guess my pigment is somewhere in the middle I do not understand the acceptance of any of this stupidity from either side of the color spectrum.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Osky] #6916557
07/01/20 10:32 AM
07/01/20 10:32 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Osky

What is the difference but the color of the hood?

Osky

That is exactly what needs to be addressed IMO anyway

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6916634
07/01/20 11:50 AM
07/01/20 11:50 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Those of you with time and an interest....Google "Race riots of......" and see how many different dates pop up. This seems to be a generational thing. The point being, this isn't anything new.

The rub is that American society has.....for at least this generation.....dating back nearly 60 years at least.......tried to integrate blacks into the rest of society. Some have, but for the most part, the majority haven't. The culture won't allow it.

The irony is....those that reject the culture and rise above it are often highly successful and are celebrated. Oprah comes to mind. Those that don't continue to lag and suffer and blame almost everyone but themselves. Because it is seen as so destructive, for the most part, white America continues to reject black culture, and that is the source of the conflict. The most racist of them all are the white liberals who move it to help "the poor dears", who can't do anything for themselves without the brains and condescending help of these enlightened whites.

So rather than facing the black culture head on, the rest of the country looks the other way and lets them stew in their own juice. So when they get frustrated they have no tax base, no jobs, no education and not much of anything else but corruption to live on, they get frustrated and lash out. Leadership....mayors, etc,......could solve it, but as long as they are doing OK, they won't. So the rest of us.....what we see as civilized society......can only hope to contain the carnage to a few confined areas.

Won't get better until that group of society decides to change, and to date, that has not happened. Not likely to any time soon.

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6916641
07/01/20 11:56 AM
07/01/20 11:56 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Peaceful protestors are lightening fast at digging through people’s pockets when they hit the ground, lets face it they are nothing more then common criminals. A window breaking to them is like a dying rabbit call to a hungry yote.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6916651
07/01/20 12:01 PM
07/01/20 12:01 PM
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
R
Riverotter2 Offline
trapper
Riverotter2  Offline
trapper
R

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Six guys in the back yard drinking Buds and talking trash don't make the Klan. In the 20's there was over 4 million members. Blacks was not the only target of the Klan. I knew Klansmen and if you were running around on your wife or stealing or any other trouble they came and knock on your door. them folks didn't care if you was black, white or purple. more then likely you was going to be purple after all was said and done. And if you was young Lord you didn't want to pi$$ one of them folks off. I seen one knock the taste out of a 16 year old for driving to fast where kids were playing and yes he was white. Some i talked to didn't even have anything against blacks, now there was some who did for sure. They kinda of step in as an off branch of southern law and justice you might say. Robert Shelton who live not far from us was an Imperial Wizard of the United Klan said in a Newspaper interview before he died said for the most part the Klan was dead and would never be what it was. Race baiters and the media have to keep the Klan alive, big money to be made for Al and Jessie Jackson and others. Seen some data one time that in nearly 90 years the Klan they could be connected to 3000 to 4000 murders total. and truth be known a lot of them killings were probably carpetbaggers. In almost any given 6 month period more blacks will shoot that many blacks in America. How many in Chicago last weekend along? Sure the Klan had hate to share but like telling some one that 300,000 poor southern farmers died to defend a Plantation owners right to have slaves there a lot of our history that is based now days on a little truth and a whole lot of lies. I reckon it depends on who writing the history books and Newspapers at the moment. Everybody got opinions and my is the Klan killed itself when it killed them kids in Birmingham, and rightly so. Sad it don't seem to work the same way in Chicago.

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6916659
07/01/20 12:09 PM
07/01/20 12:09 PM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Sounds like the Bald Nobbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald_Knobbers

It may come to that again..........although I'd find a different name than the Klan.

Perhaps "Justice League"?

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: James] #6916666
07/01/20 12:18 PM
07/01/20 12:18 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana

Jim

Maybe because the BLM openly opposes the "Western idea of the nuclear family", capitalism (which requires hard work), the "patriarchal system" that requires single mothers to work for a living, and "cisgender privilege".

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Gary Benson] #6916694
07/01/20 12:44 PM
07/01/20 12:44 PM
Pillager, Minnesota
P
patfundine Offline
trapper
patfundine  Offline
trapper
P

Pillager, Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
What are good whites supposed to do about something that happened 200 yrs ago?

None of my family was even in this country 200 years ago. I did have one man who was in the civil war fighting for the north. I don't feel I owe anyone for something that happened 200 years ago.

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6917218
07/01/20 08:46 PM
07/01/20 08:46 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Skunks are the new coyotes.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6917224
07/01/20 08:50 PM
07/01/20 08:50 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Yeah Lawdog... I’ve always wondered about you with that skunk husbandry you’ve got going on lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: HayDay] #6917368
07/01/20 10:47 PM
07/01/20 10:47 PM
Arkansas
B
bobcat_trapper Offline
trapper
bobcat_trapper  Offline
trapper
B

Arkansas
Originally Posted by HayDay
Sounds like the Bald Nobbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald_Knobbers

It may come to that again..........although I'd find a different name than the Klan.

Perhaps "Justice League"?

I live in the ozarks mountains. Not to far from the area. Branson is in Taney Co I think so.

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: HayDay] #6917419
07/01/20 11:36 PM
07/01/20 11:36 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by HayDay
Those of you with time and an interest....Google "Race riots of......" and see how many different dates pop up. This seems to be a generational thing. The point being, this isn't anything new.

The rub is that American society has.....for at least this generation.....dating back nearly 60 years at least.......tried to integrate blacks into the rest of society. Some have, but for the most part, the majority haven't. The culture won't allow it.

The irony is....those that reject the culture and rise above it are often highly successful and are celebrated. Oprah comes to mind. Those that don't continue to lag and suffer and blame almost everyone but themselves. Because it is seen as so destructive, for the most part, white America continues to reject black culture, and that is the source of the conflict. The most racist of them all are the white liberals who move it to help "the poor dears", who can't do anything for themselves without the brains and condescending help of these enlightened whites.

So rather than facing the black culture head on, the rest of the country looks the other way and lets them stew in their own juice. So when they get frustrated they have no tax base, no jobs, no education and not much of anything else but corruption to live on, they get frustrated and lash out. Leadership....mayors, etc,......could solve it, but as long as they are doing OK, they won't. So the rest of us.....what we see as civilized society......can only hope to contain the carnage to a few confined areas.

Won't get better until that group of society decides to change, and to date, that has not happened. Not likely to any time soon.

Best post on the subject I've seen yet.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6917438
07/01/20 11:59 PM
07/01/20 11:59 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

I agree Angela.

Speaking of African Americans who did rise to the top- does anyone remember how outspoken Bill Cosby had gotten criticizing the thug lifestyle and how suddenly all kinds of women remembered he had accosted them way back when? I remember thinking it was too bad, I enjoyed both his comedy and his quest to help young African Americans to understand they ways they were limiting themselves but I remember thinking multiple accusers could surely not be wrong right?

Then- the accusers of Justice Kavanaugh were exposed and it made me think- hmmmmm.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6917443
07/02/20 12:06 AM
07/02/20 12:06 AM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
.... the ol pudding pop ? ... you’re a deep thinker Lefty...

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6917445
07/02/20 12:07 AM
07/02/20 12:07 AM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... I know it gets old .... apologies to all you fine folks

Re: Is the KKK membership up? [Re: Leftlane] #6917448
07/02/20 12:11 AM
07/02/20 12:11 AM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Hey Lefty... serious note.... people are getting railroaded all the time anymore...wouldn’t surprise me a bit

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread