No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: MySide 🦝] #6921373
07/06/20 08:14 AM
07/06/20 08:14 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I think a vaccine is many years down the road. They can’t even figure out symptoms...basically if anything isn’t right it “could” be COVID.
I got talked into getting the flu shot one year and yep...got the flu and missed two weeks of work.
Uncle Sam gave us every shot known to mankind and it was a good 10 years after I got out before I finally got sick again, lol.
With that being said, I won’t get a “shot” no matter what it is. They can’t even get a flu shot right from one year to the next. And supposedly the virus will mutate so a shot or vaccine may or may not work anyways. And from what I’m reading, just because you get it once doesn’t mean you won’t get it again...remember it will mutate.

As far as following along, for the greater good, we do that in everyday life.
Why do I need to wear a seatbelt?
Why do I need to obey the speed limit?
Why isn’t the money I earn the same as I bring home?
Why do I have to have insurance?
Why do I have to pay taxes on land I’ve already bought and payed taxes on?

Every rule/law out there is for the “greater good” in some way...

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: MySide 🦝] #6921376
07/06/20 08:17 AM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
Not sure the problem is with a vaccine. The problem for me is with a mostly untested vaccine. Yes it is going through a testing phase but it has many of the normal protocols relaxed or removed on the name of speed. I will not be getting a covid shot if I can help it.

Does anybody think the Gov't is looking out for our best interests?

Look I dont think the people in government want to see 200,000 or 300,000 or 3,000,000 people die. I also believe everyone who has power wants to keep it. I dont think they would let a good opportunity like this covid pass without consolidating power. Just look at the WHO they are really pushing to be the policy makers for the world. Italy China France Spain the UK and the US plotting together and the international media is spreading their "news"? That I cant imagine.

Life really is better if you dont take the news at face value. Yes Covid is real it can and will spread precautions are necessary just like any flu or contagious disease.

I will live my life and die when I die. I didnt plan on living forever anyhow.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: white17] #6921377
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by white17
I'll tell you what is scary to me is people who copy/paste absolute drivel without ever running any of its claims through their brain.

X2

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: MySide 🦝] #6921404
07/06/20 08:40 AM
07/06/20 08:40 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by MySide 🦝
I am not getting the "vaccine" and I'm not wearing a mask. I've never had the flu shot, I did get my vaccines when I was little, that was before my parents knew better.

That is exactly the way I feel about it. Seems most that have drank the kool aid, have gulped it all. Staying away from that too. I'm old with diabetes, but not gonna just do what they say, just because they say it. There used to be some freedom in this country, but not much left nowdays, always someone wanting to point out how your wrong about everything that you do or how you live or how you have lived. I have no white guilt and am not scrared of the covid crap, and if I die, it is my life. There are some on. here that act like they're gonna catch it from the computer. The whole thing is that it comes down to personal responsibility. You take care of you and I'll take care of me, that's the way it has always been in this country till now. Take care of yourselves my friends.

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6921422
07/06/20 08:54 AM
07/06/20 08:54 AM
NB, Canada
MySide 🦝 Offline OP
trapper
MySide 🦝  Offline OP
trapper

NB, Canada
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Originally Posted by MySide 🦝
I am not getting the "vaccine" and I'm not wearing a mask. I've never had the flu shot, I did get my vaccines when I was little, that was before my parents knew better.

That is exactly the way I feel about it. Seems most that have drank the kool aid, have gulped it all. Staying away from that too. I'm old with diabetes, but not gonna just do what they say, just because they say it. There used to be some freedom in this country, but not much left nowdays, always someone wanting to point out how your wrong about everything that you do or how you live or how you have lived. I have no white guilt and am not scrared of the covid crap, and if I die, it is my life. There are some on. here that act like they're gonna catch it from the computer. The whole thing is that it comes down to personal responsibility. You take care of you and I'll take care of me, that's the way it has always been in this country till now. Take care of yourselves my friends.

Well said Mr. Steinmeyer.

All for the Greater Glory of God
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: MySide 🦝] #6921443
07/06/20 09:25 AM
07/06/20 09:25 AM
S.W. Ontario. Canada
D
Don Offline
trapper
Don  Offline
trapper
D

S.W. Ontario. Canada
No cases for 2 months.They opened the bridge to PEI now you have 5 new cases. What does that tell you.

"Common sense, is uncommon, anymore"
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: Don] #6921477
07/06/20 10:21 AM
07/06/20 10:21 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Don
No cases for 2 months.They opened the bridge to PEI now you have 5 new cases. What does that tell you.

They brought in 5 test kits? The tests have shown watermelon to have Covid.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: Trap Setter] #6921478
07/06/20 10:23 AM
07/06/20 10:23 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Not sure the problem is with a vaccine. The problem for me is with a mostly untested vaccine. Yes it is going through a testing phase but it has many of the normal protocols relaxed or removed on the name of speed.

FDA Outlines Its Conditions for Approving a Covid-19 Vaccine
Treatment would need to be at least 50% more effective than a placebo in preventing the disease

Updated June 30, 2020 11:20 am ET

WASHINGTON—The Food and Drug Administration released guidance Tuesday outlining its conditions for approving a Covid-19 vaccine, including a requirement that any vaccine be at least 50% more effective than a placebo in preventing the disease.

The FDA said that no vaccine would be approved unless a vaccine company had “clearly demonstrated” proof of a vaccine’s safety and effectiveness through a clinical study, according to the guidance.

The FDA also said a vaccine wouldn’t be approved simply if it leads to antibodies in the bloodstream of patients, on grounds that it is not known what level of antibodies will confer protection to patients.

The FDA said it would also require a vaccine maker to conduct further monitoring of safety after any approval and recommended that people getting the vaccine be followed for a year after treatment. The summary document said that such “post-market studies” may be necessary to “further assess known or potential serious risks.”

The guidance was described by FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn in an appearance Tuesday before a Senate committee, which is holding a hearing on the steps needed to get businesses, schools and other institutions to fully reopen.

“We have not lost sight of the need to protect our regulatory independence” even during the Covid pandemic,” Dr. Hahn said. In response to senators’ questioning, Dr. Hahn said he is also optimistic that therapeutics like convalescent plasma and monoclonal antibodies will play a significant role this fall in helping people infected by Covid-19.

Developing a vaccine is a priority for the Trump administration, which has dubbed the initiative Operation Warp Speed. The FDA has vowed to use all its available authority to expedite a safe and effective Covid-19 vaccine, fueling hopes that a preventive treatment can be developed quickly.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier that the guidance would be released Tuesday, quoting a summary of the guidance in which the FDA stated that it “will not reduce its standards or cut corners in its review to approve a vaccine.”

The FDA has sometimes been faulted for moving too quickly in the campaign to prevent and treat the virus.

At least 160 antibody tests for Covid-19 entered the U.S. market without previous FDA scrutiny in March, as the agency rushed to get them to the public quickly. Under fire, the FDA mandated stricter review.

The agency also granted emergency-use authorization for two malaria drugs, chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, for Covid-19 treatment, which it later revoked after determining both were ineffective.

Guidances are a method the FDA uses to state its policy to an industry, in this case vaccine makers. A virus vaccine could be granted approval two ways—either as a full approval or as emergency authorization.
More on the Pandemic

A full approval by the FDA would require a vaccine company to amass trial data and submit all the details to an advisory committee of outside experts, a process that typically takes months.

An emergency authorization could happen more quickly than a full FDA approval, but would still require the vaccine maker to show through a clinical study that the vaccine produced lower levels of disease.

Government and industry officials have concluded that the standards the FDA is espousing for full approval will need at least 30,000 people in a clinical trial. But since the coronavirus pandemic has flared up again in the U.S.—including in Arizona, Florida and Texas—it may well be relatively easy for companies and doctors to sign up patients eager to see if they can participate in a vaccine study that might protect them.

Write to Thomas M. Burton at tom.burton@wsj.com

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-to-issue-guidance-on-covid-19-vaccine-approval-11593516090

Mean As Nails
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: MySide 🦝] #6921499
07/06/20 10:51 AM
07/06/20 10:51 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
The agency also granted emergency-use authorization for two malaria drugs, chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, for Covid-19 treatment, which it later revoked after determining both were ineffective.

Just had an article on FoxNews saying that a new study showed them to be effective in treating cases ov COVID-19. You can't "follow the science", because it changes almost daily. Just like the recommendations of these various government agencies.

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: MySide 🦝] #6921506
07/06/20 11:04 AM
07/06/20 11:04 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Ken, White, if a placebo has 0 effect, what is 50% more of 0?

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: Don] #6921532
07/06/20 11:40 AM
07/06/20 11:40 AM
NB, Canada
MySide 🦝 Offline OP
trapper
MySide 🦝  Offline OP
trapper

NB, Canada
Originally Posted by Don

That does say something. THE DAY THEY OPEN THEY GET 3 NEW CASES. No cases up till the OPENING DAY. Isn't that fishy?

Last edited by MySide 🦝; 07/06/20 11:42 AM.

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: Gary Benson] #6921537
07/06/20 11:44 AM
07/06/20 11:44 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
If masks work, those who want to wear them can, and they have nothing to worry about.
In the military I was forced to get shots for everything, and I was sick all the time.

You got sick a lot in the military because you were living in close proximity to a huge number of other people. Diseases spread easily when people are crowded together and especially when stressed. The military gives vaccines to prevent worse disease spread problems that could prevent our fighters from being able to fight effectively.

Keith

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: MySide 🦝] #6921538
07/06/20 11:45 AM
07/06/20 11:45 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Right now flu shots are not mandated? If the Vaccine will protect the person getting the shot, then it shouldn't matter if I'm a not vaccinated. Isn't that how we operate with the flu now?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: Dirt] #6921541
07/06/20 11:49 AM
NB, Canada
MySide 🦝 Offline OP
trapper
MySide 🦝  Offline OP
trapper

NB, Canada
Originally Posted by Dirt
Right now flu shots are not mandated? If the Vaccine will protect the person getting the shot, then it shouldn't matter if I'm a not vaccinated. Isn't that how we operate with the flu now?

Exactly! The people that want to be "protected" from this "virus" will get the shot, leave us people that don't want to get it alone. If this "vaccine" works, then they have no reason to fear the people that don't get it.

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: Swamp Wolf] #6921542
Central/Western Texas
AuthorTrapper Offline
trapper
AuthorTrapper  Offline
trapper

Central/Western Texas
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
I'll tell you what is scary to me is people who copy/paste absolute drivel without ever running any of its claims through their brain.

What the op posted has been happening in the lower 48. Might not be happening in Alaska.

I wont wear a mask! No vaccine either.

Never had a flu shot.

Same here & good for you!

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: MySide 🦝] #6921544
07/06/20 11:51 AM
07/06/20 11:51 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
It is odd how Govt can pick and choose which bidnesses have to close and which can stay open. Never the Mom n Pop stores or Amy's Salon.

My business consists of two people, Diane and myself. Under two of our governor's orders, we were deemed essential and required to stay open if possible to do so. Covid-19 has been very good for us financially. I have talked to over 40 people, in similarly sized, related businesses that were also doing very well.

Size of business did not matter. Selling essential items or providing essential services did.

Keith

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: martentrapper] #6921547
07/06/20 11:55 AM
07/06/20 11:55 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by martentrapper

Yep I thought about that very thing Mike. BUT......we know that placeboes DO have an effect. If not, that would not be the standard that other drugs are tested against.

Just thinking out loud here but.............we know that a positive attitude toward health and recovery from...say cancer... produces better results than the opposite. I suspect that is how a placebo works on our brain. It gives us some degree of confidence that our health will improve.........and so it does in many cases.

But to address your actual question...50% of zero is still zero. At that level no treatment or vaccine would be approved

Mean As Nails
Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: Dirt] #6921548
07/06/20 11:56 AM
07/06/20 11:56 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Dirt

Not everyone gets immunity from a vaccine. The more people who get a vaccine, the stronger the likelihood that enough people will be protected from a virus that the virus will have a harder time spreading. This is referred to as herd immunity.

Keith

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: white17] #6921554
07/06/20 11:58 AM
07/06/20 11:58 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by martentrapper

Yep I thought about that very thing Mike. BUT......we know that placeboes DO have an effect. If not, that would not be the standard that other drugs are tested against.

Just thinking out loud here but.............we know that a positive attitude toward health and recovery from...say cancer... produces better results than the opposite. I suspect that is how a placebo works on our brain. It gives us some degree of confidence that our health will improve.........and so it does in many cases.

But to address your actual question...50% of zero is still zero. At that level no treatment or vaccine would be approved

That effect is called the Placebo Effect and is a very real, provable link between mental belief in the efficacy of something and physical health.

Keith

Re: Just a Mask? Time To Say NO! [Re: KeithC] #6921557
07/06/20 12:01 PM
07/06/20 12:01 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Online content
trapper
k snow  Online Content
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by KeithC
It is odd how Govt can pick and choose which bidnesses have to close and which can stay open. Never the Mom n Pop stores or Amy's Salon.

My business consists of two people, Diane and myself. Under two of our governor's orders, we were deemed essential and required to stay open if possible to do so. Covid-19 has been very good for us financially. I have talked to over 40 people, in similarly sized, related businesses that were also doing very well.

Size of business did not matter. Selling essential items or providing essential services did.

Keith

Who says what is essential? MI kept the pot stores open. Not essential in my book. Wal-marts stayed open, essential only because they sell groceries.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread