No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922527
07/07/20 09:33 AM
07/07/20 09:33 AM
GA
G
Ghost14 Offline
trapper
Ghost14  Offline
trapper
G

GA
It’s interesting you choose the Bible to reference when you want to twist a meaning to your benefit. Then deny its authority when you don’t like the stance. What about the men God used to uplift Christians who were not by any stretch of the imagination “Godly men”. I would never call Trump a Godly man, I would never say he and I have much in common. Under every other circumstance I never liked Donald Trump. What I see now is a man that is a man. He is flawed, he is wrong sometimes, and he is quick tempered. BUT, he has taken a stance opposing some of the worst evil and corrupt people in our nations history, he has stood up for all Americans. He has done exactly what he said he was going to do and that is a true measure of a man in my eyes. Donald Trump can only stand up for Americans he can’t make every American exercise their rite to uplift themselves and overachieve. James, at your age I hope you understand that life is very precious. The material things in this life are of no importance but the relationships you have and your influence will be all that remains of you when you return to dust. I pray that God works wonders in your heart and continues to bless your family in your absence. I pray that you will be a changed man, not into what I want you to be, but into what God needs you to be for all of humanity.

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922539
07/07/20 09:50 AM
07/07/20 09:50 AM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

It's all in what one Wants to see. When it comes to abortion, it's " my body my choice", 3000 lives a day are taken. But yet you Have to wear a mask, you Have to get vaccinated , what happened to my body my choice? I don't vote just by the d or r in front of the name as I believe its a blurry line between the two parties. I vote for who I think is better for our country.
No one is put into power that God does not want into power. Good or bad, it's all a means to an end.
It's not if we will lose our hunting, trapping rights, 2nd amend. it's when will we lose. The veil is off and the agendas are clear to anyone that wants to see them.

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922547
07/07/20 09:58 AM
07/07/20 09:58 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
So voting for someone to defend abortions is more important than voting for someone to keep our guns and lands for trapping?

WOW

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922550
07/07/20 10:01 AM
07/07/20 10:01 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Didn't Biden recently say he will have Beto in charge of confiscating firearms ?

Don't count on SCOTUS to protect guns. The Dems have already voiced their intent to pack the court.

It is pretty clear why SCOTUS did not decide to hear any 2A cases . None out of ten ! The 4 conservatives know that Roberts is untrustworthy.

If you're waiting to see who Biden picks as a VP, that tells me you are likely further left than Biden himself. We all know what the plan is, and that any VP pick will not have America's best interests at heart. No elected Democrat does at this point.

Mean As Nails
Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: hippie] #6922554
07/07/20 10:10 AM
07/07/20 10:10 AM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted by hippie
So voting for someone to defend abortions is more important than voting for someone to keep our guns and lands for trapping?

WOW

Not what I said, if you look pretty much any candidate that is pro life they are also pro 2nd and support hunting and trapping. If we lose one, we're just a short ride away from losing the rest.

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: ] #6922556
07/07/20 10:11 AM
07/07/20 10:11 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by bleeohio
Originally Posted by hippie

WOW

Not what I said, if you look pretty much any candidate that is pro life they are also pro 2nd and support hunting and trapping. If we lose one, we're just a short ride away from losing the rest.

Wasn't your comment that got me to say that, it's the ones who seem more concerned with defending abortion than worrying about gun grabbers.

Last edited by hippie; 07/07/20 10:16 AM.
Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: white17] #6922558
07/07/20 10:13 AM
07/07/20 10:13 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by white17
Didn't Biden recently say he will have Beto in charge of confiscating firearms ?

Don't count on SCOTUS to protect guns. The Dems have already voiced their intent to pack the court.

It is pretty clear why SCOTUS did not decide to hear any 2A cases . None out of ten ! The 4 conservatives know that Roberts is untrustworthy.

If you're waiting to see who Biden picks as a VP, that tells me you are likely further left than Biden himself. We all know what the plan is, and that any VP pick will not have America's best interests at heart. No elected Democrat does at this point.

The exact reason we need Trump replacing Ginsburg and possibly another one.

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: white17] #6922567
07/07/20 10:32 AM
07/07/20 10:32 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by white17

Yes, Biden did say exactly that. And, as I said before, anyone not certain of Biden's anti-2A stance has had their head stuck in the sand or is being obtuse.

The rest of your post is spot on as usual. But you're not going to change James's mind on that or any other liberal. The folks here on Tman voting D almost certainly understand that D's are not the friends of trappers, hunters and gun-owners. But they vote for them anyhow.

Eh...wot?

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922604
07/07/20 11:25 AM
07/07/20 11:25 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline OP
trapper
martentrapper  Offline OP
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Let's get back to the main topic of this thread, being a trapper and supporting the dem party. Another thing trappers need is land. A place to trap. Many of us trap on public land. The Dem party has traditionally supported higher restrictions on land use. Dems are hand in hand with orgs like the Wilderness Society and pass laws that prohibit consumptive uses on public land. Hunting and trapping are consumptive.
Voting Dem just makes it harder for us to have a place to trap!

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: James] #6922615
07/07/20 11:32 AM
07/07/20 11:32 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by James
Jesus never said anything about abortion, even thought the practice was known in his time.

He did criticize those who worship wealth and those who won't help those in need. Like refugees.

I've asked this in the past, but never got an answer:

Why don't some of you anti-abortion guys step up to the plate, walk your talk. Adopt an unwanted child. (My Christian son did; talked a woman out of an abortion by agreeing to adopt the twins.) Give money to Planned Parenthood for birth control information and products for young women. Write your Congressmen to urge more funding for poor young women and men to learn and practice safe sex.

Start or help fund an organization.

But nah. Most people who whine about abortion are only interested in their armchairs and how much beer they have in the fridge.

Jim

James, there is around 2,000,000 US families, actively enrolled to adopt available babies. That's 36 families for every baby available for adoption in the US. 3,477,000 US women, with fertility problems, are interested in adopting babies. Most want to adopt more babies, after the first.

https://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/waiting_adoptive_families

Over 81,000,000 Americans have considered adopting. Families know the chances of being able to adopt a baby is exceedingly slim.

There is a huge shortage of babies to adopt.

Keith

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: Ghost14] #6922640
07/07/20 12:02 PM
07/07/20 12:02 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Ghost14
It’s interesting you choose the Bible to reference when you want to twist a meaning to your benefit. Then deny its authority when you don’t like the stance. What about the men God used to uplift Christians who were not by any stretch of the imagination “Godly men”. I would never call Trump a Godly man, I would never say he and I have much in common. Under every other circumstance I never liked Donald Trump. What I see now is a man that is a man. He is flawed, he is wrong sometimes, and he is quick tempered. BUT, he has taken a stance opposing some of the worst evil and corrupt people in our nations history, he has stood up for all Americans. He has done exactly what he said he was going to do and that is a true measure of a man in my eyes. Donald Trump can only stand up for Americans he can’t make every American exercise their rite to uplift themselves and overachieve. James, at your age I hope you understand that life is very precious. The material things in this life are of no importance but the relationships you have and your influence will be all that remains of you when you return to dust. I pray that God works wonders in your heart and continues to bless your family in your absence. I pray that you will be a changed man, not into what I want you to be, but into what God needs you to be for all of humanity.

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”

William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice"

Not saying that James is the devil, but that anyone can use the bible to make a point they want.

Keith

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922647
07/07/20 12:07 PM
07/07/20 12:07 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
I would be devastated if a woman aborted my child, thats why I dont go knocking up floozies. That said I could care less about abortion, is there anyone else who cant be bothered to even remotely care if babies you have no connection to are aborted? Maybe I am a heartless but I cant find a shred of care in this issue and fail to see why it is so bitterly divisive.

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922651
07/07/20 12:09 PM
07/07/20 12:09 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by martentrapper
Let's get back to the main topic of this thread, being a trapper and supporting the dem party. Another thing trappers need is land. A place to trap. Many of us trap on public land. The Dem party has traditionally supported higher restrictions on land use. Dems are hand in hand with orgs like the Wilderness Society and pass laws that prohibit consumptive uses on public land. Hunting and trapping are consumptive.

Republicans have repeatedly tried to sell of public land, is that not as big of a threat to the future of outdoor users?

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922654
07/07/20 12:12 PM
07/07/20 12:12 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
If hunting and trapping get banned- would it matter who owned the land?

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6922655
07/07/20 12:14 PM
07/07/20 12:14 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by martentrapper

Republicans have repeatedly tried to sell of public land, is that not as big of a threat to the future of outdoor users?

Depends on who buys it.

-Goofy-
Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: Leftlane] #6922661
07/07/20 12:20 PM
07/07/20 12:20 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Leftlane
If hunting and trapping get banned- would it matter who owned the land?

If you lose the land the user base uses you will lose the user base, if you have fewer hunters/trappers bans are near certain.

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922677
07/07/20 12:39 PM
07/07/20 12:39 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Selling land ruins it here. Except when I bought.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922683
07/07/20 12:42 PM
07/07/20 12:42 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
The left wants to take our guns and the right wants to sell off our public lands. They're both lowlifes in suits desperate for votes.

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: Co�s] #6922692
07/07/20 12:54 PM
07/07/20 12:54 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Coös
The left wants to take our guns and the right wants to sell off our public lands. They're both lowlifes in suits desperate for votes.

Very much a false statement to level the accusation that republicans are alone in the selling of public lands.
Every sale is authorized by the BLM and it happens under both parties.
Furthermore, all bureaucracies in D.C. are overwhelmingly democrats based on their voting record which is 95%+ for democrats.

Re: Democrat trappers debate [Re: martentrapper] #6922694
07/07/20 12:56 PM
07/07/20 12:56 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
There's only been a very few conservatives who wanted to sell proportionately small amounts of public land, when you look at the whole of it. Hordes of democrats seek to ban hunting, trapping, fishing, gleaning of any sort of vegetative matter from public lands, firearms, free speech, freedom in ggeneral and to sell public land. Democrats are our enemies.

Keith

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread