No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: A thought for you [Re: danny clifton] #6923392
07/07/20 09:57 PM
07/07/20 09:57 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
well mark, like it or not you may need those guns to protect your right to practice that faith

Lenin executed Christian clergy, so you may be spot on danny.
Spot on.

Re: A thought for you [Re: ] #6923409
07/07/20 10:10 PM
07/07/20 10:10 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by danny clifton
well mark, like it or not you may need those guns to protect your right to practice that faith

Lenin executed Christian clergy, so you may be spot on danny.
Spot on.

When did Christians go from this
[Linked Image]

To this

[Linked Image]

And why?

Last edited by Donnersurvivor; 07/07/20 10:12 PM.
Re: A thought for you [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6923420
07/07/20 10:17 PM
07/07/20 10:17 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
sick

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: A thought for you [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6923432
07/07/20 10:30 PM
07/07/20 10:30 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

LL,

We should probably render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and render to God the things which are God's; Matthew 22:21, is perhaps my starting point but this topic has layers. Like pealing an onion. I place traditional Christian faith priority in the following order; God, spouse, children, yet our nation isn't listed in the Bible, so where do I place the blessings (MANY!) we have as citizens of it? It's not an easy answer for anyone.

I guess, first I wouldn't render our nation as God. Some do. They swear at God, and swear an allegiance to America. That's not Biblical and sure doesn't follow any tenet of this nation's founders, who saw all as created equal by the Creator = God. But we should absolutely offer prayers that God's Will be done with this fine nation, as it was crafted as a testimony in His name, by Christians 250 year ago.

Second, Scripture has passages about righteous acts and Scripture about passive acts, all in the name of the Lord. So what do we do? Fight? Flee? Protect? Not bother?
Let's being with this. Anger can be sin but not all anger is sinful. That is VERY important.
Paul, in Romans 12:9, tells the Roman believers; "Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil."
There are more texts like this.

Abhor the evil. We are called to root out that which is evil, but are we doing it for God's purpose and we're fairly clear we have a good sense of it, or are we just P'ed off and someone has to pay?

Abhor the evil. Christians incorrectly gauge all anger as sinful, but that is not correct.
Abhor the evil. Do something about it, but do it for America as a beacon of Godliness, not just because this is the greatest nation ever.
Abhor the evil. Protect our loved ones.

You see I'm trying to point the Glory to God, not a country, or your best bud, or any other reason on earth. It is VERY hard to do. We all cross the line into just plain P'ed and we pray He's in charge, not us.

Abhor the evil with righteousness.
Impossible to do if you're not a follower.
Hard to do if you are a follower.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: A thought for you [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6923440
07/07/20 10:40 PM
07/07/20 10:40 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Donnersurvivor,

Answering that pictorial may depend on whether a person is a Christian.

Re: A thought for you [Re: ] #6923495
07/07/20 11:29 PM
07/07/20 11:29 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Donnersurvivor,

well if ya'll want to make Constantinople great again count me a Christian, if you just want to convert the third world and bring the converts over here, count me out.

Re: A thought for you [Re: ] #6923510
07/07/20 11:40 PM
07/07/20 11:40 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee

Abhor the evil with righteousness.
Impossible to do if you're not a follower.
Hard to do if you are a follower.

Blessings!
Mark

I don't agree with you there Mark. One can do the right thing even if one does not believe in the christian version of a deity. I hold no grudge about anyone. (Well maybe Left Lane a bit on friday nights). But if anyone tries to do harm to me or mine. They have just gone past their sell by date. I would not take that measure for any ideology, political or otherwise. But I will protect my family at all costs. Just because I don't ask a god to forgive me for my actions does not make them more or less righteous. The act in itself is the same.

ATB

Michael

edit. Of course thats just my two cents worth and probably worth not even that.

Last edited by Scuba1; 07/07/20 11:41 PM.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: A thought for you [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6923512
07/07/20 11:42 PM
07/07/20 11:42 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43

When did Christians go from this
[Linked Image]

To this

[Linked Image]

And why? [/quote]

I have no issue with this pic, although, I don't have context either. If you have a problem with this pic WITHOUT context, then I feel our nation is doomed.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: A thought for you [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6923515
07/07/20 11:44 PM
07/07/20 11:44 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Go get a dress and a bucket and get after them.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: A thought for you [Re: Yukon John] #6923522
07/07/20 11:52 PM
07/07/20 11:52 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Yukon John

I have no issue with this pic, although, I don't have context either. If you have a problem with this pic WITHOUT context, then I feel our nation is doomed.

Pope washing the feet of Muslim immigrants to Europe.

Re: A thought for you [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6923529
07/07/20 11:58 PM
07/07/20 11:58 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Pope washing the feet of Muslim immigrants to Europe.

I DO have a problem with that then...just trying to help some of you realize that things aren't always what they seem. (Although I'm sure it will befall deaf ears)

Re: A thought for you [Re: Yukon John] #6923531
07/08/20 12:05 AM
07/08/20 12:05 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

I DO have a problem with that then...just trying to help some of you realize that things aren't always what they seem. (Although I'm sure it will befall deaf ears)

What purpose did that last part serve? "(although I'm sure it will befall deaf ears)". Why would you assume I am not open to new information and instead of trying to educate me assume I am closed minded and unwilling to yield? Why throw that little dig in there?

Re: A thought for you [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6923539
07/08/20 12:19 AM
07/08/20 12:19 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43

What purpose did that last part serve? "(although I'm sure it will befall deaf ears)". Why would you assume I am not open to new information and instead of trying to educate me assume I am closed minded and unwilling to yield? Why throw that little dig in there?

Donnersurvivor, I didn't mean you specifically, just those on the thread, that, like myself, have been somewhat close minded on this whole "movement". Please accept my apologies, I'm simply trying to convey that sometimes we can't take things at face value.

Ultimately I should have just kept my thoughts to myself, I have a hard time doing that at times. Thank you.

Last edited by Yukon John; 07/08/20 12:23 AM.

Re: A thought for you [Re: Yukon John] #6923544
07/08/20 12:34 AM
07/08/20 12:34 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

Donnersurvivor, I didn't mean you specifically, just those on the thread, that, like myself, have been somewhat close minded on this whole "movement". Please accept my apologies, I'm simply trying to convey that sometimes we can't take things at face value.

Ultimately I should have just kept my thoughts to myself, I have a hard time doing that at times. Thank you.

I just completed a hike with a 50 pound pack, maybe I was a bit to willing to assume the worst, its all good.

Re: A thought for you [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6923547
07/08/20 12:39 AM
07/08/20 12:39 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Donnersurvivor, it's late man! Maybe sometime we can start anew.

Re: A thought for you [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6923649
07/08/20 07:43 AM
07/08/20 07:43 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline OP
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline OP
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
And that right there is an example of good christian principals! I'm proud of you two!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: A thought for you [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6924620
07/09/20 07:11 AM
07/09/20 07:11 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Donnersurvivor,

well if ya'll want to make Constantinople great again count me a Christian, if you just want to convert the third world and bring the converts over here, count me out.

Understood. I wouldn't be the dude to talk to because the non-denominational Protestant believes that the power of conversion occurs by the power of the Holy Spirit. We would have them hear the Word (Gospel), lest how will they choose what they do not know, but we wouldn't slap on the armor and make them convert. That has happened in the history of Christianity by those who were more interested in their power than the workings of God.

Or by another monotheistic religion, that continues to do it today = Islam.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread