Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Amazing time with a fellow Tman member #6921309
07/06/20 01:34 AM
07/06/20 01:34 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline OP
trapper
martentrapper  Offline OP
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
We, the wife and I, occasionally to to Chitna to dip net. That is what we did this July 4th weekend. My wife owns a house in the Kenny Lake area and we use that house when we go down there, from Fairbanks. My wife spent her last 2 years of high school there and her mom lived there until around 2010. The wife still knows a number of people in that area.
This morning, as we were preparing to head back to FBKS, I suggested we go to church there in Kenny Lake. I'm not all that religious but I was hoping that Ada Wilson would be there. Dean and Ada are part of some of the best times of my life and seeing her brings back those times. (Dean was a fur buyer back in my early alaska trapping days).
We got to the church just a few minutes late. Ada wasn't there but several other people my wife knows were and we stayed for the whole sermon, singing, etc. The main sermon was giving by someone I have never met, but we all know him from his posts here on Tman. His sermon was the AMAZING time. I'm not going to go into detail but it really effected me. I don't know why. Maybe because he is a fellow Alaskan trapper. Anyway, his sermon today was about a current topic but it was all underlayed with biblical references. It was almost like a lawyer laying out his case with the evidence being in the bible. I honestly believe that being a trapper, thinking like a trapper, helped this man compose this sermon. I made sure to introduce myself to this man when church was over.
Most of you wouldn't recognize the preacher by his birth name. We all know him as Wolverine Bait. His sermon wasn't finished this day. It will continue next Sunday. It can be seen by Zoom, but I don't know yet exactly how to do that.
The only downside to this day is now I feel the need to hear a sermon by Mark June..............and he's way down in Texas!!

Re: Amazing time with a fellow Tman member [Re: martentrapper] #6921430
07/06/20 09:09 AM
07/06/20 09:09 AM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
Isn't it interesting how the Lord can work in mysterious ways , I tell folks that I'm living proof that God looks after fool's and idiots or I'd of been dead a long time ago ha ha !

How did the dip netting go did you catch any fish ?
Allan

Re: Amazing time with a fellow Tman member [Re: martentrapper] #6921498
07/06/20 10:50 AM
07/06/20 10:50 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline OP
trapper
martentrapper  Offline OP
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
We went in knowing it wasn't a good time to fish. Most everyone was doing poorly. We only got one salmon.

Re: Amazing time with a fellow Tman member [Re: martentrapper] #6921519
07/06/20 11:19 AM
07/06/20 11:19 AM
juneau, alaska
A
alaska viking Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
alaska viking  Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
A

juneau, alaska
Well, one fish might feed a thousand.....with a loaf of bread.

Made it almost 3 years without censor!

Re: Amazing time with a fellow Tman member [Re: martentrapper] #6921753
07/06/20 03:33 PM
07/06/20 03:33 PM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
And what a loaf of bread that would be ! Ha ha it's been awhile since I caught a salmon I hope sometime to get over to the face of the dam on Fort Peck and try salmon fishing over there .
I wish you well for catching a bunch the next trip over and don't forget to take a bunch of pictures.

Re: Amazing time with a fellow Tman member [Re: martentrapper] #6921893
07/06/20 06:23 PM
07/06/20 06:23 PM
SW Alaska
otterman Offline
trapper
otterman  Offline
trapper

SW Alaska
MT Daves a heck of a good guy but I didn’t know he was a preacher as well as a awesome halibut fisherman

We get out of life only as much as we really want and work hard enough to achieve
Re: Amazing time with a fellow Tman member [Re: martentrapper] #6922404
07/07/20 01:31 AM
07/07/20 01:31 AM
Interior Alaska
smalltimetrapper Offline
small greenhorn
smalltimetrapper  Offline
small greenhorn

Interior Alaska
Cool connection for you. I'm sure Dave's living through the mokai incident on the Copper helped his faith as well!

Re: Amazing time with a fellow Tman member [Re: martentrapper] #6923860
07/08/20 11:27 AM
07/08/20 11:27 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Pretty cool story MT. You were there for a reason. Would love to watch the sermon if someone could post it?

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman