No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
As I predicted ... #6924105
07/08/20 03:23 PM
07/08/20 03:23 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline OP
trapper
Actor  Offline OP
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: As I predicted ... [Re: Actor] #6924118
07/08/20 03:37 PM
07/08/20 03:37 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Not a surprise considering all the protesting in close proximity. Then, as carriers these young, infected protesters carry it into bars and restaurants. Instead of laying the blame where they should, the main stream media blames the restaurants and bars, not the real source of the problem.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: As I predicted ... [Re: Actor] #6924121
07/08/20 03:39 PM
07/08/20 03:39 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Most people around here seem to care little about Covid-19. Our county went from 37 to 41 known cases. Franklin county, 2 counties over, has thousands more recent cases.

Yesterday, our governor made masks mandatory in counties with lots of cases.

Keith

Re: As I predicted ... [Re: KeithC] #6924148
07/08/20 04:20 PM
07/08/20 04:20 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline OP
trapper
Actor  Offline OP
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Originally Posted by KeithC
Most people around here seem to care little about Covid-19. Our county went from 37 to 41 known cases. Franklin county, 2 counties over, has thousands more recent cases.

Yesterday, our governor made masks mandatory in counties with lots of cases.

Keith

You are right Keith... yesterday it was 6 red counties and today they have added one more.

No, it isn't just the restaurants and bars. Over the 4th weekend there were parties going on all around me. Just from standing on my back porch on the 4th I could see 5 significant parties going on in my neighborhood. One was between 40 and 50 people and the rest were 20 to 30 or more. I could not see anyone with a mask on. There was no concern about distancing or any other precaution. People at these parties ranged from toddlers to 60 or more.

Do I get concerned... you are darn right I do. I am 79, my respiratory system is not good. So, needless to say I stay at home, alone 24/7. I get pretty lonesome at times. A good per cent of my close friends have died in the last couple of years and several of my close relatives. My van only leaves the yard when I go to grocery, or to pick up meds from the pharmacy. I have always been a very gregarious person and was organizing get togethers... but those days have past.

I know there are a bunch of people around and some on here, that think this is all foolishness and they probably will until someone close to them die from from Covid... I hope I am wrong, but that seems to be the way things work now days. As I have said before... this virus will come in (at least) 3 waves, each probably worse then the one before. I am glad the death rate is no higher in this country, than it has been, but again, this wave might be or the next one could be. This was predicted to last about 18 months in the beginning... so there is still almost a year of it left, if we are lucky.

Garry-

Last edited by Actor; 07/08/20 11:22 PM.

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread