No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924680
07/09/20 08:43 AM
07/09/20 08:43 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

As the morals of any nation or people decline, there is always disagreement over how immoral the immorality is.
This forum, and all others, show us that clearly.

All of us are sinful by nature.
Some profess this by their faith.
Others just think of themselves as a category of "why" I do the things I do.
Others say I like me this way.
Others say who cares.
Most say do not judge me.

Some of us, fewer by the day - in a growing culture of immorality (morals defined by Scripture, not by humans) just go about our business the best we can, prayerful that we can be a bit more righteous tomorrow than today by the power of the Spirit, because if it were up to just us...
I'd be a poor choice to change me.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: warrior] #6924834
07/09/20 11:41 AM
07/09/20 11:41 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by danny clifton
so when does life begin?

At conception when a completed unique individual strand of DNA has formed.

Bingo.
That's the only sensible answer.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: Trapper7] #6924858
07/09/20 12:02 PM
07/09/20 12:02 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Trapper7
I still want to know the difference between a pregnant woman being murdered and the perpetrator is charged with, not only the woman's death, but the death of her unborn baby as well?

But, if a woman decides she doesn't want the baby she's carrying, she can have it killed. In one case the fetus is considered a human being. In the latter case, it's not? How is that distinction made? Wouldn't the solution be for the woman to have the baby and give it up for adoption since she doesn't want it?

Did anyone respond to this? If not, educate me.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924864
07/09/20 12:15 PM
07/09/20 12:15 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
I’m just curious who is willing to put their money where their mouth is. There are currently almost half a million kids in US foster care, many available for adoption. Who fully supports government programs to take care of these children? Who gives financial aid (not in taxes) to help out these many children? Who supports programs that help these kids when they are adults and in trouble, whether legal, financial or mental? Who thinks that women should be forced to carry and give birth to a child that may suffer a terrible upbringing is so important that they are willing to financially and emotionally help those kids?

Unless you are willing to help carry the burden then I think the strong stances are blowing hot air around a topic that was moot until it became political.

To me it’s strange as all heck considering how many unwanted children become the very people so many on here despise, the social program users, the incarcerated, the uneducated, the poverty stricken. If you think most unwanted children end up living amongst beautiful row crops in Iowa or on a mountainside in Idaho then I think you are sorely mistaken.

Last edited by rvsask; 07/09/20 12:19 PM.
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924866
07/09/20 12:17 PM
07/09/20 12:17 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

When a society answers questions just as Aristotle advocated (from man to the heavens) rather than as Plato advocated (from the heavens to man), there is bound to be a difference. Western civilization (us) is Aristotilian in our education, our logic, and our laws.

So we wrestle with what one human says versus what another human says versus what another human says versus what another human says versus what another human says versus what another human says....

I'm going to need more space for this.

Perhaps a difference is that we have now had a century of publicly funded (so we know it's reliable) education and 4 good decades of higher education (universities) where most K-12 shuffle off to, where they have been taught repeatedly that what every human says is in fact correct. Grades, and results, and scores = toss those out = not fair = racist = suppressive.

This is going to get interesting in the coming years.
Some are going to decide they are correcter than the other correct.

cool

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: ] #6924870
07/09/20 12:20 PM
07/09/20 12:20 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Mark June
As the morals of any nation or people decline, there is always disagreement over how immoral the immorality is.

Some of us, fewer by the day - in a growing culture of immorality (morals defined by Scripture, not by humans) just go about our business the best we can, prayerful that we can be a bit more righteous tomorrow than today by the power of the Spirit, because if it were up to just us...

Blessings!
Mark

I've read the Bible, I'm not so sure it's a great place to look for morality.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6924871
07/09/20 12:21 PM
07/09/20 12:21 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Blessings!
Mark

I won't even attempt to answer this one.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: rvsask] #6924874
07/09/20 12:22 PM
07/09/20 12:22 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by rvsask

Unless you are willing to help carry the burden then I think the strong stances are blowing hot air around a topic that was moot until it became political.

Why should we carry a burden that is preventable?

-Goofy-
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924876
07/09/20 12:23 PM
07/09/20 12:23 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
You are right. Them kids would be better off dead. Just like all people who suffer. It is not like we have to support other peoples kids voluntarily. The do gooders already made it mandatory. The same do gooders that want them kids dead, so they don't have to support them.

It has got so stupid now In Europe. The taxpayers pay people to have kids, because they need future people to support all them retired people.

That wore me out. Time to go chug a Brawndo "The thirst Mutilator" My body craves it.

Last edited by Dirt; 07/09/20 12:32 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924879
07/09/20 12:25 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
rvask, please tell me what a great job Canada has done and how you support it?

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: ] #6924880
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
When a society answers questions just as Aristotle advocated (from man to the heavens) rather than as Plato advocated (from the heavens to man), there is bound to be a difference. Western civilization (us) is Aristotilian in our education, our logic, and our laws. :

Plato also reccomended all children be raised by the state and that incest between siblings would be fine.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924885
07/09/20 12:29 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Hobbietrapper, why worry about the burden then if you don’t wish to share carrying the weight of it just because it is preventable? Everything that is “problematic “ is preventable. Currently the about 4000 ex foster kids a year end up homeless, victims of ptsd, drug addiction etc. Foster care is described as the pipeline to prison in the USA as us, imagine how bad it’d be, seriously , picture it.

If you’re unwilling to share in the burden then you’re part of the problem if you think every aborted fetus should be born.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: ] #6924886
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

I won't even attempt to answer this one.

When your source of morality supports slavery, genocide and incest it may be more prudent to question the source.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924891
07/09/20 12:32 PM
07/09/20 12:32 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Donnersurvivor,
What source is that?

Oh and I didn't recommend Platoian philosophy.
Clarification on that point.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924896
07/09/20 12:36 PM
07/09/20 12:36 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Rex123, I’m unsure specifically what you are asking.

In terms of support I support our women’s right to choose. If they choose to terminate a pregnancy I support them I also support those kids that were carried to term and dumped in Foster Care by supporting all programs for them, spending my money at times to help those kids in need, by not whining when my tax money pays for their programs and treatments needed. I educate myself in their behaviours and likelyhood of social issues, dysfunction and traumas because of it and I teach my kids to be empathetic as well as about birth control. Kids have sex, the places that preach absutinence have the highest rates of teen pregnancies.The Foster system here is no better and I cannot fathom the problem being immensely worse with a huge influx of forced births.

Last edited by rvsask; 07/09/20 12:38 PM.
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: ] #6924905
07/09/20 12:49 PM
07/09/20 12:49 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Donnersurvivor,
What source is that?

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property"- Exodus 21-20

Find a verse that condemns slavery.

After God rains down fire on Sodom and Gomora destroying all in the city for being "immoral" Lotts daughters sleep with him and have two childeren, no holy fire was rained down by my memory for that.

As far as genocide goes, may as well go with samuel 15:3 here Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924914
07/09/20 12:52 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
It was the exact same question you asked american's on here . What do you do other than what we do . You seemed to be judging so I assumed you had a better answer. Sounds like that's not the case.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: rvsask] #6924915
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by rex123
rvask, please tell me what a great job Canada has done and how you support it?

Originally Posted by rvsask
Hobbietrapper, why worry about the burden then if you don’t wish to share carrying the weight of it just because it is preventable? Everything that is “problematic “ is preventable. Currently the about 4000 ex foster kids a year end up homeless, victims of ptsd, drug addiction etc. Foster care is described as the pipeline to prison in the USA as us, imagine how bad it’d be, seriously , picture it.

If you’re unwilling to share in the burden then you’re part of the problem if you think every aborted fetus should be born.

I grew up with no reward for bad behavior and so it goes now.

-Goofy-
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6924940
07/09/20 01:21 PM
07/09/20 01:21 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Donnersurvivor,
What source is that?

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property"- Exodus 21-20

Find a verse that condemns slavery.

After God rains down fire on Sodom and Gomora destroying all in the city for being "immoral" Lotts daughters sleep with him and have two childeren, no holy fire was rained down by my memory for that.

As far as genocide goes, may as well go with samuel 15:3 here Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

I'm afraid there is too much to dive into on TMan to right your apple cart. I will offer, you are not reading the narrative with the correct interpretation.

If an infinite Creator revealed Inspired Word to the created, would the finite created understand all that is revealed perfectly?
Protestants believe no. Might get a good jist, but we are not God so we pray the Holy Spirit, who Inspired the writing by human authors, assists us.
And we huddle as a church body to dialog, to add another layer of interpretive understanding.

I've been off kilter so many times in my hermeneutics that it's wondrous to have faithful brethren to work through the text together.

Mine is not a sincere deflection, but I think you're reading the Bible as one who seeks to sees himself and his ways advocated in it.
Very common in unbelievers, and those not saved through Christ.

Blessings
Mark

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: ] #6924952
07/09/20 01:31 PM
07/09/20 01:31 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
I will offer, you are not reading the narrative with the correct interpretation.

That is the crux of it is it not? Ambiguity which allows interpretation to justify about anything you want it to. Anyone who does something you disapprove of "they are not real Christians".

"would the finite created understand all that is revealed perfectly?"

Well consider billions of souls are riding on it I guess I would hope the creator would make things pretty clear cut.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread