No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6925624
07/10/20 01:14 AM
07/10/20 01:14 AM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

I can’t help you with your question...but as a child went to a baptist church for Sunday school. I did learn some stuff in the way of the stories they tell children to help them understand.
I ended up being a bad child AND young adult. That said every time I did something bad, I knew it. I also knew someone was watching me that couldn’t be seen. I would look up and silently apologize. I wasn’t taught to repent or what it meant until I was older. Just somehow I knew that I should acknowledge that I was wrong. I still do it today. I do worry I won’t get to heaven but as I age I have become excepting of that. I understand the consequences.
I am no church goer, but my aunt told me that don’t matter as long as you carry god inside you, he’ll be all around you.
One last thing. I don’t pray often as I don’t feel I deserve. When I do pray I’m usually in fear of my life or I’m lost in life and need major help....or I’m praying on someone else.
The last prayer answered was for a wife that loves me, my last one loved men. Nearly broke me. My prayer for a wife was answered to the T or G in this case...I prayed for a ginger. I literally asked god for a skinny ginger girl that was head strong. We’ve been married 5 yrs now.
I’ve asked your question before silently in my head. If god answered my ridiculous prayers for a wife to love me I feel I must somehow still be in good graces.
Take it easy on me guys, I’m no preacher and don’t know much about religion.

Last edited by Wylee; 07/10/20 01:31 AM. Reason: Forgot an important word
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6925626
07/10/20 01:19 AM
07/10/20 01:19 AM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

Donnie H I agree with that knock. It will be loud and clear. I believe that knock is for simple people like myself or people who are to busy to think about something greater than the life they live.

Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6925629
07/10/20 01:28 AM
minn
F
fossil2 Offline
trapper
fossil2  Offline
trapper
F

minn
wylee,,,youre right about not deserving anything from God, none if us "deserve" anything. everything from Him is a gift, and is given in love. just take a minute each night, and thank Him for the day, the people with whom he blesses your life, etc.

Re: Sins and heaven [Re: ] #6925630
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Originally Posted by Wylee
I can’t help you with your question...but as a child went to a baptist church for Sunday school. I did learn some stuff in the way of the stories they tell children to help them understand.
I ended up being a bad child AND young adult. That said every time I did something bad, I knew it. I also knew someone was watching me that couldn’t be seen. I would look up and silently apologize. I wasn’t taught to repent or what it meant until I was older. Just somehow I knew that I should acknowledge that I was wrong. I still do it today. I do worry I won’t get to heaven but as I age I have become excepting of that. I understand the consequences.
I am no church goer, but my aunt told me that don’t matter as long as you carry god inside you, he’ll be all around you.
One last thing. I don’t pray often as I don’t feel I deserve. When I do pray I’m usually in fear of my life or I’m lost in life and need major help....or I’m praying on someone else.
The last prayer answered was for a wife that loves me, my last one loved men. Nearly broke me. My prayer for a wife was to the T or G in this case...I prayed for a ginger. I literally asked god for a skinny ginger girl that was head strong. We’ve been married 5 yrs now.
I’ve asked your question before silently in my head. If god answered my ridiculous prayers for a wife to love me I feel I must somehow still be in good graces.

Couldn't agree more , Wylee!

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: ] #6925633
07/10/20 02:12 AM
07/10/20 02:12 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
The last prayer answered was for a wife that loves me, my last one loved men. Nearly broke me. My prayer for a wife was answered to the T or G in this case...I prayed for a ginger. I literally asked god for a skinny ginger girl that was head strong. We’ve been married 5 yrs now.

You are truly blessed...THAT is the Holy Spirit whom we are searching for! You are repentant, and that is how you humble yourself before God. I would invite you to find a Christian church of some sort, so that you can grow in the greatness of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Don't let this opportunity go to waste, peace of Christ be with you!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6925666
07/10/20 06:00 AM
07/10/20 06:00 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Can someone explain how you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

Without giving an actual demonstration, I mean. lol

Can you be forgiven if you blaspheme against God or Jesus? But not if your blasphemy targeted the Holy Spirit? Can someone explain, please. Mark?

One of those "mysteries"? I hope I've never blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. At some point I may want to repent and seek forgiveness for my other sins.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6925702
07/10/20 06:56 AM
07/10/20 06:56 AM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
James, you have my phone #...

Donnie

Last edited by Donnie H; 07/10/20 06:56 AM.
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6925711
07/10/20 07:12 AM
07/10/20 07:12 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Wylee, if you can find a church, I would recommend that. In the mean time read your Bible daily if you have one, if you don't get one.

Re: Sins and heaven [Re: James] #6925718
07/10/20 07:21 AM
07/10/20 07:21 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by James

Can you be forgiven if you blaspheme against God or Jesus? But not if your blasphemy targeted the Holy Spirit? Can someone explain, please. Mark?

One of those "mysteries"? I hope I've never blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. At some point I may want to repent and seek forgiveness for my other sins.

Jim

Have you ever purposefully mocked the Holy Spirit?

-Goofy-
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: ] #6925720
07/10/20 07:22 AM
07/10/20 07:22 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by J Staton
Wylee, if you can find a church, I would recommend that. In the mean time read your Bible daily if you have one, if you don't get one.

Better yet, PM me your addy and I’ll send you one.

-Goofy-
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: James] #6925808
07/10/20 09:12 AM
07/10/20 09:12 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by James

Jim

James read my post on the first page. It might help with a couple of your questions about blasphemy.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6927129
07/11/20 02:46 PM
07/11/20 02:46 PM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

What say the op? Has his question been answered sufficiently?
I appreciate the offer of a bible but I had one and had a difficult time reading it. It had its place though and just its existence was significant. I left it in the house we sold in Oregon, I knew it would find it’s way to another that would see it and try to read it...and maybe cause them to think about their life and actions.
As far as finding a church, I haven’t found one that called me in yet. But I am not lost. I live in the biggest church known to man. It’s all around me every where I look even when my eyes are closed.
A question related to the the original. When we are talking silently to god and he answers back, is that considered a prayer and an answer?

Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6927174
07/11/20 03:30 PM
07/11/20 03:30 PM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline
trapper
TraderVic  Offline
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
May I suggest a Study Bible with thousands of foot notes to further explain and clarify the scriptures.

FWIW, the "church" is not a building or a surrounding of nature, etc., but IT IS the followers of Jesus Christ.

Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6927239
07/11/20 05:15 PM
07/11/20 05:15 PM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

I hear ya. And my “called me in” quote referred to the followers. You see I’m covered in tattoos, have a shaved head(cuz I’m bald) and a long beard. I think most have judged me as an unsavory character. Again I understand the consequences of my actions and I think judgement is one of those...
I will look into a study bible. It would be enlightening to understand. Are there any that are solely an interpretation? I’d not want to read anything opinionated.

Last edited by Wylee; 07/11/20 05:16 PM.
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6927244
07/11/20 05:19 PM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline
trapper
TraderVic  Offline
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
There are a number of good translations. I prefer the English Standard Version (ESV).
Wylie, what matters to most people and to God is what's in your heart.
Best regards, Vic

Re: Sins and heaven [Re: ] #6927245
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I hear ya. And my “called me in” quote referred to the followers. You see I’m covered in tattoos, have a shaved head(cuz I’m bald) and a long beard. I think most have judged me as an unsavory character. Again I understand the consequences of my actions and I think judgement is one of those...
I will look into a study bible. It would be enlightening to understand. Are there any that are solely an interpretation? I’d not want to read anything opinionated.

It’s obvious the Holy Spirit has moved you, ask which one you should get and let it be your guide through the pages.

-Goofy-
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: ] #6927249
07/11/20 05:26 PM
07/11/20 05:26 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

A question related to the the original. When we are talking silently to god and he answers back, is that considered a prayer and an answer?

It’s a conversation with one who already knows your needs.

Psalm 37:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

-Goofy-
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6927343
07/11/20 07:25 PM
07/11/20 07:25 PM

W
Wylee
Unregistered
Wylee
Unregistered
W

Thanks for the wisdom guys.
Hobbie I’ve been running my life asking and I think it’s a good method. Sometimes I don’t need to ask at all but am just compelled. Example. I have 5 near new dog proofs hanging in my shop. They won’t do me any good up here surely. I’ve tried to trade them without success and every time I try the thought pops into my head that I should just give them to some kid. Little and some big things are happening like this in my life all the time. Not just with giving items either. I keep finding myself in situations that I know how to fix...
Some would say that’s just life or a coincidence, others may say it’s called having a conscience. I’m not so sure....

Re: Sins and heaven [Re: ] #6927362
07/11/20 07:44 PM
07/11/20 07:44 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Thanks for the wisdom guys.
Hobbie I’ve been running my life asking and I think it’s a good method. Sometimes I don’t need to ask at all but am just compelled. Example. I have 5 near new dog proofs hanging in my shop. They won’t do me any good up here surely. I’ve tried to trade them without success and every time I try the thought pops into my head that I should just give them to some kid. Little and some big things are happening like this in my life all the time. Not just with giving items either. I keep finding myself in situations that I know how to fix...
Some would say that’s just life or a coincidence, others may say it’s called having a conscience. I’m not so sure....

Those little and big things that are happening to you are the Holy spirit moving you. God Bless

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Sins and heaven [Re: k snow] #6927792
07/12/20 09:58 AM
07/12/20 09:58 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Wylee before you read the Bible, sincerely pray and the Holy Spirit will give you understanding.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread