No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926368
07/10/20 08:02 PM
07/10/20 08:02 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Truth lies with truth, not between us but tangible to those who properly seek and find it. That's heavy lol. Hey, you ever get that buggy done? Another thread about it perhaps?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926376
07/10/20 08:05 PM
07/10/20 08:05 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Seen a post on FB a guys Mom and her friend signed up for testing went to the test site waited then they ended up leaving because it was taking so long, a few days later the were notified they were positive for Covid. It’s Facebook so take it for what it worth.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Catch22] #6926396
07/10/20 08:17 PM
07/10/20 08:17 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
Originally Posted by Catch22
Truth lies with truth, not between us but tangible to those who properly seek and find it. That's heavy lol. Hey, you ever get that buggy done? Another thread about it perhaps?

There's a Kant quote & theorem just ripe for the plucking but let's let this thread devolve on its lonesome.

Buggy still in process - neat you remembered! A 69' Honda ATC90 got in the way first & then a new human decided to join us. Priority list got re-arranged mighty fast smile

Sorry OP - back to regularly scheduled shenaningans.

[Linked Image]

-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926408
07/10/20 08:24 PM
07/10/20 08:24 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Awesome man, I dig ya. But that ain't no 69! 70 maybe.....

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926411
07/10/20 08:25 PM
07/10/20 08:25 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Sorry OP grinMask suck!

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926428
07/10/20 08:35 PM
07/10/20 08:35 PM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
A good listen , 5 min.

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926677
07/11/20 12:03 AM
07/11/20 12:03 AM
Canada
O
Ouananiche Offline
trapper
Ouananiche  Offline
trapper
O

Canada
Originally Posted by Kart29
Originally Posted by Ouananiche
To answer your specific questions
1- Prior to Covid we had a handle on what was out there killing people. Covid is still an oddball we haven't figured out, we don't know it's treatment or it's transmission capabilities. So wearing a mask post-covid arriving makes sense, once you know there's an unknown threat it would make no sense to not wear one. (not in all situations)
2-Yes, if the threat is great enough, or even unknown enough (as it is currently) (and also, not in all situations)

It's common sense to be more cautious in the face of an unmapped viral threat.... But i also have heart problems (congenital defects) that i will need surgery, so eventhough i'm a fit 6 foot tall 190lbs 37 year old retired-professional athlete i am always at risk.

these questions are actually super weak in their vagueness. Do you mean wear a mask all the time? like at home alone too? Do you just mean going to public services? Busses, hospitals, courts etc....
There's a massive spectrum. I was willing to wear a mask before Covid in MANY situations (Dr, Dentist, visiting elderly family etc...) now the list is just longer, as it probably always should have been.
EVERYONE will wear a mask (covid or not) in certain situations and EVERYONE will NOT wear a mask for certain things.... So it really is just a question of where the line is for you now, and whether it's different post-covid than pre-covid

EVERYONE will say they are forever changed by covid if they're being honest. Even if it's just small things like owning masks and purell and gloves and more food if possible, vitamins..... etc.........

I understand why you want to wear a mask for your own protection. I'm especially wondering about folks who wear a mask, not for their own protection but specifically for the protection of others and for the purpose of helping to stop the spread.

To be more clear, I'm talking about wearing a mask in the presence of other people who may be at risk of catching the virus from you.

I think you are right that it is a question of where the line is - and what makes COVID on one side of the line and other diseases on the other.

Ya i think we're on the same page basically. i'm as cautious as i should be, you're as cautious as you should be. That's the gist of what everyone should do

It sucks though that my "at risk" status isn't protected as well by me wearing a mask than by you wearing a mask (the theoretical 'you', haha, let's pretend we're at the grocery) I have to go, you have to go, i'm best protected when you wear a mask (and all the other grocery goers) than if i just wear a mask.

i suppose that the only reasonable argument. But i can mitigate almost all risk by when i go, and how i act when i do. And wearing a mask myself probably does almost as much as if you all wear one....

So i'm fine with no one wearing one. i'll still wear one around sorta stranger in public places i'm forced to be in. But unless i'm seeing symptoms, i'm not seeing anything to ever worry about given the precautions i personally take of my own volition. The idea that the Gov is gonna innact rules that properly protect a 37 year old fella like me is a zero haha, i have to protect me... Their laws will be built to protect the weak, not me, despite the fact that i am one pf the weak, but since i don't look no one cares lol....

Anyways, i think the only real answer to your question about wearing a mask, is they'd be wearing it to protect "me" the vulnerable. Which is nice, but i can protect myself and don't need your mask, with the precautions and defences available, i'm not letting your mask be the lynchpin i might die by lol, i'll protect me.

it's the same as ALL SJW causes, protect those you perceive as weak and pathetic and needing aid, force it on them even if they didn't ask... it's the same for all their causes, they perceive something they view as lesser, and act on it, even if no one asked them to...

it's insulting to assume i can't take care of myself. it's the same insult many feel from most liberal agendas where they create pity laws for people they see as lesser and force "help" on them

A good example would be my family turning down First Nations status in Canada. Don't want, don't need, won't accept.

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926839
07/11/20 07:57 AM
07/11/20 07:57 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

To borrow a statement from Rick Harrison the pawn shop guy, "Wearing a mask at this stage of a pandemic is about like wearing a condom to a baby shower."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread